• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Undetectable illnesses

I am seriously considering quitting smoking for good this time. I keep going back to it. The biggest incentive is that I am NOT going to smoke in my house like I did this past winter. If I want to keep doing it I have to go outside and Michigan winters aren't conducive to that. Especially in the AM in my jammies with my coffee.

Took me the better part of a week to wash that nasty brown slime off of my walls, my curtains, my clothes, the cabinets and the mirrors. With no windows open for 6 months out of the year that shit is just plain nasty. I am not going to go through that again. Lordy, I hope not anyway.
I never smoked inside unless I was super drunk or high... and I lived in this tiny studio apartment and my cat hated smoked :'( I feel bad just thinking about it. I definitely know the hassle of having to go outside when its butt ass cold and freezing your ass off. Smoking inside always felt.... wrong to me, like I shouldn't be doing it.

Smoking indoors grosses me out even as a veteran smoker. I worked in IT and people who brought in their computers it was so obvious the indoor smokers, especially the older people. Their computers are covered in tobacco smoke resin and man.... even as a smoker it made me sick. I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything.

I've been trying to get my dad to quit for years.

For me what worked was switching to oral tobacco because it gives a very strong tobacco buzz (more than cigarettes), then from there I switched to non tobacco products like gum, lozengens and vaping. You can get REALLY buzzed from vaping but it's not as euphoric and doesn't have that dopamine kick from tobacco. At least it won't kill you and doesn't stink :p

yeah, my mother is in her late 60s and still smokes. I definitely don't plan to by that age. I mean, it's guaranteed copd minimum

yeah, my mother is in her late 60s and still smokes. I definitely don't plan to by that age. I mean, it's guaranteed copd minimum
yeah my dad has been a heavy smoker and drinker for 47 years now, life long alcoholic in his late 60s. His body is falling apart and it's extremely painful but he refuses to quit drinking and smoking. I've tried everything. He's had so many surgeries.

Sorry to be stereotypical, but have you ever tried to give him mushrooms? My mother wouldn't talk to me for a month if I suggested that again, always seemed to help me, haven't seriously tripped in years on any serious psychedelics, but if he already burned out on them like me their therapeutic potential could be a bit limited

Sorry to be stereotypical, but have you ever tried to give him mushrooms? My mother wouldn't talk to me for a month if I suggested that again, always seemed to help me, haven't seriously tripped in years on any serious psychedelics, but if he already burned out on them like me their therapeutic potential could be a bit limited
Oh I've certainly talked to him about it. He took LSD once while in the navy in Vietnam or some shit and apparently did not enjoy it. Didn't help that the last time I lived near him I had my little schizo episode from too much psychedelics, reached out to him but he didn't know what to say or do. Doubt he would take psychedelics... I tried to get him to smoke weed and would buy him weed all the time but he still drinks. He just drinks then gets even more fucked up with the weed.

Honestly I made my peace many years ago with the fact that he will never quit and will either die of liver failure or cancer. I tried. He's been showing major signs of liver failure for 10 years, continues to drink and is somehow still alive. I also resent my father deeply, lol.

I really don't think what I'm dealing with is psychosomatic. I am having serious coughing problems mixed with serious stomach issues and diarrhea for like 2 years straight. The combo means I wake up most days with bad stomach pain, cough (probably from cigs tho even most smokers don't cough for no reason until they gag like i do upon waking and thru the nignt) until i vomit. I also have no appetite whatsoever, and have to force myself to eat. I went and got tested, blood work, stool sample, all came back fine. Was referred to a GI but haven't been yet. I feel like I'm dying, or the HIV isn't showing up in blood work yet (did some really stupid extremely risky stuff multiple times over the past year)
Try a 3-day fast (water only). If you're not much better by then, PM me.

🙏