• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK: Ketamine death of public schoolgirl an 'act of stupidity which destroyed family'

7zark7

Bluelight Crew
[size=+1]Ketamine death of public schoolgirl an 'act of stupidity which destroyed family'[/size]
The family of Ellie Rowe, 18, warn of the dangers of the drug as the Government announce they will upgrade it from a Class C to a Class B

The father of an "intelligent, caring" 18-year-old girl who died after taking ketamine has described how "one act of stupidity has destroyed our family".
Public schoolgirl Ellie Rowe, who wanted to become a lawyer, took the class C drug while attending the Boomtown Fair festival in Winchester, Hampshire, last summer.
Speaking after inquest her family said that they hoped her death would be a sad reminder to others of the dangers of taking illegal drugs, especially when mixed with alcohol.
The warnings come on the same day the Government announced they are upgrading ketamine from a Class C to a Class B banned substance.
Her mother, Wendy Teasdill, 56, who works as a yoga teacher, said: "Our beloved daughter and sister was the heart of our family. Six months later we are still in a state of shock.

Article continues…

ketamine_2819960i.jpg

My heart goes out to her family and I hope they can find some measure of piece soon<3

A terrible story. It hits home because many of us would have been in their situation before, ie checking that a friend is breathing while they're in a deep k-hole. How sad that in this case the worst happened.

This is a prime example of how a little bit of harm reduction knowledge could have saved this girls life.

If the government really cared for these people this would be taught in classes or printed on a packet with legal ketamine inside and dosage recommendation effect and so on.

Making it harder to get and more illegal to posses only will cause more death and more crime.

Truely tragic.

This is tragic.

I truly cant recall ever hearing of people dying from reasonable ketamine doses. Ive heard of people dying from taking upwards of 10g up the nose at once but that takes a special kind of stupid.

Was it just ketamine or a mixture of ketamine with downers?

Ketamine with Alcohol. Although the alcohol part is somewhat played down in the source I saw (BBC).

Damn. Ketamine and alcohol is a very common combination, and I've never heard of an overdose occurring. This is much more bad luck than stupidity.

Terribly sad.
But the government is using this as part of their propaganda, which is also sad.
And, I agree with what rappergonebad said.