• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Ultra Music Festival-Goer Nearly Died After Drinking Water Laced With Antifreeze

This reminds me of the time that I was going to a metal show and was going to be tripping and my GF told me that she had heard that at some metal concerts people would go around with needles filled with blood taken from AIDS victims and inject it into people. I was kind of a little freaked out. I went to the show and while waiting for it to start I talked about this rumor to the people in front of me who were equally aghast. Now I think maybe it was more then a rumor. This is why we need to fix the system. So that we can help people who would become violent offenders before they are driven to such extremes.

Also I've read several articles recently where the parents will be in denial about their childs drug use and say something equally as ignorant. I know they are in deep grieving, and I hope that has something to do with what they say because I find it very difficult to believe there are people out there who would wish death upon their own children because they "do drugs".

While writing the above paragraph I was reminded of people who, because of their religious beliefs will disavow their own children for being homosexual. I know that the world, on average, is getting better but it always makes me a little sad that such things are still common practice. :(

for some reason I think that what he consumed was not antifreeze...
also how the fuck do you drink antifreeze thinking its water?

my guess is he drank something like way too much 1,4butanediol of ghb etc.

or isopropyl alcohol, or maybe even drank an alkyl nitrate

but whatever he drank it was def from some skid and he was def taking it to get high, you don't swallow something that's not water when looking for water/sobriety and keep it down unless you want to

I know two people who were hospitalised after drinking ketamine solution in the belief it was water. I also have a friend who was hospitalised after drinking antifreeze accidentally. Of course you can drink something by mistake.

I don't live that way, nor do the people surrounding me in my life.
I see no beauty in it, either, though based on your moniker, I suspect that you and I might not see eye-to-eye about too much...

Well everyone in your life gets by without anything at all happening to them? That's actually quite interesting.

Also, as ebola pointed out, judging my name is a poor way to judge me! Mostly because I only keep it around because I can remember it (Because I've been using it since I was a wee lad)

jesus fucking christ what is wrong with people, that is absolutely tragic. yes people shouldnt take things from strangers but at teh end of the day its whatever sick fuck who poisoned people fault not the guy who unknowingly drank it :/

i doubt they will find out who did it though.

Well everyone in your life gets by without anything at all happening to them? That's actually quite interesting.

I am afraid that we have lost any common thread in what we were discussing, and what we think we were discussing has completely diverged, because I can't see how this comment relates to our conversation.
I thought we were discussing whether everyone always "deserved" the results of all of their actions, not whether things happen to people.

Also, as ebola pointed out, judging my name is a poor way to judge me! Mostly because I only keep it around because I can remember it (Because I've been using it since I was a wee lad)
Yes, I can see that I made a mistake, probably due to my strong dislike of violence and bloodshed. Sorry about that!

I am afraid that we have lost any common thread in what we were discussing, and what we think we were discussing has completely diverged, because I can't see how this comment relates to our conversation.
I thought we were discussing whether everyone always "deserved" the results of all of their actions, not whether things happen to people.

Yes, I can see that I made a mistake, probably due to my strong dislike of violence and bloodshed. Sorry about that!

My point should be clear but yes, if you don't see what I'm saying it's probably better for my sake that I leave the conversation.