View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[untested] First time trying acid..

Brody5150

Bluelighter
I've spent years trying to find Lucy and I finally found her!! It's a pill (was hoping for a tab cause I think they look cool lol). I was told this one is strong, I'm hoping I wasn't lied to..

I've had mushrooms before and they're my favorite drug in the world. I have always assumed that the acid and shroom trip were similar but the very few people that I know that have tried both, tell me it's different but they don't know how to explain it..

Could any of you explain the trip so I know what to expect?

Do you actually hallucinate? Cause with shrooms, you will see patterns, like on a rug or wallpaper for example, moving a bit like they're swaying back and forth.. But you won't actually see unicorns and stuff like that appear.

I've spent years trying to find Lucy and I finally found her!! It's a pill (was hoping for a tab cause I think they look cool lol). I was told this one is strong, I'm hoping I wasn't lied to..

I've had mushrooms before and they're my favorite drug in the world. I have always assumed that the acid and shroom trip were similar but the very few people that I know that have tried both, tell me it's different but they don't know how to explain it..

Could any of you explain the trip so I know what to expect?

Do you actually hallucinate? Cause with shrooms, you will see patterns, like on a rug or wallpaper for example, moving a bit like they're swaying back and forth.. But you won't actually see unicorns and stuff like that appear.

you won't actually see stuff like that. it's similar to mushrooms, but more stimulating, with an "electric" kind of body feeling, a definite positive push, it's more stable (you won't go between joy and sadness in a matter of seconds that much) and of course it lasts twice as long.
if it's a pill the size of a pill, that would be unusual. usually lsd in "pills" is sold as micros the size of a pinhead.

you won't actually see stuff like that. it's similar to mushrooms, but more stimulating, with an "electric" kind of body feeling, a definite positive push, it's more stable (you won't go between joy and sadness in a matter of seconds that much) and of course it lasts twice as long.
if it's a pill the size of a pill, that would be unusual. usually lsd in "pills" is sold as micros the size of a pinhead.

Thank you for the reply :)

Oh man now I'm a bit worried.. This pill is pretty big.. Idk if you've ever seen a metformin 850mg pill but i take those and it's about that size.. Pretty big compared to a pinhead.. I'm wondering if I should even take it now.. :/

Someone once told me the body high feels similar to meth, not sure what "electric" feels like but I hope it's not painful lol but you say it's a definite positive push so I'll take your word for it :)

I don't go from happy to sad at all when I'm shrooming but everyone's body reacts different, I suppose. That's interesting though, I've never heard of that one before. I just feel clean and pure inside and i feel like there's a subtle constant vibration running through my body. I love feeling my hair for some odd reason lol it feels softer than usual. I avoid looking at my skin cause for some reason I always see it really dark orange but everyone says I look normal lol every breath feels like I'm being cleansed Inside though, it's amazing.. I feel nothing but pure happiness the entire time.

Wow it lasts twice as long?? I've never heard of the trip lasting more than 10 hours though this guy swears it can be anywhere from 6-12. I don't really believe the 12 but i don't much about it.. Every time i take shrooms it lasts no less than 8 hours, it starts to wear off around the 6th or 7th hour. I hope my trip isn't double that lol if not i gotta book the motel room for 2 nights instead of 1 lol

Don't take that pill without reagent testing it homie. This sounds a little out of the ordinary. I've never come across LSD in pill form, and the only ones I've heard of are the microdots that Black mentioned. A massive pill is kindof a red flag.

You might wanna be aware of what chemicals are being passed off as LSD these days too. 25x-NBOMe and DOx chemicals are the two big ones. They both have effects similar to real acid, but they don't come close to the real thing. The fact that your source told you the trip will last from 6-12 hours is another red flag. NBOMe's last about 6 hours while DOx can peak for about 12... I've had acid trips last to the 12 hour mark, but it's always a STRETCH at that point, and typically only happens when I take a large dose. It's typically a peak for a good 6 hours followed by a slow wind-down.

As far as the feeling LSD gives you, it'll be very similar to mushrooms, but has its own unique flavor that can only really be understood if you've tried both.

I just feel clean and pure inside and i feel like there's a subtle constant vibration running through my body. I love feeling my hair for some odd reason lol it feels softer than usual. I avoid looking at my skin cause for some reason I always see it really dark orange but everyone says I look normal lol every breath feels like I'm being cleansed Inside though, it's amazing.. I feel nothing but pure happiness the entire time.
You will get this feeling from LSD too. You may experience spiritual awakenings, cosmic revelations, altered perceptions of the world around you. It, like mushrooms, is a very powerful psychedelic. As far as the body high I get from LSD goes, I would never compare it to meth haha. I would compare DOB to meth, and even NBOMe's to an extent, but LSD feels wayyy too natural to me. There's really no chemical feel to it IMO. In fact, stimulating isn't the best word to describe it I would say. More like a child-like energy that erupts forth from your soul.

Get a test kit before taking that pill though... It would certainly suck to get all psyched up for your first LSD trip, only to find out you got a DOx chemical instead. And those can certainly last well over 20 hours... Stay safe, man. Happy tripping.

BTW, this will probs get more replies in PD.

