underrated songs/bands

Without label & no further ado I bring you DVSR (originally Deva🐍tator)

I always really liked Son of Dork (S.O.D.). They were a bind in the 2000's here in the UK but only released on album and never gained much traction or popularity.

[dailymotion because for some reason the OG music video is no longer on youtube lol]

They darn sho aren't hurting bad with 388k views but I feel dey might b off da radar never heard of them until now

Well now and no not WellNow the urgent care I skipped a receptionist interview at in lieu of entering Headspace in the plaza next door the ritziest glass shop around in their richest location no less what a poor decision that was fear, being a liar with a bogus resume, and low self-esteem ruined a chance for me that day I regret honestly they aren't hurting at all just happened upon another song this one over a million views so are they underground or maybe they are highly rated I am in the wrong swimming hole here?

Final digression:

I also applied to Headspace but they made me feel invisible by not responding I guess maybe they thought I was a narc or I rubbed them the wrong way somehow guess I am not a real hippie fit for it. Also Decades Psychedelic Daze III and Terrapin Station gave weird non smoker vibes probably

Last edited:
Well now and no not WellNow the urgent care I skipped a receptionist interview at in lieu of entering Headspace in the plaza next door the ritziest glass shop around in their richest location no less what a poor decision that was fear, being a liar with a bogus resume, and low self-esteem ruined a chance for me that day I regret honestly they aren't hurting at all just happened upon another song this one over a million views so are they underground or maybe they are highly rated I am in the wrong swimming hole here?

Final digression:

I also applied to Headspace but they made me feel invisible by not responding I guess maybe they thought I was a narc or I rubbed them the wrong way somehow guess I am not a real hippie fit for it. Also Decades Psychedelic Daze III and Terrapin Station gave weird non smoker vibes probably
Is this the one described on Google as "the first company to quantify the smell of cannabis using proven sensory research methods"? Aka "Headspace Sensory"? It sounded like a headshop or dispensary from your description, but there's also some kind of app (maybe for "mindfulness"?) with the same name....

Regardless, that sucks. I've always found hippies to be a pretty closed-off group, though I've never remotely looked or acted like a "member of the tribe," not even a probationary one trying to earn my patches.

Weed smokers in general can be kind of judgmental, I've found, for a variety of reasons and excuses. It's kind of pathetic to me... they think smoking weed gives them status to look down on squares (or, God forbid, boozers), but then they turn around to their left and dish out contempt to hard drug users (my tribe) like a bunch of squares themselves.

Okay I cant leave my post with that on my mind. I Heard the other day it it doesn’t matter if we listen to happy music that makes us feel good or the most depressing stuff in the world that it’s still extremely therapeutic and good for us which made me feel a lot better because I’m always accused of listening to sad music or what my dad sends me on the weekends just pretty much suicidal music to be honest so it was just good reading it. It makes me know that even if I listened to Jesus Christ by Brand New just now & Cancer by My Chemical Romance or who the hell ever… I can probably erase the negativity but I don’t even need to because good for me therapeutically I suppose but I mean I’m still afraid! How can I not be every moment of every day?

OK that’s not true. If I would just go watch television for a while I don’t even think about my problems it’s like they’ve ceased to exist and that’s a great feeling! The only thing that brings me back to reality other than adult swim and Bob’s Burgers is when someone says how are you feeling which is one of the ugliest questions you can ask someone.

Well my back fucking hurts my feet hurt my throat hurts I’m hungry I’m tired etc. etc. when the nicest thing you could do for someone is to say “what’s good!” The worst of all you could ever say is what’s wrong… Because someone could be 1,000,000 miles away from imagining anything wrong with them even if everything is wrong but if you ask them to actually tell you what’s wrong boy you’re going to get an earful of things I didn’t even know was wrong generally. That’s my take anyway.

Here is a very little known-song from a long time ago but I sure love it and I think it’s a better note to end up now as I try really hard to put shoes on and get moving. Actually it’s also from Robin Williams movie called the big White which has Holly Hunter in it and I forget I can’t remember the big actors name Woody Harrelson. There are some fantastic movies out there that are small independent films that were really good.

I already said how I feel about that (just cut out worst case fears plus the uncontrollable thoughts about certain irreversible acts in futility that i can imagine… for better or worse. It’s just my Joey!! I love him SO MUCH!! Here I am starting to hyperventilate LOL. All right I need to shut the hell up. Here’s my song:

I like this one a lot. I found it on accident by title about a year after i recd my dx. I found it because well, I’m about 6 years late to my own funeral as well if i still believed the doctor who told me I’d be dead within 3 months. He may now be right but what a TRENT REZNOR TERRIBLE LIE!! NiN

