• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Unable to feel high naturally/with drugs after ssri's

champagnencocaine

Greenlighter
A little while back I was on ssri's (mirtazapine) after using speed for a while, I felt drained of energy but my mood was improved, there just was no drive to do anything. I have read on here somewhere that ssri's downregulate dopamine receptors, I just can't feel the same level of dopamine (using amphetamine) that I did before ssri's and I notice that feeling of well being has completely gone from speed.

But I did abuse speed on mirtazapine in order to compensate for the dopamine depletion (I was also confused to why I wasn't getting high). Also I decided to do speed + mdma + weed about 5 days after coming off ssri's, there wasn't much euphoria, I definitely felt paranoid.

I also feel now that I just can't really feel euphoria naturally anymore, but my mood is very neutral, even with speed I don't get a high or a comedown, I can get some dopamine release but that level of high is much lower than what it used to be, about, anything over a line doesn't change a thing, I feel no sense of well being anymore from speed, I even notice while running there's actually no high from it like there was. And after sex there's no feeling of well being, I just feel neutral.

Things have been very neutral after mirtazapine, it's been a bit over a month since I was on them, I just don't really feel euphoria or the lows I used to get anymore.

Have my serotonin + dopamine receptors been downregulated? Or is this just that I need to wait longer after mirtazapine.

While you are actively taking ssris expect to get a huge blockage from most drugs if not all, once you discontinue this disgusting medication it can take maybe up to 30 days to feel full effects of drugs and psychedelics if not more than 30 days. These drugs are more for people who are more serious about not using drugs not to sound rude or anything I just think it's a big hassle for addicts like us to even go on it and then have to deal with not being able to get high on them

How long will it take to be able to get high again? I just can't from speed + weed at all and it's been a bit more than a month.

Why are SSRI's disgusting?

Your body and mind will need sometime to get back to normal. At the meantime you should probably try exercising. Try to do things tha you used to like. Volunteering can also help.

I never heard of weed interacting with ssris at all so perhaps it might be in your head subconsciously that this substance can cause blockage. As the above poster said exercising and vitamins and water would help a lot