• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Uping Oxy safely

Cosmic Trigger

Bluelighter
I use Oxycodone daily at about 40mg presently for pain. If I wanted to use recreationally on rare occasions for the high, what would be a fairly safe maximum dose I could safely take. I have a pretty strong constitution and have played psychonaut for over 40 years on the high dose end of the spectrum with not even one near close call using all kinds of psychedelics. I really want to know what the junkies feel without doing heroin and I want to do it fairly safely. I'm not adverse to some risk as life is a risk and I take responsibility for my choices. So what would be a max oxy dose for a really great experience?

I use Oxycodone daily at about 40mg presently for pain. If I wanted to use recreationally on rare occasions for the high, what would be a fairly safe maximum dose I could safely take. I have a pretty strong constitution and have played psychonaut for over 40 years on the high dose end of the spectrum with not even one near close call using all kinds of psychedelics. I really want to know what the junkies feel without doing heroin and I want to do it fairly safely. I'm not adverse to some risk as life is a risk and I take responsibility for my choices. So what would be a max oxy dose for a really great experience?

It's going to be difficult for anyone to give you a legitimate answer. Sure, one person might say "oh bro just bang like 120mg you'll be straight" and the next person might say "40mg would get you feelin' good if you just IV that shit".... etc. etc.

But everyone's different. Do you take it orally as you're supposed to? Do you take all 40mg at once - or do you take like 10 mg every 6 hours (making it 40mg for the day)? These things might help us give a better idea. But lets say, theoretically, it's a script that has you take 40mg total throughout the entire day, then I'd just take all 40mg at once (for the first time) and see how it feels for you. If it hits you pretty good then you can keep doing that or go up slowly. If it doesn't get you feeling really good then the next day just up the dosage a bit.

That's just my 2 cents. But then again, I don't do anything like snorting or plugging or IVing - I take them orally. Those other methods can hit you harder and faster but I have always liked the good old fashioned way.

Like spongecake said, it really depends on how youre taking them, but if you are taking 40mg all at one time, orally, then i would say, go for 60mg all at once. BUT, i would also advise, if you have the ability, to take a break from oxy for a couple days, and then take your normal dose all at once.

Theres also the option to use potentiators with your normal 40mg dose, such as cimetidine, diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine, pregabalin/gabapentin, etc etc.

It's going to be difficult for anyone to give you a legitimate answer. Sure, one person might say "oh bro just bang like 120mg you'll be straight" and the next person might say "40mg would get you feelin' good if you just IV that shit".... etc. etc.

But everyone's different. Do you take it orally as you're supposed to? Do you take all 40mg at once - or do you take like 10 mg every 6 hours (making it 40mg for the day)? These things might help us give a better idea. But lets say, theoretically, it's a script that has you take 40mg total throughout the entire day, then I'd just take all 40mg at once (for the first time) and see how it feels for you. If it hits you pretty good then you can keep doing that or go up slowly. If it doesn't get you feeling really good then the next day just up the dosage a bit.

That's just my 2 cents. But then again, I don't do anything like snorting or plugging or IVing - I take them orally. Those other methods can hit you harder and faster but I have always liked the good old fashioned way.

I take it all at once usually and I take it crushed orally or plugged. Thanks for your reply. I'm also on 1800 mg a day of gabapentin for nerve pain.

Probably 60-70mg would be a good starting point but you know once you start abusing them they aren't going to work as well for your pain.

Well with my years of abusing opiates unfortunate, my dosage increased without me trying, at first it takes little to none to get that great warm hugging feeling that opiates give you. Once your body gets used to it, you will chase and chase that first high. Im not a doctor or a rehab person but just my opinion i would stop while your still ahead. It is a very dangerous dead end road.

I know the drill. However I'm an old man with a painful disease. So knowing that I have little to lose. Were I in my 20s-50s I'd be listening to you intently which I did back then. I stuck with psychedelics.

Alright sorry didnt know your situation. My situation is different, i had a accident and now im addicted to this crap, and im only in my 20s. But ohhh noo i cant have weed in my state for pain. Its all bug pharma!

That is a drag. Sorry to hear that. I live in Oregon and easily got a medical MJ card and was allowed to grow my own bud in my home. I grew some fucking killer high CBD bud. I was fortunate in that I used to grow in Seattle about 40 years ago and still had some talent. It's amazing now how much bud you can get out of a 3x3 grow tent. I was blown away by the bud I grew. Every bit as good as the dispensaries. Oops I guess I'm bragging. Sorry, I'm an old man and have little to live for anymore. =D Good luck to you bro.

You too bro, we have no weed shops where im at. But damn if we dont have some pretty good smoke.

Cosmic, clarify something for me. You take 40mg of immediate release oxycodone for a pain condition once daily and no more throughout the day?

Be careful, you will get a tolerance and will quite possibly wind up addicted to them. Stay safe.

You posted how you grow herb, and it's legal in Oregon. Just stick to that, and grow an Indica and use it for cooking strong food for pain relief instead of abusing opiates.

Last edited:
^he does not care about addiction he has a chronic disease that will kill him and hes one of BL older members..he also stated hes already addicted to his meds

i would say double your dose.

I take it all at once usually and I take it crushed orally or plugged. Thanks for your reply. I'm also on 1800 mg a day of gabapentin for nerve pain.

Ah. In that case, if it were me and I was used to 40mg per day, I'd up it to 60mg-70mg the first time. And then based off whatever that dosage had me feeling like, I'd go from there. But again that's if taken orally (crushed or not). As stated I don't take meds any other route.