• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Upcoming first time taking LSD (Going to Candy flip)

darkr166

Greenlighter
Long-time lurker of bluelight but forgot my previous account log-in.

Anyways, im going to a 3 day festival with my girlfriend and plan on taking MDMA, bud, shroom and LSD with me. After a few years of rolling, i know its not smart to be rolling 2days straight yet alone 3.

I plan on taking pure mdma (tested) one night, another night shroom the next, and weed and the last LSD + MDMA to candy flipp for my first time. My concern is with the day I plan on candy flipping because I've never taken LSD before but have tripped on shrooms a few time so im not new to psyches. I have 4 LSD blotters with hits of 120ug per each blotter. With this being my g/f and I's first time taking LSD, we want to be able to enjoy or a good trip without going overboard and losing ourselves causing us to be in a "derp derp derp" kind of state. Our first time taking shrooms was a fun crazy expierence, but we were indoors and safe. Here though, we will be taking LSD for the first time at a massive.

I weigh 180lbs and my girl about 100lbs; How would you guys suggest I go about dosing for a 10 hour fest for when taking LSD (first timer) + MDMA without going overboard on the LSD and have it ruin the night?

Candyflipping on the third day of a three-day drug binge is a bad idea. You will not enjoy it because of cross-tolerance with the drugs you took the first two days, and you will set yourself up for a harsh comedown because of repeated MDMA use.

It's definitely not a good idea to combine LSD with other drugs for your first time! You don't really know what to expect or how you'll react to the LSD, I wouldn't even take it at a festival for the first time if I were you.

There's a cross tolerance between mushrooms and LSD as well, so your second trip would be roughly only half as strong as the first one (unless you double the dose).

Also MDMA rapidly builds a tolerance, is quite neurotoxic, you should not roll more than once, preferably on the last day, due to MDMAs tendency to cause a nasty hangover that lasts a few days. Also look into supplements to reduce the hangover period and reduce neurotoxicity.

Obviously it's your decision, but If I were you I'd look into tripping on the first day (120ug LSD sounds perfect), finding another drug for the second day that doesn't share any cross tolerance with LSD or MDMA (such as ketamine or GHB or even just cannabis), and finally rolling on day three.

First, LSD doesn't cause a "derp derp derp" effect in the least, more like a feeling of pure enlightenment. But you couldn't have known that, you've never done it after all. I second what the posters above me said. Why combo a drug you've never tried before? Take it alone and get a feel for what LSD is really like. Also, you obviously tested your MDMA.... Have you tested your LSD? The substitutes in bunk MDMA are usually way less dangerous than the substitutes in bunk LSD. Be careful, and good luck with your first trip on LSD.

Thanks, I guess I didnt research enough of the tolerence between mushrooms n LSD. I know enough about mdma safetly and havent rolled since last summer but knowing its best to only roll once and wait at least 3 months before doing it again, still plan on going into this fest with a somewhat YOLO attitude. Im all for safety (picked up the supplements as suggested from rollsafe) that why I decided not to roll all 3 days and just 2 and take a minimal does the first mdma night and abit more the night i choose to roll next.

I may just take the LSD the first night then and leave the shrooms at home for another time. Depending on how I feel, maybe take 120-140mg of mdma couple of hours after the LSD that first night.

Low dose LSD is much better for party like settings than shrooms anyways IME. Have fun with it OP. LSD is a unique and wonderful drug, and at low doses it's just pure fun. I find a bit of booze goes well at the end of the trip to bring you back down for some sleep.

Low dose LSD is much better for party like settings than shrooms anyways IME. Have fun with it OP. LSD is a unique and wonderful drug, and at low doses it's just pure fun. I find a bit of booze goes well at the end of the trip to bring you back down for some sleep.

What would you recommend as "low dose"? A full 120ug blotter or half of that (share with my girlfriend 60ug each) and then take another half later?

100ug LSD is the minimum dose for a actual trip. I'd take one tab each. It lasts roughly 8-10 hours so there's no real need to redose. Also redosing after a few hours will only increase duration, but not intensity.

100ug LSD is the minimum dose for a actual trip. I'd take one tab each. It lasts roughly 8-10 hours so there's no real need to redose. Also redosing after a few hours will only increase duration, but not intensity.

Thanks, that info is really helpful. Might as well take a whole hit.

I second taking one full dose. In the past one dose for me has been very manageable and comes nowhere near say, two or three full doses. The character of LSD seems to change the more you ingest IME. I've been fully capable of semi-normal interactions on one dose, but completely incapable of conversation with sober people on 2.5 doses for instance.

First, LSD doesn't cause a "derp derp derp" effect in the least

Sorry, but this is just not true. Taking even a moderate dose of LSD can make it hard to communicate normally, and if you take enough of it you'll completely forget who/where you are. LSD can VERY MUCH inhibit your ability to talk/act/behave normally.

100ug LSD is the minimum dose for a actual trip

Not sure what this means, but 100 mcg is well above the threshold dose for LSD's effects. I don't think I agree that a 60 mcg dose of LSD is "not an actual trip."

If you've never taken LSD at a show before, I'd recommend going with the 60 mcg dose. That will get you stimulated and it will be enough to give you a feel for what it's like.

Sorry, but this is just not true. Taking even a moderate dose of LSD can make it hard to communicate normally, and if you take enough of it you'll completely forget who/where you are. LSD can VERY MUCH inhibit your ability to talk/act/behave normally.
Perhaps we have a different definition of what "derp derp" was meant to mean. I do agree that LSD makes communication difficult, particularly when you're trying to communicate with sober individuals. I apologize if I came across as suggesting you can just go about your day like things are normal.

I interpreted it as him implying that LSD would make you a mindless bump on a log kinda thing, when ime it is far from that. I probably just took offense at the language chosen in regards to the beloved compound.

Last edited: