Unable to inject in left glute without complications / Is this an abscess?

od88

Greenlighter
I'm on week 5 of test-e and have been injecting 1ml in each glute every week. Every single week, my left glute has some sort of complication like a giant lump that takes all week to heal. Last week's complication was worse than a lump, the injection site was full blown swollen and even gave some bruising. I was hesitant to use my left glute right after it healed this week, but Monday I gave it another go. Terrible mistake. Today is day 4 and the inflammation has reduced greatly, not too painful but there's a 2 inch lump that I think might be an abscess. I'm going to wait a few days to see if it gets smaller.

Here's a pic of my fat arse. Does it look like an abscess?
https://i.imgur.com/kWdtBqN.jpg

I don't think the problem is the gear or sterilization because my right glute is handling everything fine. Maybe my left glute is more vulnerable... is it unheard of for someone to avoid an injection site because of recurring problems?

Last edited:
Could be oil leaking into subcutaneous area. What size needle are you using? Honestly it doesn't look that bad. My gear that had ethyl oleate always left me slightly red, inflamed, and sore. Also when I don't pin deep enough it looks like the photo you posted.

1" 23G needle. It doesn't feel terrible, mainly concerned if it looks like something that needs to get drained. It was pretty hot these past couple days, but today was much better so I'm not too worried. It's definitely possible I didn't pin deep enough. Come to think of it, I may have pushed in deeper after noticing it wasn't completely in and resumed injecting. I had felt a slight burn during injection and a lump formed right away, usually I don't feel anything and the lump is very small. Perhaps a longer needle could help?

Yup. I may have only had 1 decent shot in my left cheek this whole time. I get small lumps on my right cheek that disappear in a few days. The lumps on my left cheek are much bigger and take a full week to disappear. Never had any swelling/redness/pain like this reaction, only on the left.

Yup. I may have only had 1 decent shot in my left cheek this whole time. I get small lumps on my right cheek that disappear in a few days. The lumps on my left cheek are much bigger and take a full week to disappear. Never had any swelling/redness/pain like this reaction, only on the left.

Well if you keep getting lumps the gear isnt so good, but I cant imagine why it would be so much worse only on 1 side.
Id just stick to the right butt cheek and use your legs

Ah I had thought small lumps were normal. I do have different gear that I can compare in the future, but I'll finish this one with my right. I had a bad experience injecting in my quad, couldn't walk for a week, so maybe it is the gear.

Needle seems a bit short to me. I use 23g 1.5" and have no issues. 1" goes in my quads though I've been using 5/8" slin pins for quads lately. Like I said, may not be going deep enough considering my ass is where I lose fat last it seems.

Ah I had thought small lumps were normal. I do have different gear that I can compare in the future, but I'll finish this one with my right. I had a bad experience injecting in my quad, couldn't walk for a week, so maybe it is the gear.

Yeah man...sounds like the gear is shit, switch to the other stuff and see how that goes..
Again i have no idea why its so much worse on the other side

But outside of the area being sore sometimes just from hitting a never, ripping through scar tissue, or just hitting something sensitive nothing should be happening. But all those things are related to things that come with injections...bumps, swelling, hotness thats no good at all

Needle seems a bit short to me. I use 23g 1.5" and have no issues. 1" goes in my quads though I've been using 5/8" slin pins for quads lately. Like I said, may not be going deep enough considering my ass is where I lose fat last it seems.

You can use 1' on the butt/hip it just depends on how much fat you have in the area. I use a 1' on both my legs and butt/hip
I dont actually ever use my butt anymore though, i rotate all around my quads