• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin UK Afghan #3

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
So I've always been told the gear in the UK which can be smoked & injected is known as Afghan #3 so my question is why is it called this? Is there an Afghan #4 or #2 and #1?

What's the difference between them all? Also anyone have any idea why white heroin is never seen for sale on UK streets?

I know England has the highest rate of drug use in Europe but what's the heroin quality like in other places in Europe? Say places like Franc, Spain, Holland etc?

Does England get the worst quality in the whole of Europe? I don't mean places inside the EEA btw folks, I've seen the quality of street heroin in Norway & I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy to say the very least & a single bag was 300% more expensive than what I'm used to paying!!!!

As far as I'm aware, the numbering system is not specific to Afghani gear, rather it denotes the major steps in the process towards heroin.

Don't quote me on this as my memory is a bit shit, but this is the general gist...

#1 is your refined opium
#2 is morphine base
#3 is diacetylmorphine base (which is what we generally get)
#4 is diacetylmorphine hydrochloride (heroin)

Don't forget, 'Heroin' is only a brand name for diacetylmorphine hydrochloride. So the only true heroin is #4. Soluble in water with no citric required...

Last edited:
Whats general purity like in england. Any been tested recently that can give some indicatiion?

Number 1 is afgahn brown US style (a salt and water soluble don't know much more)

Number 2 is black tar (basically refined to heroin directly from opium hence the appearance)

Number 3 is afghan brown UK style so heroin freebase .

Number 4 is China white, in theory the purest. Believe is heroin HCL?

just different manifestations of the same drug

EDIT unsure if I'm getting the first two mixed up

The numbering system is originally from the DEA as I recall, it was listing out different stages in heroin production and kinda just stuck around as labels in junkie lore.

#1 and #2 are intermediate stages as I recall and don't really reflect anything you'd be using.

Base heroin, generally brown heroin that needs an acid to dissolve, is #3.
Heroin hydrochloride, which is usually white or close to white, dissolves easily on its own, and is #4.

To my knowledge tar doesn't quite fit in any of these categories and is somewhat in its own category.

To my knowledge tar doesn't quite fit in any of these categories and is somewhat in its own category.

Yeah that's right. TBH the "numbers system" has always seemed to me like a weird and archaic way of classifying street heroin...in the USA it's basically useless as a descriptor, as all heroin you're likely find is either #4 or tar, which isn't included in the system

For the longest time in Australia all I'd seen is #4, though #3 has been showing up over the last couple years. There's no tar, I've never seen any anyway.

So if you get China white? How do you make it safe to insert into your butt? Can't u just ad water?