• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Travel UK Hitchhiking advice

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Well I hope anyone from the UK can give me advice but I am open to anyone's experience across the whole globe.

I've wanted to go "On The Road" from where I live in the middle of the UK down to Cornwall then walk a coastal path, camping on the beach or field during the long & hot summer, this year I am doing it for sure as the last 9-11 months I've really got into staying outside in a cave known as "The Witch cave" aka "Meg O Fox's hole" as the sandstone cave was used as a home in the 15th century for a local witch, mystic & healer.

Any BL posters into wild camping, going on the road etc? The American people are so lucky in my view, I'd hop trains, travel by foot, truck & box-cart from Northwest California all the way round to El Paso or even N.W. California to Cape Cod on the East Coast.

Shit, I read that as 'Megan Fox's hole'. What a disappointment... :ROFLMAO:

But I don't know about hitchhiking in the UK these days. I used to hitchhike everywhere and never had problems getting a lift, but you just don't see it anymore and I'm on the road a lot.

You're more likely to get picked up and raped by bent coppers or press ganged into County lines drug dealing than reach your destination these days...

Is this a serious question? I mean I lived in the woods behind the VA in Columbus, Ohio I’m a tent and that shit sucked lol, but it had its benefits. I was just tucked up mentally and going thru some shut so maybe that’s why it sucked so bad. These days I don’t relish the idea of being homeless lol.

Is this a serious question? I mean I lived in the woods behind the VA in Columbus, Ohio I’m a tent and that shit sucked lol, but it had its benefits. I was just tucked up mentally and going thru some shut so maybe that’s why it sucked so bad. These days I don’t relish the idea of being homeless lol.
Yes it's a legit question.

You never got sick of this "culture" we live in & wanted to go on the road to test your metal & see what you are really made of?
Living in a tent while walking Cornwall to me seems a great idea if I'm honest. People walk from the edge of Scotland to the south coast (1,200 miles) quite regular in the UK.

You never got sick of this "culture" we live in & wanted to go on the road to test your metal & see what you are really made of?
Living in a tent while walking Cornwall to me seems a great idea if I'm honest. People walk from the edge of Scotland to the south coast (1,200 miles) quite regular in the UK.
Well I libe in the states and I’ve literally done that. I loved like that for most of my 20s after I got out the army. I mean like 6-7 years I lived like that and yeah it was freeing but very lonely and depressing. I don’t want to reexperience those years.

did u manage to get on alright back packing? Cornwall is lovely