European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK Ketamine Clinics…?

Metamorpheus

Bluelighter
I’m asking if anyone here has any info on clinics which provide ketamine for the treatment of depression. I’ve been in contact with AWAKN in Bristol and London but the costs are out of my budget. Does anyone know of any NHS provider or of a way to access clinical trials? If not obvious, I’ve found ketamine to be uniquely effective in helping my depressive episodes as a result of having bipolar but with the UK market as it currently is, obtaining quality ketamine is almost impossible and very expensive (and disappointing) in pursuing.

I’m asking if anyone here has any info on clinics which provide ketamine for the treatment of depression. I’ve been in contact with AWAKN in Bristol and London but the costs are out of my budget. Does anyone know of any NHS provider or of a way to access clinical trials? If not obvious, I’ve found ketamine to be uniquely effective in helping my depressive episodes as a result of having bipolar but with the UK market as it currently is, obtaining quality ketamine is almost impossible and very expensive (and disappointing) in pursuing.

Very interested to hear any replies to this. Ketamine however is not remotely hard to find in very pure form here in the UK. The costs of these things always seem to be very prohibative for a regular guy like myself.

That said you're looking in the wrong places if you are finding bad quality or expensive ketamine. I did a gram of pure S isomer earlier that cost me less than £10 for the one.

Even that i notice has given me some very slight cramp symptoms. Which is obscene really but also something i always found more of an issue with the S(+) isomer.

I wonder what the dosing protocol at one of these places really is? I'm considering doing K regularly say like once per week. But i assume even a g like that is too much and not good for the bladder. And i'm too old to be going through the motions with any further drug addictions or pain/discomforts. I wonder would 1 x 250mg dose every 5 days or something be like the ideal amount for anxiety/depression?

Last edited:
Don't know about NHS but in other european health systems it's avaliable and free, but it is hard to get and, of course, it's not for everyone. It's not like you walk into the doctor's ofice and just ask for it as you ask for an ssri. You have to suffer, and have suffered for a time, a very serious condition, at least have undergone two conventional treatments to no avail and other parameters. The average (es)ketamine patients here are these legit extreme cases who have been in bed for years, people heavily traumatized by horrific events and so on.
I bet that if the NHS provides such treatment their admission policy would be like that or very similar.

Doing a search, it seems Oxfordshire has an NHS route into ketamine infusions as long as you get a referral from a psychiatrist. They clearly state that any referrals from outside the county are incredibly likely to be refused. Hopefully there’s a general movement towards providing this more nationally but we’ll see.

Very interested to hear any replies to this. Ketamine however is not remotely hard to find in very pure form here in the UK. The costs of these things always seem to be very prohibative for a regular guy like myself.

That said you're looking in the wrong places if you are finding bad quality or expensive ketamine. I did a gram of pure S isomer earlier that cost me less than £10 for the one.

Even that i notice has given me some very slight cramp symptoms. Which is obscene really but also something i always found more of an issue with the S(+) isomer.

I wonder what the dosing protocol at one of these places really is? I'm considering doing K regularly say like once per week. But i assume even a g like that is too much and not good for the bladder. And i'm too old to be going through the motions with any further drug addictions or pain/discomforts. I wonder would 1 x 250mg dose every 5 days or something be like the ideal amount for anxiety/depression?
Pisses me off that because of legislation against it, mxe has never been given clinical trials. I have a load of messages from people stating mxe worked, even when ketamine didn't in treating intractable depression.
I always said to my wife that I would love it if on my deathbed I could say I left this world a better place than the one I was born into...