• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Unsure If You Have an STD?

i'm getting bored. i'm sorry i gave up 28 questions in

"Have you ever had a sex partner with an STD, such as HIV, herpes, syphilis, or hepatitis?" how many people know that the person they fucked with HIV had HIV? where is the word knowingly? surely if you knowingly have sex with someone with HIV thats a pattern of behaviour different from having sex with someone with HIV but not knowing. especially if both people are having a lot of casual sex. therefore the statistics calculated should be slightly different.

its full of stupid/poorly ordered questions particularly duplicate ones

if you want to know if you have an std get a test not rely on an app with a statistical probability carried out. individual people might be like "oh i probably dont have to get tested now" yet maybe they were very unlucky and spread diseases unprotected while someone with a statistically high probability might have been extremely lucky. people are not all clever so you have to be very careful what message you send to them from a healthcare point of view as lots of people will look for information to confirm their decision to avoid doing anything to deal with a potential problem.

this will placate avoidant types to then not bother getting tested for HIV etc. so from that point i think its kinda dodgy

the gold standard for STDs are STD tests. there is no way to get around that and i really dont want to promote the idea that people shouldn't bother because the first time i went i had been avoiding it for 3-4 years. people will delude themselves that they are fine or be terrified they have a disease and until they get tested they wont know one way or the other