Get a test kit before taking that pill though... It would certainly suck to get all psyched up for your first LSD trip, only to find out you got a DOx chemical instead. And those can certainly last well over 20 hours... Stay safe, man. Happy tripping.

First off, thank you sooooo much for all the information! Wow, I would have been freaking out thinking I've become a permatrip if I peaked for 20 hours, or anything after the 12th hour really.. Damn, I'm so glad I asked this question lol thanks again!

Do u happen to know where could I buy a test kit?

My best friend has done acid only 3 times but he said he's never heard of the pills either. Whenever he did it, it was always in tabs. But I do remember hearing years ago that they came as pills too, I just never heard of the size until now..

Would you happen to know if one could have very bad complications/side effects from taking DOx? Since I'm pretty sure that's what it is based on your info, would it be really bad to take let's say, half a pill..? Just curious cause you said the trip is somewhat similar, though I do understand the differences you're explaining. It'll be more speed-like than natural like shrooms. It's a bummer I didn't get the real thing but now that I know what it is, I'd still like to have a good time and make the best of it lol maybe I'll take a quarter first and the 2nd quarter a few hours later if I don't feel much.

Thanks again! I really appreciate everyone's comments..

I'm gonna Google more info on this DOx chemical..

yea man if its a big pill it could be a research chemical or just nothing... but if it is actully acid, Ill break down the difference between it and shrooms... With mushrooms you get a really good body buzz and feel like your super high on weed and get the giggles all that good shit, and with 3.5 g usaslly lasts about 5-10 hrs... everyones different and diff mushrooms have diff strengths... now for acid theres no good body buzz, that shit is all in your head and if you dont know how to handle your trip then just stick with the mushies... now last time I tripped I took 3 hits and was up trippin for the next 30 hours... if your are gona do it just make sure around good friends and in a relaxed place and youll be good... could be the best or worst time of your life.... its all up to you.

Royce nailed it, test that bad boy. In my experience, mush can go from the best time of your life, to a rough experience quite quickly.. LSD was always smooth sailing, sherry. Though everyone has different reactions to drugs, my preference just happens to be L, although I love mescal just as much, maybe more! Who knows what's going on in my brain, however.. I sure don't. Either way, have a blast, and don't fight the trip, let it guide you young padawan <3. Stare at a Persian rug if you can, I did when I was 10 hits deep and lost my keys / debit card, this broad was trying to lecture me about the importance of keeping your card close at my bank, all I could think about was how goddamn beautiful the rugs were, 3D mode popping out of the floor. I'm sure they knew something was up when I walked in with dinner plate pupils, sweating a gallon of water, likely not blinking while the rugs worked their magic on my eyes. /Rant.

that pill is probably fake mane
i mean no substance ID
but LSD doesn't come in pills aside from microdots.
and dots are fucking TINY
like real tiny
like teensy tiny
its probably not DOx either.

Im curious what this pill is..?? I havent done acid for close to 20 years, back then it was either micro dots, or the tiny paper squares (1/4 squares), white or with some kind of image or design on it.

I dont know if a pill could be 'dipped' in liquid acid tho, Id assume the chemical would not adhere to a pill, but IDK...you will know for sure after you take it, real acid should have kicked in by about 45 minutes to an hour.

Myself and my group of friends back in the day absolutely LOVED acid, we usually got white blotter, you dont really see strong images unless you do a very large amount of it, even then, its usually tracers, everything just looks and feels different (good vibes), as long as you are having a good trip, if you happen to start to have a bad trip, it can be pretty frightening.

My best/ worst trip was this time with my best friend at the time, we took like 10-15 hits (paper square hits of strong white blotter we got at a grateful dead campground)..my friend started having a bad trip, was pacing the floor, trying to pull his hair out, eventually he got do freaked out, he dialed 911, but then hung up, but the cops showed up anyway..so they strap him down and take him to the hospital, and the cops were fucking grilling me and this other guy, I was tripping BALLS...when the cop was talking to me, I kept seeing his words come out like little comic strip bubbles, float around his head LOL!! They were trying to find the rest of the acid, luckily, I had hid the other 300+ hits at my GFs house earlier, once the pigs determined we werent going to tell them anything, they basically let us go, couldnt really charge us with anything, as we didnt have anything on us...was a very scary night, I thought I was going to jail that night...Im not sure, but we were told back then (1993), being caught with alot of acid was pretty serious and lead to a long prison sentence, but Ive never known or heard of anyone being caught with large amounts of it.

Last edited:
Indeed, bad trips are quite frightening ... just few micro dots..

Ive had a great time exploring the memphis zoo with some friends on cid. Animal noises were funny as fuck!

Do u happen to know where could I buy a test kit?
you'll want ehrlich's reagent. just google 'ehrlich's reagent test kit' and you will find a few shops.

