• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Drinking too much water killed man, 29

^^^what does that article have to do with defibrillation?

lol, I thought that might have been the case, i re-read the article twice and was like, hrm, not sure, maybe mixed up deliberate. :)

Yeah, Anna Wood, an Australian teenager died in similar circumstances

I remember this. I read the book Anna's story about it. Paradoxically, it had the opposite effect on me as a teen and i started using drugs....whoops

That "drug" being water, of course.

MDMA (if that's what was in the tablet) would have played a significant part in his death. It increases the amount of ADH in your body which stops you excreting excess water as efficiently, which can then lead to hyponatraemia if you drink too much water. A bit of HR advice would have saved this guy.

Also bollocks did it get slipped in his drink. His parents just said that because they didn't think he'd take MD and now all the newspapers are saying it like it's what happened.

Taking MDMA has absolutely no effect on my thirst. I've never known anybody to be any more thirsty on it either. Is that even a real side effect? I've had it with pipe pills right enough.

Taking MDMA has absolutely no effect on my thirst. I've never known anybody to be any more thirsty on it either. Is that even a real side effect? I've had it with pipe pills right enough.

Well it makes you overheat so yeah it does make most people either thirsty or makes them drink more because they're hot. Obviously in most cases people just drink a bottle of water an hour and there are no problems.

I think some people, particularly first time takers, believe in the urban legend that if you take ecstasy, you have to take alot of water or else something bad will happen. But the water I assume is mostly because people sweat alot at raves and they dont want to get dehydrated.

If you know that taking Ecstacy is going to make you more thirsty, but less able to tolerate water, you have to fight the instinct to take more water than you would normally. I wonder if part of this is because many MDMA/Ecstacy related deaths are due to symptoms related to Dehyrdation & Heatstroke & advice about Hydration has gotten through, but not the advice that too much hydration is equally unhealthy!

Well it makes you overheat so yeah it does make most people either thirsty or makes them drink more because they're hot. Obviously in most cases people just drink a bottle of water an hour and there are no problems.

Ideally, you'd eat a bag of crisps too. Even these levels of hydration could be problematic without salts! You cannot metabolise the water without the salts that are being sweated out, & on top of that your ability to metabolise the water is being slowed by the action of MDMA/Ecstacy. Your entire system is being taxed further by staying up all night & burning energy heavilly when you'd normally be asleep.

Lucozade, or other Re-Hydration drinks will help more than simple "water"... & you only need to compensate for what you're losing. It's not a good idea to spend the night sitting around buzzing on pills drinking bottle after bottle of water. If you're dancing & sweating loads, on the other hand, then you must compensate for it!

Last edited:
Better yet, eat a salt bagel and drink water, that way you get carbs (sugar that lasts), NaCl, and water all at once

^ lmao.

Next time your with someone who is rolling, give them a salt bagel and tell them to eat it. See how well that goes over lol

I drink half water half gatorade personally

tumblr_lw1w2jr6cg1qfhlipo1_500.jpg