• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Ultimate Recreational Opioid Comparison?

What's your favorite opiate/oid?

• Heroin/Diacetylmorphine

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Tapentadol

• Buprenorphine

• Dihydrocodeine

• Tilidine

• Codeine

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 6-MAM

• 4-AL

• O-desmethyltramadol

• U-47700

• AH-7921

• Butyr-fentanyl

• Acetyl-fentanyl

• Opium

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Morphine Sulphate

• Methadone

• Total voters

Theconfusedstoner

Greenlighter
Hi, after a few searches on google and bluelight yielded little on this topic, I thought I might try and make my own thread. So, my question is this, bluelighters: Which opiates do you enjoy the most on a recreational basis? Post which opiates you have done, and which one you like the most, and why. I have come to find that different drugs have different affects on different people. Although it may seem likely that Heroin or Fentanyl would be at the top of the list simply because they are the strongest, I'd like to think that some of us are into more subtler opiates. I'll start!

opiates tried: oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, buprenorphine, heroin, tramadol, kratom, codeine. My favorite of these is oxycodone, because of its stimulating side effects. Some people like to nod, I prefer to take doses of opiates that allow me to stay awake, but in a stimulated, brightened mood. I find oxycodone the best for this. Tramadol is also a more stimulating opiate.

I've tried pretty much any opioid available in the US; my favorite being oxycodone for its warmth and nod factor.

The thing about fentanyl is, while I enjoy it, the euphoria is very blunted for me, and I feel more dissociated and tend to nod out extremely hard.

IV hydromorphone is the most reinforcing, but I never went down that path even though I enjoyed the times it was offered to me.

All in all, I find oral doses of oxycodone the most pleasurable without being overwhelming like some of the full synths/IV ROA.

quick edit: I re-read your post and I should mention that I took tramadol ~500 mg/day for years, and it never made me feel euphoric, but it did help me to work harder and longer hours. It was most fun to take in the early morning hours and then allow yourself to fall back to sleep, always a great way to wake up a couple hours later.

Tried heroin, oxycodone, fentanyl, PFBF, AH-7921, tramadol, bupe, codeine, dihydrocodeine, kratom.

For recreation, oxycodone hands down. I like being functional followed by a nice nod.
For maintenance, kratom. That stuff's helped me a lot in getting me off stronger stuff.

Opiates, most of them. H. Oxy, Dillies, Dolantina_meperidine IV.
It gives me great warmth comfort and extreme calm and joy.
Life was in color and I would love every minute even if was looking at white walls..
Before my family actually knew about it, they would say how gentle and nice I was..
Now they know better

Last edited:
Would love to see if the propionyl sub of 4-AL could rank...

I like opium best, smoked or oral don't matter

As pharmies go oxymorphone and hydromorphone and oxycodone all have unique and valuable highs. Forced to choose I'd go with oxymorphone based on strength alone. Also omfg it just feels so fuzzy.

Oxymorphone is by FAR the best and most euphoric opiate/opioid ive ever had the pleasure to use.

ive never tried heroin but from what I can tell oxymorphone would still be my favorite.

Surprisingly a good dose of methadone is my second favorite. I get awesome euphoria and a great, super long lasting nod from it.

Also shockingly I love a good dose of tramadol. Even with an epic tolerance I seem to always get good effects. For example: I would almost always rather have 500 mg of tram over say 40 mg of oxyCODONE. (Laugh it up guys lol)

Oxymorphone is by far the most euphoric opioid with a nod to match. One of the few occasions where I couldn't help but nod out on the person next to me on accident. The warmth, sedation of heroin with the euphoria of oxycodone.

IV heroin would certainly be my runner-up to oxymorphone. It's obviously a classic and my overall favorite (in terms of price, potency and euphoria). There's nothing quite like the rush of 6-MAM soothing your brain and body. I certainly don't mind my dope being cut with fentanyl either, although like somebody else before me posted fentanyl can be quite dissociating and dangerous.

IV hydromorphone is a helluva rush, but the rush is all it is to me. Certainly the "crack of opioids" as many have said. It's literally like a 3 hour high IME, unless your opioid tolerance is next to zero then it can last possibly 5 hours. The rush is intense, your limbs get so heavy you almost just want to drop the rig and it has some prominent pins and needles going on.

Orally, I enjoy morphine, oxycodone and methadone. Not much of a need to explain why I love oral oxycodone, but I love the legs of morphine and methadone. Both very sedating, warm and lengthy. On MMT, I got to know methadone pretty well and loved to double my dose and have a hot cup of coffee right after. I also tended to mix my 'done with benzo's, which can become an almost ridiculous nod.

Right now, methadone for sure. Specially after reading your last paragraph..

Ive found very mixed reviews on tramadol. IMO/E, tramadal has a great effect that is similar to oxycodone. Also, it might be placebo, but i feel like even when i have a high opiate tolerance, (about 50mg of oxy a day) tramadol still works at around 200-300mg. This might be placebo, but it could Also have something to do with tramadol being a 'synthetic' opiate.

IV oxymorphone, everyone who's ever done that i know, claims it is the cadillac of opiates.
they say even the purest diamorphine doesn't compare

I've had codeine, ethylmorphine, tramadol, burpenorphine, oxycodone, morphine, heroin, poppy tea, and fentanyl.

1. Heroin - yields the most euphoric and satisfying high, when injected. Immense rush.
2. Morphine - almost as good as heroin, when mainlined.
3. Oxycodone - heavy, euphoric, noddy at high doses but functional and social at lower ones. High oral BA. Had it IV and it was a waste, no rush to speak of.
4. Poppy tea - I know this is mostly morphine, but it gives a lovely euphoric sedation for a real long time.
5. Methadone - strong and long-lasting, sedative. Non-euphoric.

The others I don't really enjoy recreationally. They've got analgesic potential but otherwise I find them useless, and buprenorphine outright unpleasant. Codeine is too weak, itchy and short in duration even at massive doses, and tramadol comes with unpleasant side effects.

IME oxycodone makes me super tired at all doses or ROAs.
always ends up with me laying in bed with my eyes closed listening to music because i have no energy to do anything else

What do u prefer Oxys or hydros

I prefer Oxys all tho I haven't had too much interaction with hydro so can't say too much for that reason