• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Unusually High Opiate Tolerance

That's kinda weird OP. I was a longtime heroin addict with a massive tolerance (I shot dope for 21 years, and had a dealer's habit for a good portion of that since, well, I dealt a lot of heroin to be a white dude). I totally feel what JessFR says about my normal shots (or even shots that were "meh" to me, would likely kill several people that had a normal tolerance, especially since my favorite thing to do was take 20mg single doses of Xanax while shooting heroin and drinking liquor all day and most of the night. I did this daily for years and was fine. I could still conduct business, keep my money straight, keep my dope man's cash straight, etc....). My tolerance seems to be stuck near the level of my heroin days because I can take 150mg + of roxy (legit prescribed to me for chronic pain) and 10-20mg of Xanax (legit prescribed to me for panic disorder) washed down with liquor and Lokos, all in a single dose (though my RXd doses aren't 150mg of roxy and 20mg of Xanax per day, but I like to feel my stuff too sometimes just like everyone) and that's a decent buzz for me. I'm still perfectly functional and most people would have no clue I was on anything. Give those doses of those medications to someone who isn't used to dosages that high, and they would be a drooling, incoherent zombie or an OD statistic.

Your opioid use (which seems hardly any. You take it very seldom and, even then, in small doses) should give you way more than what you're feeling. Were you ever a heavy user of powerful opioids for a long time? If so, you may be like me, in that your tolerance levels seem to be "set" at the high tolerance level(even tho I haven't done heroin for years) Also, keep in mind that everyone's body chemistry is different, your own body chemistry can be different at different times, and everyone has different reactions to medications ( For example, I have never been impressed with Opana/oxymorphone, and I've had brand name, various generics, pretty much every strength they make of IR and ER formulations, etc.... I prefer my roxys and find them more effective and superior. Even though Opana is supposed to be stronger, roxys are better and stronger for me at equivalent doses). Even the same medications at the same dosages can vary between brands. I prefer Mallincrodt brand for my generic roxys, some people call them "mallincrap" and prefer another brand. Both pharmacies I use generally stock KVK Tech roxys as their generics. I find those are fine and pretty much on par with Mallincrodt, others find them to be inferior products. Whatever the cause, the effects of your sparse opioid use is weird. If you've never been a junkie, 60mg of roxy should get you high as gas if you take it 5 or 6 times a year. I can say that I was never impressed with Rhodes brand roxys. Are those what you normally get?

I've never been a heavy user but i've shot up heroin a couple times and used Oxycodone for more than 4 months straight due to injury and recreation. in other words i've had my fair opiate play through the years but never "heavy". Maybe im expecting to much or they're tampered with. probably the former but i'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Doesn't surprise me. Even when I didn't have an opiate tolerance 60mg of oxy was only a short buzz. Not worth the money to me.

Doesn't surprise me. Even when I didn't have an opiate tolerance 60mg of oxy was only a short buzz. Not worth the money to me.

Tolerance has a STAGGERINGLY ENORMOUS distance that it can go. To someone who truly has no tolerance 60mg is still quite a lot. My mom has surgery a couple years back, she had no tolerance whatsoever and was flattened by a lot less than 60mg oxy ER.

But at the same time, your tolerance could still be enormously stronger now than it was then.

I never ceased to be amazed how tolerance works. I just wanted to say if you only felt a slight buzz from 60mg you did have a tolerance even if relative to a lot of people and relative to you today it might have been nothing at the time.