• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Unusual Drug Test Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsmitty2121

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I have a question about drug testing that I believe has not been asked nor answered, or if it has I was not able to find it by searching.

As part of this MAT program I’m doing, I have to occasionally take a drug test. It’s not a huge deal if I fail, because relapse is obviously part of recovery, but I really would like to pass this one. The problem is that I did slip up and took a couple pills a few days ago.

So, I had my friend pee in a cup and used that for the test. Which is mostly fine. However, the test should definitely show positive for suboxone because I am on it, but obviously it won’t. So the way I see it, I have 2 main options:
1) use his test and somehow white-out the second red line on the suboxone part.
2) use a test I take and add a faint red line on the opioid part.

My question is, if I had him take a test and put a tiny bit of suboxone in his pee and mixed it up, would that show up on the test? And, if not, does anyone have any thoughts/experience on whether it’s easier to add a red line or white-out a red line?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey man dont ne suprised if thread gets locked we dont do drug test questions here. Sorry.
Beat wishes, though.

Oh shoot my bad. I thought it was only questions that had been asked a million times before, or “will I pass if i blah blah and it’s been 7 days” type stuff. Well, hopefully someone might see it and have some advice before it gets locked.

I do feel like it’s an interesting question though, the “if you put a drug (sub in my case) in a urine sample and thoroughly dissolve it, will a test show positive for that drug?”

But alas, if the rules are hard and fast I’ll have to find another way, or waste a test and use someone else’s pee and add a tiny piece of a suboxone strip. I’m very curious to see if it would work. I could be totally wrong and dumb and the test detects chemicals that are only present after the drug has been broken down in the body (honestly I think this is probably more likely).

Thanks!
Hey man dont ne suprised if thread gets locked we dont do drug test questions here. Sorry.
Beat wishes, though.

Hey @Dsmitty2121

As my respected colleague has implied, we don't allow drug testing questions. This is for a few reasons. Mainly, drug testing rarely coincides with Harm Reduction in a real way. Drug testing is more of a secondary consequence of making bad decisions in life, with drugs being the particular bad decision. It just doesn't really qualify as Harm Reduction.

I'm going to throw you a bone. Buprenorphine is a drug that follows a fairly complex metabolic process in the body. The drug test itself thus is not testing for Buprenorphine, but for the specific metabolites only present after the parent drug has been through the chemical processes of the body i.e. there will be drugs other than Buprenorphine in a true, positive test. The same is true for Methadone, but there are some drugs of relative simplicity that might actually work placed surreptitiously in a drug test, but that's not the case here.

You will probably have to bite the bullet barring some kind of truly awesome, Ocean's 11 style switching of the tests at your doctor's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.