Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Legal highs wrecked our lives

edgarshade

Bluelighter
The Sun

By JENNA SLOAN
Published: Today at 02:10

Victims reveal the human cost of ‘High Street drugs’

PARTY drug GBL claimed another victim at the weekend when mum Lynette Nock died after taking it at a wake. Lynette, 28, was at a gathering to remember pal Carl Fearon, 24, who had been found dead at his flat last Saturday after taking the same drug. GBL — gamma-butyrolactone — was banned in 2009, after links to four deaths, but had been marketed as a legal high.

Benzo Fury

SOLD AS: “Research chemical pellets”.

COST: £15 per pill.

LAUREN THOMPSON, 26, took legal high Benzo Fury to help her lose weight and beat tiredness.

Lauren, a former admin assistant, from St Austell, Cornwall, said: “In April 2011 I was doing long shifts handling admin and phone work at a call centre. “I suffer from body dysmorphia and was constantly snacking during shifts, going from a size eight to a 14. I hated myself. “My friends complained I wasn’t keeping up with them when we went clubbing and I was constantly tired. “I was desperate to lose weight so I went on to an internet forum where other women were talking about Benzo Fury. It’s completely legal and forum members said it suppressed the appetite.

More...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4294159/Legal-highs-wrecked-our-lives.html

Some of the people in that reports are just downright stupid, the lady who took 2 benzo furys (very similar chemical structure as MDMA and heard its effects are similar aswell) a day to lose weight, I bet if she researched a bit more that wouldn't of happened. Also noticed all the people in the report are women tehe.

It never seizes to amaze me that people will take drugs with little to no knowledge of them. Lots of people don't even know what the name of the medications they take every day are. Illegal drugs are often done with similar ignorance. If only drug users educated themselves about the chemicals they risk their lives with then OD's and things like this would never happen.

I can't imagine taking 2x 6-APB pills a day to lose weight. It's like taking a general anaesthetic, Michael Jackson style, as a sleeping aid.

UK media wrecked our lives - Victims reveal the human cost of 'media-led ignorance'

I Have no sympathy for anybody who fucks their lives up using powerful drugs to lose weight. It's a simple formula - eat less and move more. (or failing that just eat relatively healthy ffs)

If this was something I was going to do, i'd sure as hell read up about what i'm putting in my body y'know? jesus some peoples excuses.

This article is full of retards who brought it upon themself.
I mean look at this quote “I don’t do drugs and I broke no laws but I almost ruined my life.”
Because apparently if something is legal it is not a drug? The ignorance is astounding, how can people just take stuff without finding out what they are putting into their body first?

Instead of D.A.R.E at schools where cops (yeah i know cops...) teach you what drugs do. Instead how about we get a registered pharmacologist to actually explain the effects and dosages of illegal drugs. Lying about drugs is not a solution on how to not take drugs. Education should be why people should not take certain drugs. It’s funny how we don’t think of the stupidness of people (RIP whoever died) but seriously it is the peoples fault. It is not the chemical that is doing it.. Yet with drug propaganda most people think it’s the chemical that kills, and the people taking it are just innocent bystanders.... REALLY!?!?!

It should read: "Irresponsible drug consumption wrecked our lives"

Last edited:
It should read: "Irresponsible drug consumption wrecked out lives"

yep

"because they were legal I assumed they must be safe"

"had a plastic bag over his head to increase the intensity and suffocated"