Unwarranted Infraction - Price "Talk" In TL

JahSEEuS

Ex-Bluelighter
I was infracted and banned the other day for replying to another poster who mentioned the dark market place for purchasing drugs in the lounge. I jokingly said you can supposedly get things pretty cheap there. I was infracted for this even though it says no where in the Lounge Forum guideline about "pricing" and the BLUA is just a blank page currently. I had an exchange with BP (the mod who enforced the infraction) that BP agreed to allow me to post here.

I am just hoping for an explanation of why an infraction was the correct course of action as opposed to a warning or less (especially because there are no actual rules against what I did as far as I can tell ANYWHERE in pertinence to the lounge).

I will include the exchange between BP and myself below

Blue_Phlame said:
JahSEEuS said:
Blue_Phlame said:
JahSEEuS said:
Blue_Phlame said:
Dear JahSEEuS,

You have received an infraction at Bluelight.

Reason: Violation of forum guidelines
-------
No price discussion. Especially not in TL
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
https://www.bluelight.org/xf_live/index.php?posts/13762749/
This kratom sunday I'm gonna get my lazy ass on the dark market drug ordering scene. I've decided since every fucker in this place has a breakdown on rc benzos I'm going to avoid those.

Supposedly you can get some pretty high grade mdma for quite cheap on that there black market

All the best,
Bluelight

yo dawg, can you point me in the direction of where it says no price talk? When I Click on BLUA there is no info, and there is no statement in the guidelines for new members. It would be appreciated.

People breaking rules left and right, and people wanting bans so often, you just so happened to fall under the ban hammer. You're a cool dude and appreciate what you contribute in TL, so it's nothing against you, some other people in TL seem to have less regard for following the rules, and we've been more lenient than any other forum on Bluelight. Some rules need to be maintained, if you wish to contest it, there's always the Support forums.

I see that the BLUA wiki has no content for some reason, but here's a link in the MDMA & Empathogenic Drug forum guidelines that says:
  • 9 – No price threads
No price discussion will be allowed anywhere on the forum.

You can also see it under 2) in http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/558663-Other-Drugs-Forum-Guidelines

It's cool. No hard feelings. Just don't think it should be infractable if it isn't stated anywhere in TL Forum Guidelines and the BLUA is non-existant atm. It's not like I was in the forums that these guidelines are used for.

Would you mind if I copy and paste this exchange into Support or PM SKL so I don't have to retype all of this?
Sure, no worries. The senior mods (SKL) may reverse it to a warning.

While the cited reason for the infraction is a violation of forum guidelines. There is nowhere as far as I can tell where the Lounge forum rules state anything about price talk. Also, is saying something is cheap really price talk? I would also like to know which wanker reported this.

I do see that he cited other forum guidelines, but I don't use those forums and don't see why their guidelines would apply to a forum that is now unseen to any unregistered members / greenlighters.

I respectfully request to have this infraction removed. If you can also take back the hours of usefulness I was to society from not being on BL I would appreciate that as well :). Cheers M8's

I would also like to know which wanker reported this.

I read the Lounge posts. I read most of the posts that go on every day even though I might not respond to each one. I'm the wanker that done ya in, no one else reported it.
Here's the original post:
nCrkWqu.png

The source of the violation is in your edit, but nevertheless is still within your post.

As I said in the exchange via PM, i'd be fine with this being dialed down to a warning with a senior-mod/admin's discretion, as JahSEEus has a relatively infraction-free 5 year 2,403 post history.

But as it stands now, BLUA says there is no price discussion allowed anywhere on this site.

Yes, its not just the Lounge but all of Bluelight that forbids price discussion. The BLUA does appear absent ATM, but its expected that all users know it before they start posting. :\

My tendency always has been and shall remain towards referring to my Lounge staff as regards day-to-day matters, including infractions, giving or reversing, but here I think that the infraction was a little heavy handed, for two reasons, but really one. It's not price discussion in terms of numbers but that doesn't really mean it's not against the rules, all things have to be taken in context, and I think the context is the important thing here. There is a lot of "darknet-market" talk going on here, which I'd prefer not to see, and perhaps itself ought to be addressed, but I don't find this particular instance to be all that worse than some of what is preceding and following.

To be clear I'm in no way accusing BP or anyone else or bias or targeting JsU as a particular individual, I just think that we should be more clear regarding policy as regards drug (and consequently, drug market) discussion. The Lounge used to ban any drug discussion, now it's drug topics, a discussion with a difference for sure. Kratom Sunday may be the odd man out but it's been around awhile and is a bit more of a tttys/OT thread than a drug thread. That said, this whole exchange about Kratom, it's legality, the darknet, etc. belongs in N&SADD, perhaps OD or DC, not TL.

Having said that though I think given the context infraction is a bit heavy handed, again I'd emphasize that I'm saying so without detriment to any Lounge mods, who are trying to do their best in making changes in the Forum toward more rule enforcement. Perhaps discussion and consensus ought to be had more generally among staff about how far we can go in TL talking drugs is warranted, and perhaps after that, this post would warrant infraction but as now I think not.

Infraction ↓ to Warning

Oh, yea I forgot about that edit.... Didn't mean to call you a wanker ;p I figured it was papa or mel.

Thanks. I think the mods in TL do a top notch job, tbh. I know BP was just following the rules as he knows them / understands them and don't think he was unjustly picking on me. Appreciate the Support. G'Day.