• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc unwanted strong psychedelic experience, possible minor SS? DMT-aware peeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasseru

Greenlighter
background.

ive smoked a lot of different types of skunk from 15 or so, up to twenty something, well made bubble/scuff/oil etc, stopped as makes me paranoid.
other drug experience except for the main hard ones & the recent crap legal ones.

ive been using 5htp and st johns wort for 6 months for various issues, and have been too much drinking a problem and smoking, on a ketogenic diet to try and lose 2 stone and change my diet. when on keto i dont get acid indegestion which really has done me up over my life.

right on to the story.

Was at a pub in Victoria and sitting outside having a few beers and smoking. picked up the wrong rollie in the ashtray and one medium toke, could taste some kind of herb. blew out straight away. a couple of seconds later - BAM - i was fucked. all i thought was 'oh no'. suddenly everyone knows who I am etc, blah blah blah, classic para me. I know a bit of how I handle my own reactions in this situation so I got out of there asap. Victoria is super busy so it was hectic, but i was pretty methodical and managed to back track to the station even though id never been there before.

story was TL;DR - basically i just had acute hallucination of the train destinations. center of my vision, clear as day, nothing else trippy. googled the names, and not listed anywhere. Just the writing of the destinations, in english. clear as day.

Now, barring obvious 'you were hallucinating' answers, I have a couple of other questions

1: what could the substance have been? It was herby, didnt have much of a distinct nutty DMT smell, but i really couldnt tell. it happened so fast. too fast, was scary. DMT wave fast comeup.

2: was it a combo of my brain being pumped up with serotonin from the 5HTP+SJW that caused some kind of major hallucination, and how was it so acute? it wasn't like anything else was weird, my experience with visuals is that everything gets messed up, not just one distinct thing.

3: if it was just skunk, that raises a few other questions of why i cant smoke, something to do with the serotonin in my brain causing over-reaction?

4: where the blazes is Anistead?

That was monday, only just feeling happier again. Tuesday i had a 'post-trip change', went vegan, was elated, started writing lyrics and listening to hiphop, wednesday the hiphop went sour, and i got paranoid, went from bad to worse. kept taking the 5HTP & SJW to try to lift my mood back up.

has raised a few more questions.

5: am I going through some sort of serotonin syndrome-like crash? i know not technically SS as i didnt have all the other symptoms (SS sounds horrible btw) but something related? because of how acute this trip was, and the after effects, what with me being on the 5HTP & SJW for so long?

6: can you, in theory, naturally raise serotonin levels gradually and induce this kind of hallucination? very weird if so

7: I am very wary now, but i should be double wary of anything while taking serotonin boosters? Like, for instance DMT, is there any contraindication reported?

any ideas?

edit* just realised this should maybe be in the psychedelic forum.. if so could someone move it?

Dude you didn't have "minor" serotonin syndrome. You smoked some weed and had a panic attack.

Dude you didn't have "minor" serotonin syndrome. You smoked some weed and had a panic attack.

one toke of weed causes actually hallucinations clearer than ive experienced on anything other than DMT? you sure mate?

if so, hence the questions, i was wondering if my extra serotonin would cause some over-reaction. or is the weed getting this strong nowadays?

unless you know that is exactly what happened, in which case you were there, and knew what was in that spliff and then can you explain who the hell you are to know me and my movements kindly jog on

serious answers please

Yeah, most likely what he said^^, but who knows coulda been laced. Youre never gonna know for sure though, so why even worry about it?

fed up with people telling me whats what in my life basing their answers on their own reality

Yeah, most likely what he said^^, but who knows coulda been laced.

yeah, most likely. anything to add with strong skunk and extra serotonin etc? actual hallucinations from THC? not like i didnt say that it could be skunk '3: if it was just skunk, that raises a few other questions of why i cant smoke, something to do with the serotonin in my brain causing over-reaction?'

im not some newbie who doesnt know what im on about, but havent smoked for a while due to it making me paranoid. never made me hallucinate

fed up with people telling me whats what in my life basing their answers on their own reality
Lol, yeah you do sound kinda paranoid. Chill mate, nobodies tellin you whats in your head, just trying to guess what happened which is all anykne can do at this point, unless you wanna go back and try to find the joint to hav it gc ms tested lol.

so why even worry about it?

because it raises other questions and pathways i can take to make my life happier with regards to understanding the way serotonin affects my perception of reality,

also partially interested in the nature of acute hallucination, never experienced that before.

yeah, most likely. anything to add with strong skunk and extra serotonin etc? actual hallucinations from THC? not like i didnt say that it could be skunk '3: if it was just skunk, that raises a few other questions of why i cant smoke, something to do with the serotonin in my brain causing over-reaction?'

im not some newbie who doesnt know what im on about, but havent smoked for a while due to it making me paranoid. never made me hallucinate
Umm...as far as I know, weed doesnt have a whole lot of serotonin activity. But as you probably kno, it can easily cause panics especially with low tolerance. With hallucinations that intense though it could very well have contained a psychadelic.

yep. gives me panic attacks all the time unless im in a pot-luck situation. wasnt the same thing at all.

i was hoping someone like first bad comedown would be able to chime in, as he seems to know a lot about how serotonin works in a biological matter. his inbox is full though

It seems doubtful it would be SS.

Salvia? PCP? some other lace?

If you claim to have other panic attacks from weed in the past that would be my guess, dunno about the clear hallucinations. Maybe you're developing schizoid tendencies?

It seems doubtful it would be SS.

Salvia? PCP? some other lace?

If you claim to have other panic attacks from weed in the past that would be my guess, dunno about the clear hallucinations. Maybe you're developing schizoid tendencies?

odd isnt it. not sure about salvia, didnt think of that. PCP surely id be charged, increased heart rate etc? no body charge or anything. weirded me right out

Some kind of k2 probably.

The last time I smoked k2 I fucking couldn't unlock the door to my apartment building via the code or the key lol. I was walking and it was like when I took multiple hits of strong acid. The grass was liquid looking, i was pretty much stumbling. I took 2 hits off s blunt and instantly knew it was gonna be heavy.

Theres no pharmacological explanation for it to be serotonin syndrome even if it was laced or synthetic noids.

Way too many people have anxiety attacks, go overboard, take drugs that they don't know the identity of, etc,etc and think its serotonin syndrome. It doesn't work like that, and after a while people get tired of others freaking out and thinking they have ss over something that pharmacologically doesn't have that effect.

I mean really you smoked something you have no idea what it was and then think you know what medical condition it effected you with without ever going to a doctor and coming to BL and asking people instead?

That's why people have little patience for these type of threads.…....

Nobody can say for sure what you smoked because people have yet to invent a gas chromatograph that works across the internet.

It's possible it was just potent weed. It could have been synthetic cannabinoids too. It could have been catnip for all you know.

We don't allow speculation on substance ID, so this is gonna get closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.