• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Unable to be Stimulated?

r3mx

Greenlighter
I am having a serious issue that is going to land me in the ER, or cause addiction.
I have ADHD and have been taking ADHD medication on and off for a few years.
I have been on Adderal, Vyvanse, and Ritalin. I'll give a short version.
I was on almost 90mg of Concerta and couldn't get out of bed and had no energy. I took up to 500 with no effect. Concerta never worked for me for some reason.
I took 240mg of Vyvanse and I was falling asleep. I parachuted it even, tried mixing in water. But in the passed when I used to be on it it stimulated me a lot, and made me active.
I was on 90mg of Adderal. It wasn't working until I infatuated the 30mg IR- the 60mg was in XR form and didn't do anything. I'm back on 60mg of Adderal. I cannot move or really get out of bed. This is my second "session" with Adderal where it was working strangely. I could take up to 10 20mg infatuated and still feel exhausted, where in the passed just 40mg would keep me up and productive and confident for days. The time before this time Adderal had me shaking uncontrollably and paranoid and moving around everywhere for 5 days, then it stopped and I was back to bed. A similar thing happened with Ethylphenidate but without side effects and was like 3 days.
I've even went back to trying Benzedrex even though 2 capsules got my pulse to almost 200 and I had to be resuscitated. Now- when i take 2 capsules, I start to fall asleep.
This is bizarre and I'm probably hospitalizing myself because I've been tested for everything. I have anxiety, ocd, and depression. I've tried not taking my regular meds to see if they were affecting anything. What on earth is going on? It's as though it's impossible to stimulate me. Every part of my body constantly hurts and I am sick to my stomach all the time, it's hard to sit up, I've been bedridden for months.

Have you explained all of this to your doctor? Let me guess they just prescribe you more meds? If so I would suggest changing Drs and explaining the situation in detail.

Sounds pretty rough. I don't take ADD/ADHD medications but I can relate to having no energy. I've had (hopefully past tense - I'm on my last 5 days of 12 week Hep C treatment) HepC and for 30 years I've had dwindling energy. The Hep C meds made it even worse. I've been sleeping12 hours with a 4-5 hour afternoon "nap".

Have you shared any drug paraphernalia as blood can be transferred by rough sex or sharing a bowl of pot even. Hep C stays alive for 16 days after it leaves the body. Not saying that's your problem but it can easily be ruled out with a blood test.

I thought ADHD meds were meant to help slow down the mental process to enable focusing. That's what it did for my boys. Part of ADHD is hyperactivity. Perhaps you are only ADD.

Cause addiction? Sounds like you are already addicted if you are taking these massive doses. You should try to slow down, take a tolerance break or at least cut your doses for a week or two.

You didn't say what other medications you are prescribed but certain meds shouldn't be stopped abruptly. Taking large amounts of amphetamines isn't going to help your situation. I think it's a good idea to get yourself checked since you've been bedridden for months. There may be something serious going on as kgeisel alluded to.