Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric Understanding language while tripping - Tryptamines vs Lysergamides

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
This post is really about high dose experiences on any psychedelic, and how you interpret visual language in that state, such as reading a book or looking at your phone.

How do you perceive language, letters, numbers, symbols that have meaning, while on psychedelics?

LSD: High dose LSD I've never had difficulty reading anything. The little letters on my phone may start twirling around and moving, but they do not change their original phonographic importance or meaning. I've never had difficult thinking or expressing myself in words on LSD. The only problem is having zero short term memory and trying to remember those words. I often experience verbal epiphanies, but can't remember them. Like the TOOL song, I was given the key to the universe, but I forgot my pen. One of the most impressive hallucinations I've ever had on LSD was a cubic "lexicon", it was a rotating cube that represented all language and numbers. Overall, LSD seems to enhance the language center of the brain, I just can't remember the brilliancy afterwards.

Tryptamines: I can't casually express myself in words. They tend to morph letters into nonsense alien speak. Language, particularly sharp language, translates directly into emotion. Language becomes much more visceral, but also becomes much more blurry and unessential. You tend to think in emotions and ideas instead of cooking up any succinct poetic interpretation of the experience. Audio, music or language, has always been extremely amplified for me. I've always found tyrptamines to be much more "disabling", meaning I can't function casually or operate normally on them, and that would include writing an email.

I have texted to employer and family successfully on acid.

Last time I tried to speak live to people in shrooms it was few statements that did not really link into conversation, like "I have walked really much today" full stop. The reaction was confusion about my context and motives.

I have letters a lot in visuals, it seems to have only become more common with age.

i tried reading some edgar allen poe short stories on some lower/average dosed lsd analogues a few times. it didn't really go well. i read a bunch of the stories in high school while sober and looked up a great deal of the vocabulary. i was hoping i'd remember some of what i had looked up and be able to read the story easier, but my brain wasn't really interested in doing that or capable of doing that... someone was telling me that they actually are able to fantasize what's going on while they are reading and get awesome visuals from reading like watching a movie. i was hoping this would go on with me, but it was really just a waste of time. i feel like all the effort it took to concentrate on reading was probably making me less creative with visuals.... this kind of reminds me how i thought i'd maybe be better at learning algebra in college after tripping experiences. didn't change anything. it's just really difficult for me to deal with math. tripping did not open my mind or anything... i feel like the only thing with learning that my mind is capable of dealing with is playing music. i think i get more confident with my tuning ear and am able to remember and play all random stuff. i feel like i could've had this with me with out drugs, but there is another part of me that feels like psychedelics are a great tool for certain musicians or artists. i guess if you know math or are good at reading though, people can maybe get some where with that type of learning on psychedelics. it really depends on the person, from googling it looks like there have been some scientists that have some pretty profound ideas that others that don't take psychedelics will say makes sense.

i tried reading some edgar allen poe short stories on some lower/average dosed lsd analogues a few times. it didn't really go well.
I've tried doing a lot of things of LSD. It never works well. Mainly because my attention span and memory becomes that of a fish, almost nonexistent.

With LSD sometimes it is just as nuts as shrooms, but usually I feel more intelligent than not.