• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Ulcerated missed shot

Hi, I had a weird missed shot earlier today.. I had go behind my knee which I’ve done before and had mixed results but had no choice. So I would register then feel the burn and see a lump so I’d stop pull back the needle a smidge, re-register and so on. What’s freaking me out is now there’s a painful, ulcerated circle at the site. I’ve missed shots before and never saw anything like this. I’m hoping it’s cuz the skin is thinner behind the knee and meth is caustic.. it’s not abscess-like. Anybody know how worried I should be here? Thanks
How did everything turn out? That’s an unusual spot for a venous ulcer. I hope you healed up without complications! I was having a terrible time with IV meth recently. Nothing ulcerated, but every shot burned, turned bright red, became inflamed, excessively bruised etc. I tried literally everything and every combination of everything-finally found that taking Benadryl prior, ice immediately after, and then continual Benadryl cream w/zinc eased my symptoms. It’s crazy that we keep pushing it like that, I totally get it. It took my bf having a full blown meth induced psychotic episode to finally realize how fuct up it is and to say enough. Again, hope all is well!

How did everything turn out? That’s an unusual spot for a venous ulcer. I hope you healed up without complications! I was having a terrible time with IV meth recently. Nothing ulcerated, but every shot burned, turned bright red, became inflamed, excessively bruised etc. I tried literally everything and every combination of everything-finally found that taking Benadryl prior, ice immediately after, and then continual Benadryl cream w/zinc eased my symptoms. It’s crazy that we keep pushing it like that, I totally get it. It took my bf having a full blown meth induced psychotic episode to finally realize how fuct up it is and to say enough. Again, hope all is well!
I’m really glad you stopped meth.

But have need to point out that when something like that happens a lot more likely solution than benadryl is to clean up your stuff and use micron filters.

I’m really glad you stopped meth.

But have need to point out that when something like that happens a lot more likely solution than benadryl is to clean up your stuff and use micron filters.
Oh absolutely! Major apologies! I meant to say that I was not by any means undermining the situation and completely agree with all aforementioned comments! I inadvertently and grossly just launched into my own fresh and disturbing memories. :/

Yknow I’ve avoided social media my whole life, this is the closest I’ve come to it and it’s hard to follow at times. I’m quite technologically impaired. I think it’s from the decades of spending my time on drugs and not being apart of anything. Anyway, my husband would leave mostly due to the lies. He knew I was an addict I was only clean from heroin for like 3 months when I met him in 2016. It’s a long story but we were both clean for first 3 years during which we had our little boy. We started drinking, etc fast forward to me telling him about 3 weeks ago I’ve been buying

Well yeah, I was also more upset at times when my partner lied not using, more upset than by use per se. But that was only when it was accompanied by damage from drugs or booze to same person, again otherwise they wouldn’t lie anyway.

Than again as you both have history of use and started drinking he shouldn’t really be surprised if he found out you started using something else too. I guess you also don’t want to risk him starting with you again.

Honestly more than once I was in situation where person (more or less directly) said – chose between me or drugs… Ain’t hard to guess what’s my usual choice.. and that choice was strongly influenced with me not really caring that much for them anyway in some cases and in other me not being able to accept someone has problem with pretty responsible use.

Fuck I hit post by accident I’m mad overtired. I told him I was shooting it he doesn’t want me to shoot it I tried smoking/snorting and it was so pointless. So all he wants is for me to be truthful but all I want is to inject. He gets so angry too, I’ve told him I want to be honest but he’s scary. Has never hurt me.
Ok so nodded out last night when I started this reply.. he’s also not a real addict like he can have drugs around and not do them, not be on them all the time.. so he doesn’t really see where I’m at. Cuz exactly why WOULD you be surprised I started using shit..
You’re a responsible user? How have you obtained that? I think there’s levels of addicts. My husband for example is very low on the spectrum cuz he can put shit down. Obviously I’m off the charts. I’d love to be able to use responsibly. Have you always been like thst

Really interesting thinking and naming with saying there are simply different levels of addiction. I like it. It could be applied much wider than just on drugs. Now when I think about it like that, maybe I wasn’t ever responsible user nor will be. I remember how silly it sounded to me when I saw that, I think, just more than 2 or 3 joints a week is already considered medium use (and 2 – 3 a week of morphine or coke is medium use by my standards at some points in life and at other 24/7 weed and just psychedelics and dissos 1 – 2 times a week on other). And maybe there’s something to it. There might be those, in a sense real responsible users that get high once or twice a month, their whole world doesn’t revolve around drugs and so on, but those are truly rare. Even some of those who qualify for such definition in reality ain’t such, as some people who use a little and never often but admitted to me that they would end up using till being destroyed completely if chance occurred (I was told so by some people concerning K and opiods).

I can also add that at some points in my life I was more addicted to people, at some to rush and excitement (as described by professional that I’m nihilistic hedonist) and at some to drugs. But should I care and be sad I’m not addicted to stuff deemed OK by accepted standards of society, no way! Not saying that it isn’t right and that I don’t have – not being addicted to absolutely anything – as one of important goals of life either, but to bang around my head and think I’m a fail for enjoying, suffering and seeing much more than those who never walk into part of world so dark that black eats your heart or into world so bright it burns your eyes….

Anyway why smoking meth it isn’t working for you? Needle fixation? I’ll again suggest you try out purifying it and than smoking it...

I accepted that chemically-induced happiness was as good as it was going to get for me at about 16. 38 now and it still rings true and I’ve tried every other which way. So I’m with you on what the fuck I have to be miserable cuz the world says it’s not ok to be on this or that? I’m confused though. All in all. Am I in a level of denial so profound it’s unrecognizable? Denial of what? All I know is that I know nothing, right? Fuck is that Socrates or Plato I can’t remember.
Needle fixation lol yeah in my profession if you miss a stick you suck and born with a tolerance to shit I never even tried b4.

I think only really problematic denial is when health, both mental and physical falls out of priority list and we convince ourself we ain’t doing that much damage. That’s what I think needs to be taken care of first so any other harm stays nothing but a made up social convention. As Shulgin explained nicely how fucked up is that being euphoric is often looked upon like bad while in reality opposite, dysphoric should be looked like a bad state. But sadly when you look world a bit better it really seems like it’s more acceptable to be depressive than really happy if what you do to be happy is even only by slight out of what’s considered acceptable by most people. And it’s so with anything, any taboo of old and new worlds but often even being just a bit more free in some ways.

Hi sorry don’t have a lot of time atm..and you seem like the guy to ask- does mixed up meth like water plus meth lose potency after sitting in a syringe for say 6-12 hours?

Hi sorry don’t have a lot of time atm..and you seem like the guy to ask- does mixed up meth like water plus meth lose potency after sitting in a syringe for say 6-12 hours?
No it doesn’t, it would take much, much longer before it could be noticable.. Only problem is if water is not sterile. That becomes more of a problem the longer it solution sits and the warmer it is. If you used sterile water it’s ok, if not, don’t risk so evaporate water and repeat.

Thank you. It must just be in my head (which is a haunted house and anything is possible). I got that from a QOTSA song. I wonder if they made that up or it was already a saying- head like a haunted house. I think that’s why ghosts never fuck with me, I’m troubled enough lol. Anyway thanks for your time and hope you’re well today