Lyrics: song

Late For My Funeral

Late for my funeral on the first day of June Someone shoulda known I'd never get there by noon
Late for my chariot, late for my wings
Didn't even get to hear the fat lady sing
I was late for my funeral, late for the priest
I was the last one to find out that I was deceased
Late for the undertaker, late for the hearse
Late to punch my ticket couldn't get reimbursed
I was too late for some Hadacol
I was too late for some Demerol
I was too late for some Geritol
I was late for my funeral
Late to rise I was late for work
First they made me the boss and then they made me a clerk
And then I cashed my check but it didn't make a dent
I went looking for outside work to pay the rent
But I was late for the job, late for the jig
They were passing liquid courage and so I had me a swig
Then I was late for the pickup 'cause I hit a snag
And when the alarm bell rang they left me holding the bag
I was too late, I was against the law
I was too late for my telephone call
Then I was too late for my baby doll
Now I'm late for my funeral
Late for the jury I was late for the judge
By the time I took my seat they already held a grudge
Late for my sentence so he doubled my time
Now being late for a nickel's gonna cost me a dime
Late for the paddy wagon, late for the jail
I woulda bought a suit but I was late for the sale
Late for the yard, late for the hole
Now I'm late for a miracle to save my soul
I was too late for Wichita
I was too late for Omaha
I was too late for the Chippewa
I was late for my funeral
Late for the fair I was late for the feast
I was the last one to see they were gonna feed me to the beast
Late for breakfast, late for lunch
I think I'm gonna be late for supper but it's just a hunch
I was late for my funeral, first of June
She was in the kitchen and i was on the moon
I was late for the ocean, late for the sky
Didn't even get to see the fireworks on the Fourth of July
I was too late
I was too late
I was too late
I was too late ……………….
…………………………
…………….
…………………………
…………….
…………………………Sic

Again a song or rather Artist Brandon Jenkins that I happened across about a year after he died in 2018 at the age of 48. He’d be 52 now. I was attracted to the titles and his underrated status.

He wrote two pretty emotionally raw songs that i like above the rest bc surprisingly to me, this guy has quite the discography for such a lesser known musician.

The two songs I love the most are; Finger on the Trigger (got a hundred dollar habit ain’t got a dime, lost my job etc sitting in this parking lot finger on the trigger …)

And Here below:

PROBABLY DIE ALONE

There was a time
When she used to try and save me
But I never did see the light
Well I crossed the line
But the words they never phased me
And now I'm wondering if they are right

Say I'm good for nothing cause I'm always stoned
It's hard to be a father when you're never home
I'm a lying sack of shit
I need to have my ass kicked
The worst S.O.B. that you've ever known
I'll probably die alone
I'll probably die alone
Well I can't deny
Yeah I've always been crazy
And you know I like to have my fun
So I played the hand
Played the hand the good Lord gave me
And I never tied to hurt no one
It's true
It's hard to be a father when you're never home
And I'm a lying sack of shit
I need to have my ass kicked
I'll probably die alone
I'll probably die alone
Hard to raise a family on the telephone
And I'm a lying sack of shit
A phony and a hypocrite
I'll probably die alone
I'll probably die alone
I'll probably die alone
I'll probably die alone

There's an open sky, and an empty city
Where the rain falls every night
Upon precious flames we once found so pretty
Our frail and only light
Love is all that's left and I'm emotionless

You won't read it in the papers
In this time, keep your hands clean, just read my mind
We're trapped between the nightmares
And I fear the future's here
It's 1985 (and it feels like, feels like survival)
Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

Oh, the emptiness overfills this city
So you'll be queen tonight
As you overthrow, looking pale and pretty
I welcome your requite
They told us love can save
So we prepared our graves

Can you read my mind?

Will you hold my hand as we count the hours, the hours
Will you hold my hand as we count down the hours, the hours
Standing beneath the meteor showers?

Can you read my mind?

Songwriters: Adam A Carson / David Paden Marchand / Hunter Lawrence Burgan / Jade Errol Puget

We held hands on the last night on earth
Our mouths filled with dust
We kissed in the fields and under trees
Screaming like dogs, bleeding dark into the leaves
It was empty on the edge of town but we knew everyone floated
Along the bottom of the river
So we walked through the waste where the road curved into the sea
And the shattered seasons lay
And the bitter smell of burning was on you like a disease
In our cancer of passion you said, "Death is a midnight runner"

The sky had come crashing down like the news of an intimate suicide
We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars that wore like an antique wedding dress
The echoes of the past broke the hearts of the unborn
As the ferris wheel silently slowed to a stop
The few insects skittered away in hopes of a better pass time
I kissed you at the apex of the maelstrom
And asked if you would accompany me in a quick fall
But you made me realize that my ticket wasn't for two
I rode alone

You said, "The cinders are falling like snow"
There is poetry in despair, and we sang with unrivaled beauty
Bitter elegies of savagery and eloquence
Of blue and grey
Strange, we ran down desperate streets and carved our names in the flesh of the city
The sun was stagnated somewhere beyond the rim of the horizon
And the darkness is a mystery of curves and lines
Still, we lay under the emptiness and drifted slowly outward
And somewhere in the wilderness we found salvation
Scratched into the earth like a message