• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Unusually long MDMA comedown (5 days and counting)

cookingcats

Greenlighter
Background info: Am 25, have taken all sorts of drugs but have really cut down since I turned 21. (i.e. only take drugs two or three times a year, usually MDMA or coke. Don't smoke weed).

I just spent four months in Germany and returned home two weeks ago. I haven't taken any drugs for 6 months; the last thing I took was MDMA back in April or March.

On Friday night I went to a club night. I bought a half of MDMA off my mate and made up four bombs; I only ended up doing 3. Went to sleep around 6am.

The next day felt like a normal comedown. However, the day after that (Sunday) I felt pretty damn bad. I threw up four or five times and felt massively sick the whole day. I couldn't focus on anything or exert myself mentally else I would feel the urge to throw up. I had pins and needles and my body was achy, clicky and slightly numb; and I had a massive headache the whole day.

Most of these symptoms have gone; however, every day since then I've felt mentally drained and fatigued in general. I also have a small, residual headache that just won't go away, which also gets worse if I try and focus on something mentally. In short I am not functioning well, which is a massive pain given that I have just started a new job. I really need to get back to 100% (as I was before the weekend), and to be honest I am starting to get a bit paranoid that these symptoms are going to be permanent, or at least long-term. This is especially so because I am pretty experienced with drugs and have never had any adverse effects go beyond 2 days after you took the drug itself...

Just Googling these symptoms reveals horror stories about long-term damage etc.... can anyone whose experienced something similar shed some light on this?

Hey Bud,

I have experienced something similar to this, feeling a comedown that throws you off balance, where you really can't function. In my case I had to drop a college class because I couldn't behave normally, let alone give a 10 minute presentation on the environment ;p that was because of my candy flip comedown. Another time I tried rolling 3 days in a row and felt something similar for about a month where I couldn't operate clearly as I would have liked to. What it sounds to me is that you took quite a heavy dose this time around.

What I did both times to bring me back to normality was take an assortment of herbal/vitamin supplements. I recommend you do some google research on "post-load" supplements that help with MDMA comedown. Vitamin B,C,D and calcium are givens, also 5-HTP, get yourself some 5-HTP that stuff has worked wonders for me. If you can't afford the vitamins/supplements, please get yourself some 5-HTP today, take one when you eat in the morning and one before you sleep at night, if you really wanted to, you can take one at noon. They should have them in your local drug store. Don't exceed the recommended doses.

Should you decide to roll again, I recommend taking 5-HTP daily for as long as you can before the roll, something like 2+ months would work wonders. From my experience, you can get just as high even higher with a smaller dose, as oppose to taking 3 bombs throughout the night, you would only need one. Also, get yourself a marquis agent test kit next time you buy rolls so you at least know if you're taking mdxx.

Not sure how my pre-load technique would work on other people but it has worked for me and logically so.

The post-load supplements for the comedown has worked for many other people besides me.

Go right now to your local drug store and get yourself some 5-HTP. Again, don't exceed the recommended doses on the label. And again, do your research on what vitamins you'll be needing, vitamin b,c,d, and calcium are givens.

You should be good and operating 100% in a week or so, up to a month even. I've done quite a bit of reading on this topic. The way I see it, the damage is done but you can repair some of the damage, if not most of it with the supplements mentioned. Let us know how things go, I have no doubt in my mind that you will feel normal again.

Hey Bud,

You should be good and operating 100% in a week or so, up to a month even. I've done quite a bit of reading on this topic. The way I see it, the damage is done but you can repair some of the damage, if not most of it with the supplements mentioned. Let us know how things go, I have no doubt in my mind that you will feel normal again.

Mate thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

I have heard all about 5-HTP over the years, but never felt the need to pick some up... I will now. I've been taking the usual vitamin cocktail (Vitamin C, B-complex etc etc.) I hope it'll help - I'm not feeling down/anxious whatsoever - but rather just suffering from this f'ing brain fog.......

I'll let you know how I feel in a week's time. As to rolling again, I don't think so. It's been a fun few years, but even when I was buzzing this weekend, it's not the same anymore - and if I am going to fuck up my head like this, then it's def not worth it. I just left uni and need to start my career - frying my brain isn't conducive to success in later life :D

Thanks again mate. One last question: when you had a similar (extended) comedown and felt similar to how I do now, did you recover 100%?

My pleasure, I'm more than happy to share what has worked for me in the past :)

One last question: when you had a similar (extended) comedown and felt similar to how I do now, did you recover 100%?

Yea I recovered 100% from both of my horrible comedown experiences, the 3-day rolling spree comedown was the by far the worst I've ever experienced, I consumed about 10 pills that weekend(friday-sunday). Took about a month to feel normality but didn't feel 100% until about 6 months later.

I read somewhere that your cognitive functions return to normal after about 2-6 months. Seems like a logical time frame to go by.

Taking that you want to get better sooner rather than later.

Consider:

-Everything I recommended before.

-Light-moderate exercise everyday.

-Begin to include raw juices in your daily diet to aid in your recovery. Via juicer/blender with veggies and fruits. Even milkshakes, with a good powdered supplement, fruit, honey and oatmeal.

The key with all these remedies is to aid the recovery of your brain/body's chemical imbalances in a semi-natural way as quickly as possible.

You will feel normal again, everyone is different so you might have to wait more or less depending.
I'll be checking up on this thread every now and then. Any questions feel free to ask.