Unusual gynecomastia treatment

flyhighk

Bluelighter
After developing a mild case of steroid-induced gynecomastia with fluid discharge, I tried treating it with tamoxifen, mesterolone (proviron) and letrozole. The letrozole was started about 8-9 months after the first signs of gyno (7 months after last test enanthate injection). It didn't reduce it significantly.

It's been 16 months since my last injection, and before considering surgery, I will try one last thing.

I found a limited number of reports of people successfully reducing gyno by injecting methylprednisolone acetate (depo medrol) directly in the gynecomastia tissue.

In a few days or weeks, I'll start injecting 2ml of depo medrol (80mg of MPA) in my left gyno gland per week, if the side effects are tolerable. (Will use my right breast for comparison)

Apparently, fibrosis starts replacing the original gland after a few months, which is why hormonal treatment is often ineffective unless started early (fibrous tissue doesn't depend on a high estrogen/androgen ratio to persist). MPA is sometimes used to reduce scar tissue after surgeries or acne. So in theory, it should reduce the size of 'mature' gyno.

All tips, anecdotes, and questions are welcome. (The above information is purely hypothetical)

Unusual indeed. My only thoughts on this really is that isn't the MPA cleaved in the liver, thus making the location of the depot completely meaningless?

Anyway I'll be interested to hear what happens, please keep us updated. Hopefully the systemic effects won't be too bad.

How long do you plan to run it for, or are you just playing it by ear?

I've tried all kinds of unusual methods to reduce the little bit of fibrous tissue that I have, from different topical applications using skin penetrators to injecting mesterolone, none of which did anything really (aside from temporarily bleaching my areola lol).

Just finished my first injection. I injected a total of 80mg under my left nipple. Injecting in the gynecomastia tissue itself is extremely difficult. I literally pressed as hard as I could on the plunger and the solution still wouldn't go in. It's like injecting into a piece of thick rubber. So I had to inject from another angle.

Something funny happened though, some solution shot from my nipple while injecting ! (I probably injected in a duct)

I'll report back tomorrow once the swelling has subsided. I'll probably repeat this next week.

People of middle eastern descent are more likely to be poor responders to CYP2D6, a vital metabolic enzyme responsible for the breakdown of tamoxifen into active metabolites...

Mechanism of the Tamoxifen Metabolism

There are two main pathways that metabolize tamoxifen into its active metabolites that inhibit the estrogen receptor in breast tissue. Tamoxifen is known as a prodrug, meaning that its metabolites have a 30-100 fold greater binding affinity to the ER than tamoxifen alone, so these pathways and the enzymes involved are vital to the drugs function. The two main enzymes that are involved in these pathways are CYP2D6 and CYP3A4, with the main focus being on CYP2D6. The first two metabolites formed by CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 are 4-hydroxy-tamoxifen and N-desmethyl-tamoxifen, respectively. These metabolites can directly act upon the ER in breast tissue themselves. They can also be metabolized further to create 4-hydroxy-N-desmethyl-tamoxifen, or endoxifen. Endoxifen also directly inhibits the ER in breast tissue.

This may account for nolvadex not having much success at reducing your gyno.... maybe next time try raloxifene...

People of middle eastern descent are more likely to be poor responders to CYP2D6, a vital metabolic enzyme responsible for the breakdown of tamoxifen into active metabolites...

Very interesting. Thanks GF

UPDATE : It's now 12 hours after the injection. I'm in constant but very mild pain. The swelling has gone down. I can feel a spherical tissue just under my nipple, it wasn't spherical and was harder to isolate from the surrounding tissue before the injection. Weird...

Last edited:
UPDATE (~65 hours after injection) : the areola is still slightly larger than what it was pre-injection, and it's surrounded by bruising. Overall, it looks worse than it was but that's to be expected when doing so much damage.

Any updates flyhighk? Interested to hear any good/bad effects...

4 days after the first injection I got sick (moderately severe cough), and that's most likely due to the immunosuppressive action of the drug. It lasted 6-7 days.

~13 days after my first injection, the improvement was obvious. The puffyness disappeared but the tissue maintained most of its size. So I did another injection of 0.75ml (30mg of MPA). That was my last injection. (Both were done on the left side)

The puffyness hasn't come back, and the gyno has been diminishing in size.

I will get surgery done in a month or two if we manage to convince our insurance company to cover it. I had an ultrasound done today, it revealed a 16x5mm gland on the left side, but no significant amount on the right side.

4 days after the first injection I got sick (moderately severe cough), and that's most likely due to the immunosuppressive action of the drug. It lasted 6-7 days.

~13 days after my first injection, the improvement was obvious. The puffyness disappeared but the tissue maintained most of its size. So I did another injection of 0.75ml (30mg of MPA). That was my last injection. (Both were done on the left side)

I will get surgery done in a month or two if we manage to convince our insurance company to cover it. I had an ultrasound done today, it revealed a 16x5mm gland on the left side, but no significant amount on the right side.

How noticeable is it, are we talking puffy nips?

So overall, do you think it had any direct impact on the glandular tissue at all, or just reduced the puffyness/lipid tissue?

^CFC It slightly reduced the size of the glandular tissue. By puffyness I mean puffyness of the nipple/areolar complex (stretched and puffy vs dry and small), and not the fatty tissue surrounding the gland.

How noticeable is it, are we talking puffy nips?

I'll upload pics tomorrow