Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK - Urgent questions surrounding GPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogboy

Greenlighter
A revised version of an earlier thread which contained rule-breaking material and so was closed. Hopefully it no longer does so.

I have questions surrounding GPs in the UK for reasons which I cannot disclose but would urgently appreciate answering. I am currently registered with a GP but I am considering going to a different one whilst still registered with the other, but I am unsure of how the GP system works; is it even possible to register with two GPs? If I go to register with a GP, will they know I am already registered with a different one? If they would know, is this a problem or is this allowed? Is there a system in which they can see I am visiting these two separate medical practices and being separately diagnosed? If I were able to register and receive an appointment, and if I were to explain these issues of mine which I cannot disclose here to this other GP, could they just look on their PC screen and ask, "is this not something you were diagnosed with at a separate practitioner's a few days ago?" Essentially I am wondering if there is a database in which all this information is collected on individuals which the GP could see; obviously it would be undesirable if this new GP looked and saw I had been already been diagnosed just a week ago elsewhere. Ideally I would be hoping for a completely disconnected system in which I could stroll around seeing different GPs with none aware of my visiting of any others. These are all important questions to me as I would prefer for my GP to not be informed of an attempt to register with another GP as that would make things awkward between us.

I'm afraid that this will have to be closed as well Trogboy, there is obviously no way to 're-word' whatever your previous post said when it is clear what you are attempting. There is absolutely no practical reason as to why you would want to do this other than for the practise of 'Dr Shopping' - when one attempts to register with multiple G.P's in order to access medication that they have previously been denied. If you are unhappy with a diagnosis or treatment, by all means attempt to get a second opinion but to see different doctors across a range of practises without them having knowledge of your multiple consultations is unethical, a waste of resources and potentially dangerous.

EDIT: Ok, so I have know seen that your previous post, which was closed, confirms my suspicions :\

Status
Not open for further replies.