• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Unknown side effects. Testo level down

wealldead

Greenlighter
Hello, i take paroxetine since 6month, it helps me to manage my life. But i noticed that i gain weight and it comes from my testost?rone level which ils low from paroxetine pills??

I had the same reaction three years ago whith nardelzine another AD, which decreases my testo leval and made me fat. When i stopped it my t level came back normal un 4days.

Now it seems the same problem but less worst.

Blood test
My testo is 3. Average 2-10

My free testo is 7 average 9-25. July2016 my free testo was 11.

I am 25y old near 26.

I wonder if some anti depressant have this unknown side effects just on me....

I just changed the manufacturing of paroxetine , iy was biogaran? i just changed for mylan?, maybe it comes from the container of the pills.

Thanks

Sorry for the issues you're dealing with but lowered testosterone levels are extremely commen with many AD's. I personally had this happen to me many years ago. I will tell you what they did for me. Obviously, you and your doctor will have to come up with a game plan that'll work for you and all involved. So, since not taking the AD med was not an issue in my case, I was prescribed AndroGel. It was this clear, very alcohol smelling gel, you just rubbed into your upper body (shoulders and chest). Upon follow-up tests, it definitely worked and I even seemed to have an increased level of......well being, I guess you'd say additionally. Please look into whether or not something like that may help you out.

Testosterone is great for depression, ONE IM SHOT OF 250MG TESTOSTERONE made me calm and happy for a few days.

beachbum4you ok ! it seems to be normal, but there isn't any advertise about this issue.
I didn't stop paroxetine yet but if I want get back my T level i will have to quit it.
I hope, i will not need anything to help my Tlevel get back... because as i said in the past i was under Nardelzine for 4months, 4days after quit it my level t was come back...

however, for paroxetine I om on it since 8months.

Well tram i didnt understand what do u want to mean : down testo keep u undepressed no anxiety or the opposite ?