• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

understanding limitations of #3 or #4 Heroin

howdymcdoodi

Greenlighter
So my questions are from 2 seperate parts I guess we coukd call them. If you have any insight into either 1 or the other ir both thst woukd be great :)

Part 1
---------
So I might be confused or have this mixed up but last few days ive been trying to read heaps of material regarding #3 and #4 heroin.. jump right in and correct me if im wrong pleae :)

First things first...it refers to the process (or processing) in making of the H, right? And the cutting agent (or agents lol :( ) can also make a difference ?

#4 is generally more considered more water soluble if my understand is correct? and there for, it is better for snorting? Some pages/posts on various forums say you generally "cant" snort #3..
- Does this mean you physically "cant" snort it ? Or if you snorted it, it woukd be a waste seems it cant really be absorbed by your nasal passage
- Would using a nasal spray that unblocks blocked nose/sinuses make it snortable seems it wets the nasal area
- i have already searched/read you can mix with vinegar?? Exactly what typre? E.g White? and what ratio.

Is there a quick and easy way to test if your H is more of a #3 or #4 ?

Thanks so much and if anyone thinks I dont underdtand a fundanental component of this please correct me as I said earlier :)

Part #2
-----------
Btw reason I ask is...I am from Australia and used to get always white H... it was either hardish rock, or really hard rock, or crumbly powdery rock..I know the rock part doesnt matter as it can be easy to be rerocked. I would normally smoke it or sniff and woukd barely get any effects..very mild...tried it from soooooo many diff sources and sometimes some product was tiny bit better, but NONE of the literally 10000 diff grams woukd compare to oxyies which I am familiar with. I had small breaks for tolerance though and no luck.

Recently Igot this brown stuff and have been told its afghan... its WAY to harsh to smoke. Tastes almost chemically... and smoke goes from white to yellowy (I use a "sweet puff" meth type pipe to smoke...not foil).. tiny tiny bit smokes ok...but to much has symptoms above and ends up in a big hard clump/mess. Its basically not smokable...
Now snorting it is is AMAZING. I stay high for hours. Monkey has never felt high/euphoric from H before he tried this brown stuff (and tried it a few times now, same great result). So yeah just curious if anyone has any insight into what could be going on?? I have a huge oxy tolerance and dont know.... can this brown stuff can overcome oxy tolerance or is aomething devious at play perhaps??? I did take break few times from opiates and still crap results with white H. I thinks its just amazing having experienced no euphoria/high from ANY type of white H before to complete opposite with this brown stuff makes me suspiciously wonder ??

Thanks for your time and help. I very much appreciate :)

Last edited:
#4 is a salt of diacetylmorphine (aka heroin), thus it is, like you said, very water-soluble. That makes it good for injecting and snorting, however it is not good for smoking.
#3 is heroin freebase, so it is considerably less soluble in water. That makes it worse (or unsuitable, depending on purity) for injection or snorting. You CAN snort it, but it will not be absorbed as well as #4 would be. However, you can smoke #3 pretty well, because it is much more volatile than salts are. I think a common practice is to mix heroin with caffeine (look the procedure up, I don't know it off the top of my head), which makes the mixture way more smokable than pure heroin.

You can easily make freebase into a salt and vice-versa using simple acids or bases. For example, basically any kind of acid (like hydrochloric, acetic - vinegar, citric) will work to protonate heroin and make it into a salt - thus #4 and water-soluble. If you have #4, but want to make it into freebase to allow smoking, you can use sodium (bi)carbonate to basify it. Again, search for precise procedures before attempting to do anything. I have not done anything of this sort myself, so I can't speak from experience; perhaps someone who has could chime in.

And yeah, I didn't read anything of what you wrote because of that monkey business. Get rid of that.

Thanks. Personally i have always thought the "someone other than me" thing is stupid and really holds no value from a legal standpoint.. however if websites prefer to do it that way i'll respect there wishes.. thought this was one of those sites. Glad its not cause it took me ages to change the "me" ,"I" etc etc crap :) thanks again for the tip

Posted up huge message and got an error and lost it.. so this is shortened version :/

Thanks for the welcome :)

So i intend to try make #4 from #3 to see if snorting is better.

Been researching alot of diff threads and forums and would like someone who has sucessfully done it to please confirm my plan.q

I am only going to do a small amount, say half point. Don't want to waste it or OD if potency etc has gone up heaps.

So anyways im thinking of crushing up the H into a reasonably fine powder. Then adding a few drops of white vinegar. Stir it up again and let it dry indoors(so it doesnt blow away) in the sun. Once dry I stir up little more and make into small line to start with and test.

Is that basically it?

Any reason to use one type of acidic liquid over another?? Like I said I will only be snorting, no needles regardless how it turns out. Plan to use white vinegar, but got lemon juice in bottle if makes a diff?

Also does amount of liquid make a big diff?? Obviously less is better at the start as I can keep adding more if required. The amount of vinegar/liquid is the nain thing im uncertaij about.

Thanks heaps. I'll let you folks know how it turns out once I confirm process and do it :)

*edit* BTW.... what if it is already snortable / #4 and I do the process to turn it into #4 ??? Will I ruin it? Or will it essentialy stay same as it was before I messed with it?

Last edited:
If it's already #4, adding acid won't do anything bad to it. And yes, what you want to do should work in principle. You don't need a lot of vinegar, a few drops should suffice if the vinegar is not too dilute. If I were doing it, I'd probably make sure the heroin dissolved in the vinegar, and then let it dry.

Different acids produce different salts. Using vinegar will produce heroin acetate, using hydrochloric acid will produce heroin hydrochloride etc. It just gives it a different counteranion, but in simplistic terms as long as it's a salt you're good.