• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Ulcerated missed shot

Cdurules

Bluelighter
Hi, I had a weird missed shot earlier today.. I had go behind my knee which I’ve done before and had mixed results but had no choice. So I would register then feel the burn and see a lump so I’d stop pull back the needle a smidge, re-register and so on. What’s freaking me out is now there’s a painful, ulcerated circle at the site. I’ve missed shots before and never saw anything like this. I’m hoping it’s cuz the skin is thinner behind the knee and meth is caustic.. it’s not abscess-like. Anybody know how worried I should be here? Thanks

go to hospital and have a medical professional look at at it. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this, it is better than losing a leg or worse.

Last edited:
Hi, I had a weird missed shot earlier today.. I had go behind my knee which I’ve done before and had mixed results but had no choice. So I would register then feel the burn and see a lump so I’d stop pull back the needle a smidge, re-register and so on. What’s freaking me out is now there’s a painful, ulcerated circle at the site. I’ve missed shots before and never saw anything like this. I’m hoping it’s cuz the skin is thinner behind the knee and meth is caustic.. it’s not abscess-like. Anybody know how worried I should be here? Thanks
Go the hospital immediately, like priest said, you won’t get into legal trouble.

This will probably kill you if left untreated, if you wait too long to get help, they might have to amputate

Thanks for the advice, I just don’t understand what it is though. Like, it’s not an abscess it’s flat, infection unlikely I always have new gear, so what’s left? Trusted dealer, not first shot from new batch, I was shaking bad and def shredded that poor little vein. Would an arterial missed shot present like this?

Thanks for the advice, I just don’t understand what it is though. Like, it’s not an abscess it’s flat, infection unlikely I always have new gear, so what’s left? Trusted dealer, not first shot from new batch, I was shaking bad and def shredded that poor little vein. Would an arterial missed shot present like this?
Ya it sounds like an infection, There’s also bacteria in the drugs, the air, and non sterilized water

Man, that definitely sounds like an infection. Do as the other guys are saying or you'll regret it later, u could lose a limb for leaving that untreated.

I figured it out.. probably should’ve just googled first lol but anyway it’s a venous ulcer. Common in lower limbs, it’s NOT GOOD cuz they take forever to heal and def can get infected. Treatment is compression, keeping it clean. I’m a vet tech so I have all that shit. Cleaned it with chlorohexidine scrub, put SSD (antibiotic burn cream) on it, bandage and then wrapped snuggly with ace bandage. It’s no worse this morning thank god. If it gets bigger or infected I’ll bite the bullet and go to the hospital. I’m married, told my husband I’d stop using meth IV ( I TRIED smoking/snorting and fuck that it does nothing for me at my tolerance level), so if I can resolve this myself that would be ideal. I suppose stopping entirely would be more ideal.. tried that too and got fat and miserable so what’s a girl to do :/

No one needs to know if you visit hospital. Idk much about such problems caused by I.V. use but know how really bad it can get. Seeing and hearing of damage done by needle during my introduction with drugs made me understand how going that route is like switching from local road to a highway of self-destruction. When I think of cases like girl that lost her leg (she was using heroin) for what? For seconds of rush she wasn’t getting from snorting? For at first getting more bang for her bucks just to soon have sky-high tolerance? Feeling might be unbelievable and person might feel like in some club of those who experienced pleasure at levels not known to average person but consequences are such that just about anyone surviving needle honeymoon soon finds that price of such experience is so high that even if it was hundred times better he/she would still wish never touching it.

What sucks is I know how stupid it is. I know it’s not worth it. I’ve done rehabs, N/A, therapy, eating disorder treatment, antipsychotic meds. Whatever it is that compels me to do this remains. I am scared and I am sad but I push it down and hold onto the distorted belief that I can keep going like this and not lose it all again. Life’s a bitch then you run out of beer, right?

Yeah I know what you mean. But try to not loose it again at least not as much as before or if nothing not in the same way. Easy said hard done but I think once you really experience highs and lows of something it becomes easier to not do exact same mistakes. But that high/low most people have to hit to not fuck up over and over again is pretty narrow a it’s easy to fuck up so bad you end up dead or something or to fuck up that much you keep thinking how it ain’t that bad.

So take little steps and don’t think you have to be some straight model citizen but lay of need for a start and go from there.

Thanks for the support. I’ve used up my 9 lives for sure, and I continue to really just spit in gods face which is just so ignorant of me. Just two weeks ago I od’d on iv coke. Felt good at first then heart started pounding I couldn’t really see or walk, I spider walked cuz my muscles were spasming over to lock the door so nobody would see what was happening. I realized the less I moved the farther from death I felt. I curled up and prayed to just let me live and I’d be done with drugs. Obviously here I am. Still on drugs. I haven’t shot coke again though. So it’s like why do I not take that experience and learn? If anything it reinforces this indestructible mentality if developed after surviving so much. I’ve had rhabdomyolysis from Adderall and iv heroin, couldn’t walk for a few months, sepsis.. anyway I guess I should be posting on the dark side but I just wanted to thank you for responding. Ulcer looks like it’s improving a bit.

