• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Unable to get high - WTF?

Winzip52

Bluelighter
I am so bummed out. I have been on Tramadol for about a year. Typically around 300mg daily. I would also combine with Kratom and a few times a month I would use Poppy Seed Tea. I no longer take Tramadol. Haven't for about a month.

Now I am working with stronger drugs but I'm not feeling the high that I'm seeking (euphoria). I'm not feeling a thing. Like I haven't even taken anything. Last week I used up to 40mg a day of Percocet with little effect. I then tried 40mg of Vicodin with very little, if any effect. I have not been using any Kratom while taking Percocet and Vicodin. I did just take some Kratom with 40mg of Vicodin in my system since the Vicodin by itself wasn't doing a thing.

It used to be that these prescription drugs would give me a wonderful sense of eurphoria, energy, and motivation. At the moment I just feel like taking a nap. Ridiculous.

The only two med changes that I can think of is that I am taking Prozac and Voltaren. Could those be causing the problem?

I've never taken ADHD drugs previously but I'm going to try some Adderall this week and see if that can replace the opioids. I am also going to try some roxi's. Think they will do the trick?

Advice?

I've heard Prozac can dull the effects of other drugs. I'm not 100% on that though.

Sounds like a tolerance issue to me. 40mg of oxycodone or hydrocodone is not a lot for someone trying to get high unless you are largely opioid intolerant.

-CTdopeLove

Prozac often dulls the euphoria of opioid drugs. There are threads on bluelight and the Internet in general. I'm too lazy to go searching but if you google "Prozac effect on opioids" you'll get a wealth of info. I believe it has to do with the CYP2D6 enzyme being inhibited if I remember correctly.

But basically, yes, your Prozac has a big effect. Oh and don't bother wasting your $ on the roxi. If you don't feel Vicodin or percs (percs are oxycodone with Tylenol and roxi are just oxycodone so same drug) obviously Prozac is not letting you feel the opioids. You may do better with stims like you mentioned (but i dont know much about those interactions)

Prozac often dulls the euphoria of opioid drugs. There are threads on bluelight and the Internet in general. I'm too lazy to go searching but if you google "Prozac effect on opioids" you'll get a wealth of info. I believe it has to do with the CYP2D6 enzyme being inhibited if I remember correctly.

But basically, yes, your Prozac has a big effect. Oh and don't bother wasting your $ on the roxi. If you don't feel Vicodin or percs (percs are oxycodone with Tylenol and roxi are just oxycodone so same drug) obviously Prozac is not letting you feel the opioids. You may do better with stims like you mentioned (but i dont know much about those interactions)

CYP2D6 metabolizes drugs by removing methyl groups, turning the inactive codeine into active morphine, the weak opioid Tramadol into the more potent O-Desmethyl-Tramadol, and part of your Hydrocodone/Oxycodone dose into the *very* potent Hydromorphone/Oxymorphone. It should be noted, however, that Oxycodone, atleast, is already a potent opioid in its own right and the percentage converted into Oxymorphone isn't all that high to begin with, so Prozac should not alter the Oxy experience all that much (atleast not completely ruin it).

If Prozac is an SSRI you wont want to imbibe amphetamines cos the interaction presents a risk of serotonin syndrome if I remember correctly.

Edit: And yes it sounds like a tolerance issue with ur opiates and/or the Prozac is dulling the high as others have suggested. You cannot win against tolerance for opiates, it really holds onto you.

Thanks for the responses. I don't know if I can go without Prozac but I'll give it a shot.

I thought I knew my opiates but I guess I don't. Vicodin has always been my drug of choice but that was back before things got serious. What should I be seeking out? I'm going the rx route - not the heroin route. Oxycontin?

Oxycontin is just extended release oxycodone,roxicodone is oxycodone instant release,percocet it oxycodone and Tylenol. Pretty much the same drug except for getting high the oxycontin is probably the worst because it has the tamper resistant shit,the percocets are next because they have so much Tylenol that they turn a nice perfectly good drug like oxycodone into a horse pill,and the best of the 3 is roxi's or generic name oxycodone! Just watch the brand of oxys you get because I posted earlier this week I was given oxys made by a company called zydus and they were supposed to be 10mg and they absolutley were not. I took 3 to get my equivalency dose which is 10mg. I take for pain and I am prescribed them so I know how they feel and while at a friends house I was there past my dosing time and he gave me his and as I said had to take 3 to equal 1 of my normal ones. I searched the web and many many more people had the same problem with the ones from the Indian company zydus. maybe that's the ones you had that didn't get you as high as normal!Try a pill id online(can't do it on this web site).

Last edited: