Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK - visiting multiple GPs and being prescribed benzodiazepines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogboy

Greenlighter
As someone interested in being prescribed a benzodiazepine of sorts and as a resident of the UK, I went to my local GP and complained of panic attacks. To my dismay however she prescribed me a SSRI of which there is little to no recreational value. I am now contemplating visiting another GP and adjusting my technique slightly, perhaps even explicitly asking for a benzodiazepine if they do not suggest it themselves.

However I am unsure of how this system works; is it even possible to register with two GPs? If I go to register with another GP, will they know I am already registered with a different one? Is this a problem or is this allowed? Is there a system in which they can see I am visiting these two separate medical practices and being prescribed different drugs? If I were able to register and receive an appointment, and if I were to explain these issues of panic attacks to this other GP, could they look on their PC screen and ask, "is this not something you were prescribed a medicine for at a separate practitioner's a few days ago?" Essentially I am wondering if there is a database in which all this information is collected on individuals which the GP could see; obviously it would be undesirable if this new GP looked and saw I had been already been diagnosed and prescribed just a week ago elsewhere. These are all important questions to me as I would prefer for my GP to not suspect that I am attempting to abuse the system to get recreational drugs as it would make future encounters awkward. I'm also unsure of its legality.

Any tips or tricks that others have encountered surrounding being prescribed benzodiazepines/tricking GPs also welcome.

Also unsure of prefix to attach but chose "(admin attention)" as I am unsure of where to put this thread.

Rules have been established to protect Bluelight and its members against abuse. Use of Bluelight for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner which could impair the operation of this site or any other party's use or enjoyment of this site, is strictly prohibited.

Specifically, you may not:

use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;

This includes tricking and/or lying to doctors to get meds.

Rules have been established to protect Bluelight and its members against abuse. Use of Bluelight for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner which could impair the operation of this site or any other party's use or enjoyment of this site, is strictly prohibited.

Specifically, you may not:

use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;

This includes tricking and/or lying to doctors to get meds.

Then what thread wouldn't be disallowed under these rules? If you're discussing drug use in any context then you have obviously bought or been given contraband substances. I read that it's not appropriate to use 'SWIM' or other methods of avoiding self-incrimination so I'm unsure of the proper way of going about asking this question. Regardless, I thank you for informing me and I apologise for my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.