Wow it lasts twice as long?? I've never heard of the trip lasting more than 10 hours though this guy swears it can be anywhere from 6-12. I don't really believe the 12 but i don't much about it.. Every time i take shrooms it lasts no less than 8 hours, it starts to wear off around the 6th or 7th hour. I hope my trip isn't double that lol if not i gotta book the motel room for 2 nights instead of 1 lol

ime the peak of lsd lasts 5 hours and then you slowly return to normality and will be able to sleep around 10-12h after taking it.
fyi with shrooms i have a 3h peak and i'm mostly down by the 6th hour. it all depends on where you put the cutoff between tripping and sober. after taking acid your thinking will be pretty normal and you can sleep by 12 hours, but you might feel a little lighter and maybe even notice the odd shimmer of a pattern on the next day.

with acid being stimulating i rather ment that you'll have energy, feel more awake and will have more fun doing things than on mushrooms which i find relatively sedating in comparison. it's rather a difference in the way the drug feels rather than stimulation like with meth or amphetamine.
i think acid in a way feels even more "natural" than mushrooms. it feels more transparent, as if it flips a switch in your mind from 'normal' to 'cosmic' ;), while mushrooms feel as if you have taken a psychedelic drug. if that makes any kind of sense to you...

i don't have any experience with any of the DOx, but one of the main downsides (besides being sold a different, less-pleasurable-for-most-people drug with a little more side effects) is that they all last a really long time. you might want to check you erowid's pihkal mirror for a little overview.

the 25x-nbome's on the other hand are said to be pretty nasty. they are definitely less pleasant, have more side effects and people who took large doses (thinking it was lsd) have actually died from them.

as for your pill looking like a random pharmaceutical pill, it might well be. when he didn't know any better, a good friend of mine bought one tablet of bromazepam advertised as ecstasy by the dealer.

Don't take that pill without reagent testing it homie. This sounds a little out of the ordinary. I've never come across LSD in pill form, and the only ones I've heard of are the microdots that Black mentioned. A massive pill is kindof a red flag.

You might wanna be aware of what chemicals are being passed off as LSD these days too. 25x-NBOMe and DOx chemicals are the two big ones. They both have effects similar to real acid, but they don't come close to the real thing. The fact that your source told you the trip will last from 6-12 hours is another red flag. NBOMe's last about 6 hours while DOx can peak for about 12... I've had acid trips last to the 12 hour mark, but it's always a STRETCH at that point, and typically only happens when I take a large dose. It's typically a peak for a good 6 hours followed by a slow wind-down.

As far as the feeling LSD gives you, it'll be very similar to mushrooms, but has its own unique flavor that can only really be understood if you've tried both.

You will get this feeling from LSD too. You may experience spiritual awakenings, cosmic revelations, altered perceptions of the world around you. It, like mushrooms, is a very powerful psychedelic. As far as the body high I get from LSD goes, I would never compare it to meth haha. I would compare DOB to meth, and even NBOMe's to an extent, but LSD feels wayyy too natural to me. There's really no chemical feel to it IMO. In fact, stimulating isn't the best word to describe it I would say. More like a child-like energy that erupts forth from your soul.

BTW, this will probs get more replies in PD.

Thank you this is what started it all.
awesome reply Royce
test kit or bunk shit!
This is indeed your life your talking about.
are some rather nasty and deadly psychs out there at under a milligram.

Royce nailed it, test that bad boy. In my experience, mush can go from the best time of your life, to a rough experience quite quickly.. LSD was always smooth sailing, sherry. Though everyone has different reactions to drugs, my preference just happens to be L, although I love mescal just as much, maybe more! Who knows what's going on in my brain, however.. I sure don't. Either way, have a blast, and don't fight the trip, let it guide you young padawan <3. Stare at a Persian rug if you can, I did when I was 10 hits deep and lost my keys / debit card, this broad was trying to lecture me about the importance of keeping your card close at my bank, all I could think about was how goddamn beautiful the rugs were, 3D mode popping out of the floor. I'm sure they knew something was up when I walked in with dinner plate pupils, sweating a gallon of water, likely not blinking while the rugs worked their magic on my eyes. /Rant.

God I want some mescaline.. fuckin pedro cant grow fast enough.
can't wait to consume the lil bastard. Lol

Once you get reagent tested LSD you are welcome to check the First Time LSD thread here in PD: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=424317

You can also create a new thread if you have questions particular to your situation. :)

For now, we can't speculate on the ID of your pill and it will all have to depend on you getting reagents to test it. It is just pointless to discuss something we don't even know the identity of.

I'll give you a chance to respond before this thread gets closed.

Ok everyone, I am a bit embarrassed to admit this.. But it is in fact acid.. It was given to me wrapped it foil and in a baggie. My friend told me they if I had bothered to remove tho foil i would be able to see that it's an altoid with the acid on it lol sorry everyone.. I really appreciate the comments!!

Just FYI it could still be an nbome or DOx. nbome is fairly common in solution (liquid form) where I'm from.

If you're peaking by the 35-50min mark and pretty much comedown 5.5-7 hours after dosing, it's nbome.

LSD, an hour to and hour and 45 minutes to peak, peak for 5-6 hours, and then comedown another two or three.

DOx, longer than LSD.

I just had a trip on ~130ug yesterday.
9am dosed
11am peaked
3pm visuals subsided and left me with feeling of heightened senses plus some euphoria till the end of the day while smoking weed (lsd like euphoria).

What psy997 saying is accurate.