Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK -‘Legal high’ set to get 12-month ban

edgarshade

Bluelighter
This is Wiltshire

9:20am Tuesday 20th March 2012

With reader comments

A DANGEROUS legal high sold to the Adver by a website is set to be temporarily outlawed within weeks. Methoxetamine, known as MXE or Mexxy, is likely to be banned under new powers being used by the Home Office. South Swindon MP Robert Buckland has cited temporary banning orders as a key tool in the fight against legal highs.

MXE is sold as a legal alternative to party drug ketamine – intended for use as a horse tranquiliser.

A ban on mephedrone and other legal highs in 2010 only resulted in producers renaming and altering the compositions. MXE, which is likely to be banned within the next two weeks, is on a Home Office fast-track system after being linked to the deaths of a man and a woman.

More...
http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/9599746.___Legal_high____set_to_get_12_month_ban/

Say goodbye to Mexy Brits. It's gonna be '"that shit I had last night was almost pre-ban quality" from now on.

Why don't they just call it what it is and say they're banning it without any research? We all know that there's no way they'll reverse the 'temporary' ban, it's just rhetoric to allow them to sidestep the proper process.

Fuck! I got some of my best mxe from the UK. I dread the day when i see this article in the USA.

This is so fucked up man, mxe seems to be the least harmful RC.

At least people in the UK only have to take a short trip to get to some other country where this stuff isn't banned. Most of us Americans have to drive pretty damn far.