• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Unable to get high from weed after Invega Sustenna (Antipsychotic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narshe81

Greenlighter
Hi,

Last year I was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia and was forced to take Invega Sustenna injections at 100mg a month for 10 months. A week after my first injection I noticed that weed and cigarettes began to stop working. After about two weeks, I can no longer get high off weed anymore no matter how good the buds or how much I smoke. I don't even feel a buzz.

I am now off this medication and my last injection was on August 29th 2013. It has been almost three months and a half since then and the side effects from the medication and my ability to get high haven't improved at all. I still suffer from severe anhedonia and I still cannot enjoy things like cigarettes, weed, alcohol, or any other activities/substances that gives pleasure.

I found a couple other people online who were also on antipsychotics and could not get high while they were on it. It took some of them 2 months to a year to be able to get high off weed again after having stopped their medication.

I am just wondering if there is anyone who has experienced this before or can contribute to when I can get high again that would be great. I am desperate and really miss my high.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Last edited:
Damn dude, I'm sorry. I've never heard of that particular medication. That really sucks. Btw, when you say 'forced' to take it, what do you mean.

It means that when I was misdiagnosed as having schizophrenia, I had no choice in what sort of treatment they could give me. I had to take whatever medication they wanted to give me or they will have people pin me to the floor and force the injection anyway. If I didn't show up for my injection or doctor's appointment, police would come and drag me to the hospital.

That's what I meant by forced. Now I feel like my life is completely destroyed because of it. I have severe anhedonia along with a number of other side effects.

There's been a couple other recent threads about this exact same phenomenon (maybe they were your threads, idk). If you use the search function you should be able to find them.

They can't be my threads because this is the only one about this issue that I have posted here. Thanks I will try to search for them.

Please dont cross post your threads. As Felonious Monk said, you already created a thread in Mental Health about discontinuation of that specific medication. Be patient with it and dont rush into drug use again, even if it is just cannabis.

Status
Not open for further replies.