• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Unpleasant Aftereffects

ForcePower8

Greenlighter
About three weeks ago I smoked weed for the first time and experienced euphoria and an overall great time. The following day I felt a little slow but it passed and then I felt fine.

I smoked my second time about a day ago to try to relieve my depression. This time I felt weird emotions that I don't know how to describe, but they were generally negative. I was confused, disoriented by my thoughts, which passed through my mind so quickly that I became overwhelmed. Nihilistic thoughts hammered my mind over and over again, especially the idea that there is no free will. When I woke up the next day I felt really stupid and negative.

Now, a full twenty-four hours after I feel like shit. I'm depressed, anxious, dizzy, shaky lethargic, and have a nagging headache. Even typing this is a challenge. I'm starting to get worried.

Is it normal for this to happen sometimes or should I be worried? I can't think of why this might have happened. I started taking a new antidepressant since I last smoked called wellbutrin, further complicating the matter, so I don't know if that contributed to it.

Please help.

it has been suggested that welbutrin potentiates the effects of cananbis. not in a desired way.

Buproprion is an NDRI, which doesn't seem like a good fit with something like cannabis, to me anyway While I've never tried the two together myself, just the stuff by itself is enough to make me feel wonky, and not in a good way. I can't imagine any good coming from the mix other than it might make me really aroused sexually.

Very interesting. For some reason I thought wellbutrin was a SSRI (like prozac, which I also take), but upon further research I now see that you are right. Everyone online who takes wellbutrin seems to say that they haven't had any problems with the combination. My doctor knew that I had started smoking when he prescribed it to me. I don't understand why he would've done that if there was a possibility for adverse effects.

really.. REALLY bad weed can cause headaches after the high. But since it's been 24 hours, that probably isn't what is causing your symptoms.