• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Underrated TV shows

AmorRoark

Bluelight Crew
I couldn't find a thread specifically related to TV of the underrated nature. Go ahead guys! Tell us what everyone is wrong about ;)

Does it have to be current? Great thread idea by the way.

Years ago I used to watch a British show made in the 90s called This Life about a group of graduate lawyers living in London and all their shenanigans. I loved that show! I've never known of anyone else who likes it though or who's even heard of it.

Currently I'm liking Nurse Jackie even though I don't know anyone else who watches it. Most people are fairly horrified she's a drug addict despite the fact that House has been going for far too long with a drug addicted doctor in the lead. I think it's a really funny show with a decent streak of pathos and realism even though it only goes for half an hour. My (step)mum used to be an emergency nurse so I can relate to the characters in a way.

I'm sure there's others, I'll check back if I think of them.

I really liked Rubicon on AMC. Only one season aired and it's seemed to have dissapeared. That show has a lot going for it, but now Homeland exists and it's on Showtime, and Claire Danes is the star, so w/e. I still want to see Rubicon come back into the fold. It's a lot more "cerebral".

It definitely doesn't have to be current. :)

Rescue Me. Hear me out, I know it had like 6 seasons which screams 'success' but it got zero awards that whole time. I haven't heard anybody absolutely GUSH about it either like other critically acclaimed shows.

I'll have to scrounge NetFlix then. TVland is sort of old hat. I can't remember short runs from that far back very well. Maybe I'll just meditate on it.

Night Visions. This was a 2001 horror-suspense series in the strain of Tales from the Crypt that never got beyond a single season, though I thought (and still think) that it was scary as hell.

Grimm!! Why aren't any of you watching it?? Such a good show, yeah the special effects are kind of eh but its still an awesome show.

^^ I love this show! I knew there were others I couldn't think of. This is a good example of a very appealing show which doesn't get a lot of airplay or maybe the right kind of kudos.

I like that it's not always super cool realistic (the same reason I like the Walking Dead, it's kind of low budget and I like that).

Archer.

Critics may love it, but the fact that there isn't a thread on the front page of F&T right now means not enough people are watching. Last week's episode was stellar (though the show never disappoints).

Critics may love it, but the fact that there isn't a thread on the front page of F&T right now means not enough people are watching. Last week's episode was stellar (though the show never disappoints).
sounds like it's underexposed, rather than underrated?

alasdair

I will watch pretty much anything that HBO puts out or well, at least watch the pilot for it. I haven't gotten into Luck, but I watch pretty much everything else on HBO. Curb, EB&D, I really like The Life and Times of Tim, I think it's really funny, but I haven't heard anyone else talk about it much, so I have to assume it's not getting too much of an audience.

Archer.

Jon Benjamin is one of the funniest people alive.

Speaking of, Home Movies is another underrated show.

Gary Fucking Shandling.

Edit: Also, 'Night Visions'....Wow, what the heck?
Totally under my radar. And Rollins is such a cheese ball.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by " underrated " tv shows but I'd like to say that The Sopranos has been and always was my favorite HBO series next to my other favorite Psych on USA and or Monk which is no longer on air. I have to say PSYCH has to be one of thee funniest TV shows and im confused on why it is not as big as some of the other big hits out there. Check out a few episodes