• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Uncontrollable shaking after inject

Tintman1974

Greenlighter
First post, I've been I've H for few months and sometimes maybe a hour to hour and half after using i will start off with a light shake like I'm a little cold and within a few minutes it goes to uncontrollable shaking almost like a seizure my thighs will lock up and so does my lower back ...its totally uncontrollable...it don't happen every time maybe one out of every 50 shots and doesn't matter who I get from weather its in my city or a hour and half away...and happens weather I use cotton or not...just curious if anyone has opinions or similar experiences?

Please try to contact a doctor about this.
A friend of mine was where you are a few years back. Later he would have many full-blown seizures. He died from an OD this summer. Some people seem to experience these (maybe from speedballing too often?), and it's highly dangerous. Please visit a doc!

A little cold...I usually get in a hot shower for about 30 mins as hot as I can stand and it helps...sometimes I will end up throwing up while in the shower..but when I'm shaking no matter how warm or hot I get it don't stop till it runs it course ..then after my legs and back hurt so bad from just being so tense while shaking

So many possibilities come to mind, and they all require medical care. Especially with the vomiting and feeling cold, I’d definitely prioritize seeking care and getting treatment, sooner rather than later.

This has happened to me many times. It means some sort of bacteria got into the shot or it was a dirty shot. The trembling is the body fighting off the foreign body. Other symptoms include fever, extreme headache, cold sweats, trembling, lightheaded / dizziness and faintness if breath. Some refer to it as cotton fever, which it also could be. Try to be more clean about your shots. I found it happens to me when I got saliva in my shot on accident.

“ Search Results
Featured snippet from the web

“In Europe, cotton fever is commonly called "the shakes"—a reference to another common symptom of cotton fever. Those with this ailment often experience violent shaking or shivering. These symptoms normally occur immediately following an injection, but there are reports of lags up to an hour in length.”

When this happens I take a ibuprofen and lay down and it usually goes Away in a few hours. Awful feeling

Dirty shot is the best explanation I can think of too.

How is your injecting technique? Are you using new syringes? New cotton? Sterile water? Basically anything you can think of that might explain where bacteria might be coming from other than the heroin itself?

It might be the heroin itself, it might be another explanation entirely, I'm just going over the most obvious and easily fixed possibilities.

First post, I've been I've H for few months and sometimes maybe a hour to hour and half after using i will start off with a light shake like I'm a little cold and within a few minutes it goes to uncontrollable shaking almost like a seizure my thighs will lock up and so does my lower back ...its totally uncontrollable...it don't happen every time maybe one out of every 50 shots and doesn't matter who I get from weather its in my city or a hour and half away...and happens weather I use cotton or not...just curious if anyone has opinions or similar experiences?
Def sounds like cotton fever, which in my experience is from a poorly filtered shot hitting the blood stream. Ain't gotta be cotton, just something large enough to signal your body its not supposed to be there. The rest is a immune response. Sucks when it happens that's for sure!! Remember uncontrollable shaking and sweating buckets but surprisingly no associated pain, just a strong strong desire to sleep

Fresh tip. Light angle slightly down and into the side. Tap in with a free finger, or just be as quick as you can.

To many factors going into this to give you an answer, has this ever happened with other routes of administration? Or just IV?

It sounds like cotton fever to me, but given Ops report of this happening on a regular basis seemingly irrelevant to his technique and hygiene.

I will say that cotton fever sounds like the most likely culprit but I would definitely recommend talking to a medical professional about this. It's not normal to experience cotton fever on a regular basis.

I don't have any other good ideas for what it might be at this time.