I figured it out.. probably should’ve just googled first lol but anyway it’s a venous ulcer. Common in lower limbs, it’s NOT GOOD cuz they take forever to heal and def can get infected. Treatment is compression, keeping it clean. I’m a vet tech so I have all that shit. Cleaned it with chlorohexidine scrub, put SSD (antibiotic burn cream) on it, bandage and then wrapped snuggly with ace bandage. It’s no worse this morning thank god. If it gets bigger or infected I’ll bite the bullet and go to the hospital. I’m married, told my husband I’d stop using meth IV ( I TRIED smoking/snorting and fuck that it does nothing for me at my tolerance level), so if I can resolve this myself that would be ideal. I suppose stopping entirely would be more ideal.. tried that too and got fat and miserable so what’s a girl to do :/
You could try plugging it

P
Tried that as well. With a few drugs. Felt barely anything.
did you clear your bowels COMPLETELY beforehand?
did you break down the water soluble drug in water and inject the water one inch inside your rectum?
Also different drugs have different rectal bioavailabilites

Meth should have the same bioavailability rectal as iv just about

Thanks for the support. I’ve used up my 9 lives for sure, and I continue to really just spit in gods face which is just so ignorant of me. Just two weeks ago I od’d on iv coke. Felt good at first then heart started pounding I couldn’t really see or walk, I spider walked cuz my muscles were spasming over to lock the door so nobody would see what was happening. I realized the less I moved the farther from death I felt. I curled up and prayed to just let me live and I’d be done with drugs. Obviously here I am. Still on drugs. I haven’t shot coke again though. So it’s like why do I not take that experience and learn? If anything it reinforces this indestructible mentality if developed after surviving so much. I’ve had rhabdomyolysis from Adderall and iv heroin, couldn’t walk for a few months, sepsis.. anyway I guess I should be posting on the dark side but I just wanted to thank you for responding. Ulcer looks like it’s improving a bit.
Why don’t you get micron filters? And purify whatever you use with some method you can do at home. Acetone wash + water wash + recrystallizing in alcohol would work great with meth. So first you wash it with anhydrous acetone removing impurities soluble in acetone, than dry it, after that you wash it with distilled water so if there’s water insoluble impurities they stay in a filter, dry it (you can speed it up by heating) and finally disolve it in minimal amount of hot alcohol (methanol is good choice) and remove last bit of liquid when crystals form (let that too dry and when you get enough start again with first step), dry it (remove any dark spots but there probably wont be any because of previous wash) and if meth wasn’t cut with anything with very similar properties (and that isn’t likely and final step of crystallization will likely help if it is) and you’ll end up with very, very pure stuff, easy over 98%. If you use micron filter you can skip water wash as micron filter should catch all that isn’t water soluble. That way you wont risk most of the damage from needle use and could even sometimes use it I.M. instead I.V. both to save veins, to get somewhat longer high and it’s somewhat less addictive ROA. But even if you would continue to use I.V. exclusively it would be a lot safer and make chance of getting infection and other serious problems a lot less likely. And that combined with good I.V. practice like rubbing some alcohol to place where you inject, using only new needles and other suggestions you can find in threads about I.V. use can save you from serious harm.

Getting enough of sleep and eating well and using certain supplements can additionally help you to minimize damage to your brain and body.

As far as rectal prep goes.. I don’t always plan ahead so yknow sometimes it’s good to go other times perhaps not. But I have done like enemas/laxatives if I’m like ok I can’t inject today and still no decent high. It’s just tolerance I think. And some needle fixation lol. With the micron filters/acetone wash for IV.. I guess I’ve only run into issues when I missed a shot so don’t feel inclined to do all that work because I’ve never had an infection. This venous ulcer is resolving thank god but I’m being meticulous with its treatments. You’re saying that also my meth will go farther with all that prep though, right? It’s a lot of science-y stuff I’ve never done before.
I really just want to talk to other meth users about what this life is like. I need to connect. No one knows the truth

Even if you would only use micron filters chances of something really bad happening even when you miss a shot are a lot less and compared to price of drug it’s price is nothing. It’s also possible to filter a lot of meth with one micron filter and than use as needed.

As for purifying meth I think it’s worth for reasons same as with any drug. Pure substances are less damaging and also produce better high. I don’t have much experience with meth (it’s rare where I am so I’ve done it only a few times and I’m not so much into stims tho had a coke habit once) but for example with amphetamine and MDMA even when stuff was fire by standards of just about anyone purifying it was well worth it. I like how my friend described purified MDMA as MDMA 2.0. Most people here constantly claim that impurities in most drugs can’t have no effect but that’s simply not true. Even moonshine or some other booze when made as good as it gets will produce less side-effect/hangover compared to average stuff (I’m not even including stuff with comercialy unacceptable amounts of certain chemicals, and such low/dangerous quality of substances on illegal market isn’t rare at all). Person could ingest all the bad stuff found in 1l of average moonshine and wouldn’t notice anything but same might be enough to produce bad hangover even when consumed via moderate amount of moonshine.

I’m sure you’ll meet someone with a lot of meth experience with some good advices.

When you say no one knows the truth to what are you referring? To that no one around you know you use or something else?

Ah it’s stupid like all addict stories are the same. Mines not interesting, but yeah I’m sure everyone suspects, but I go to work everyday and get angry when people silently treat me differently. I hate that I love to use. It makes me a shitty person. Blah blah. Sober life was more miserable regarding level of depression. But I’ve been in the just about homeless, broke, unemployable state before and that shit is next level hell. I need to tell my husband to tell me if I don’t stop shooting up he’ll leave me. Yet I dont, for a few reasons.

He would leave you only cuz of your meth use? Leaving someone cuz of consequences of drug use is one thing but leaving someone cuz of drug use per se is completely other thing.