Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK -Catford all night raves on residential street drive neighbours crazy

edgarshade

Bluelighter
This is Local London

3:30pm Monday 13th May 2013

With reader comments

A SERIES of all-night raves lasting up to 16 hours in a Catford residential street are driving the neighbours crazy.

Bug-eyed, boozing revellers at a house in Brookdale Road have been puffing drugs, urinating on cars and dancing until 3.30pm the next afternoon, while one neighbour who tried to intervene had her sunglasses knocked from her face and stomped into the pavement.

But despite calls from rattled and sleep-deprived residents about the problems - which started last summer - they say Lewisham Council officers have failed to stop the music and police cars have just driven on by.

More...
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/..._on_residential_street_drive_neighbours_crazy

They're not going to do anyone any favours like this. I'm all up for people having a good shindig but in the middle of a terraced residential street?

People use warehouses and forests for a reason. There is partying and pissing off a few countryside mini-mansion owners a mile away and then there's pissing off a whole street of pretty average people from 10m away.

Maybe i'm just bitter that this seems to have been allowed to continue while stuff like this is happening elsewhere:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-22517128

Here is a reader comments about the incident...

Bloobloo says...
10:25pm Thu 16 May 13
What a load of inaccurate codswallop! These parties are frequented by mature individuals who simply enjoy a night out. There are no crimes being committed and the tone of this article is simply ludicrous. Terms such as "bug eyed boozing revellers" are downright offensive.

Is this the Sun now? Is the News Shopper into sensationalism?

The so called neighbour who allegedly tried to intervene and had her glasses destroyed, persistently tried to provoke those in the vicinity. She made racist comments, tried her very best to antagonise those outside by poking, pushing and knocking things over and was studiously ignored despite her efforts.

Any requests from neighbours were respectfully acknowledged and music turned down if so asked. "The original ranter" (the name says it all) proposes wasting valuable police resources stopping and searching party goers for what purpose? There is no damage to property, no violence and no low level crime being committed.

The police are better served on the streets preventing and dealing with real crime rather than targeting mature adults on a night out. Offensive weapons, you wish!!

Eyes popping out of their heads? I have never read such a load of inaccurate rubbish since I once looked at the Daily Sport!

Sort it out News Shopper, I normally rely on you for accurate local news, however this is disappointing, sensationalist and offensive.

Well, that's what I get for expecting accurate reporting from a newspaper chain owned by the daily mail group.

Terrace Day Raves , say a bank holiday.

GOOD IDEA , Fine, have fun invite some DJ's

At night pissing everyone off and being disrespectful cunts? nar your just scum. People gotta sleep for work school etc, what about emergency service workers (like ambulance and firefighters not a fan of the other kind lol )

I hate this kinda thing, it puts the authoritues on edge for much lesser anti-social activity's in the area & draws negative attention to dance culture. If yo can afford a tenner to visit some blokes house party, why not go see a real live band or go proper clubbing?

Perhaps some promoters should consider a return to the day-time clubbing thing that appeared, and disappeared, a few years ago. I use to love clubbing during the day! Great reason to get up early at the weekend! ;)

Re. people pissing on cars - who came up with that one, and what's the point? Are they going the extra step to make sure everyone knows where their territory ends? What a load of nutty-brown bullpoop.

Just to set the record straight I wouldnt give two fucks if someone pissed on my car tyre, I have no feelings towards it. Now will I ever get close enough to be friends with it