• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Untested MDMA/Ecstacy - Five days AFTER Taking the pill & I'm anxious and insomniac

newkid_trying

Greenlighter
Untested MDMA/Ecstacy - Five days AFTER Taking the pill & I'm anxious and insomniac

On Friday night I took a pill at a club in Berlin. After a night of dancing followed by sleeping essentially all day Saturday and Saturday night, I went back to Italy where I'm currently living that Sunday. After 3 more nights of sleeping perfectly normally, I started having what I can only describe as the same sensations I had while on the drug. A sort of heat and tingling in my body and just getting really generally hot whenever I try to go to sleep. A combination of what feels like insomnia and panic attacks has sort of started to plague me the past few nights.

These things only seem to happen when I'm trying to pass out. It's like there is some barrier that preventing me from actually passing out.

This is perhaps the fifth time in 3-4 years that I have ever taken Ecstacy/MDMA, so I'm very concerned and don't understand why, if there was something wrong, these symptoms would not have manifested themselves sooner. Why are these latent things manifesting themselves almost 5 days after I have taken?

Is this just some hormonal imbalance that still needs to correct itself?

Did I do damage to my brain and the side-effects are only now showing themselves?

It seems moderately better, but I still am very paranoid and almost have this fear of going to sleep because I'm afraid of the sensations that will manifest.

I've been eating as well as possible, resting when I can, and even still excersizing, but I don't feel like I'm getting the rest/sleep that I want/need.

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this? I was thinking of taking Melatonin or something to try and help, but is there anything else I should be doing?? Or should I be going to seek medical attention?

i encourage you to read this post http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/735937-MDMA-Recovery-(Stories-amp-Support-2)/

Anyway if you are truly desperate for help DON'T DOUBT a second to Pm me.

MDMA is kinda a russian roulette that can give you neurological problems if you are prone to it or you genetics cant deal with it as good as the most of the people.
If it doesn't go in some days/weeks, the most of the cases solve it in few months. i went long through this...

best of luck with the recovery.

Your brain is correcting the chemical inbalance in your nervous system, that takes time. Your symptoms will be gone in time. I'd say wait a good 2-3 days and see if they fade. If so, just hang on and you'll be fine.

Some people are prone to harsh comedowns from mdma, others - like myself - not. Well, your symptoms are different but not unheard of. Don't worry ;)

How about you try sleeping during the day, right after work or something? Also, look for some herbal tea as a sleep aid like camomile or something, I never used 'em but they said to help.

You'll probably be fine soon - a bit of comedown and readjustment is normal. The other thing is MD can sometimes trigger underlying anxieties or the like to the surface - it's a therapuetic substance. >>Main thing is not to make yourself anxious with thoughts you have done some lasting damage, it's pretty unlikely

I'd actually not advise daytime sleeping and keep to regular cycles/patterns of sleep > this is a mistake many insomniacs make

I was thinking the change of the sleep "setting" may help him drift asleep :)

That's weird. Good news though you will be OK just give it time. Seritonin helps regulate the sleep cycle so it is understandable that sometimes after a roll you will have trouble sleeping. I find it really helps to take a melatonin maybe drink some sleepy time tea and try to relax. Don't get worked up if you can't sleep if you worry to much it will just make you an anxious mess. Maybe read a thread on bl then try again just Don't stress you'll be all good.

Are you prone to anxiety or panic attacks in general?If so a drug like ecstasy can exacerbate an underlying mental condition.Really any stimulant or psychedelic/empathogen can do this.I think you'll be fine.As others have pointed out and you yourself suspected,a drug that screws with the brain chemistry can do weird stuff but your brain will re-adjust and work this out.I used to do a lot of acid in my teens and have had some pretty heavy,freaky trips on large doses.Even though I haven't touched hallucinogens in decades if I sit and think about some of those really heavy trips I'll start to feel kinda nervous and jittery.If you drink, a couple of cocktails in the evenings can help with nerves and sleep.A couple of benzos would do wonders for the panic attacks,just don't go overboard on them.I'd watch mixing them with alcohol because people often black out on that combo and do stupid things.If you take them I wouldn't go anywhere that evening.Make sure you got everything you need and just chill at home.IME,Xanax works the best.Valium isn't bad either.