• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

ugh.. meth comedown & a panic attack

dr katz

Bluelighter
Got my first panic attack a little bit ago... it was possibly the scariest feeling. It hit out of nowhere, like 9 hours after my last line. I felt fine, surprisingly fine but then BAM. I had totry so hard to nnot completely believe it was a heart attack. Numb, tingly, slightly painful left arm, my heart rate increased so much so fast, I felt disoriented and so scared. It's almost impossible not to freak yourself out (I'm pretty good at not psyching myself out while coming down). I was a second away from calling 911 but thankfully my boyfriend knew exactly what was happening (he has agoraphobia and ptsd) he helped me calm down a little. I honestly thought I might die. Then I got slight chest tightness and a slight choking sensation and an immediate urge to pee. Ugh... anyone else go through this horribly scared and helpless panic attack? My arms still a little weird but I feel much better compared to then. Also, if anyone reading this eventually experiences this, it's ok. I promise. It's so scary but it isn't a heart attack. Just take deep steady breaths and lay down. Try as hard as you can to not scare yourself. It'll stop eventually, but do what you can to not make the attack worse.

I have panic disorder and use meth frequently and have learned just to live with it. Go to the doctor and get your heart rate, blood pressure, and maybe bloodwork/EKG done and they'll show you all your levels are fine. Then when you are thinking you are having a heart attack you have proof you aren't. I went to over four doctors over the course of six months and all the results were fine.

The only people who get heart attacks from meth are those who have weak hearts and even vigorous exercise would've caused the same results, or those who do an insanely high amount of it (talking like multiple grams with no tolerance).

Drugs don't just randomly kill people, despite the idiocy spread by the paranoid masses who know nothing, if you don't have a weak heart, you use a reasonable dose, you won't die, period. You CAN'T die in fact, it is scientifically impossible.

Just don't do too much physical activity if you are on stims, because you think you can do more than you can, although our limits are actually much higher than people think, it is people who do stuff like snort a shitload of meth and go for a marathon that die, not people who smoke a few points and sit around.

I have panic disorder and use meth frequently and have learned just to live with it. Go to the doctor and get your heart rate, blood pressure, and maybe bloodwork/EKG done and they'll show you all your levels are fine. Then when you are thinking you are having a heart attack you have proof you aren't. I went to over four doctors over the course of six months and all the results were fine.

The only people who get heart attacks from meth are those who have weak hearts and even vigorous exercise would've caused the same results, or those who do an insanely high amount of it (talking like multiple grams with no tolerance).

Drugs don't just randomly kill people, despite the idiocy spread by the paranoid masses who know nothing, if you don't have a weak heart, you use a reasonable dose, you won't die, period. You CAN'T die in fact, it is scientifically impossible.

Just don't do too much physical activity if you are on stims, because you think you can do more than you can, although our limits are actually much higher than people think, it is people who do stuff like snort a shitload of meth and go for a marathon that die, not people who smoke a few points and sit around.
That's what I heard but it was scary :( never had one before and with no warning it Just hits me like a truck. I tried my hardest to stay calm. Also I stay super hydrated and keep a close eye on my body temp when on stims (actually, every drugs but stims im strict with) and I'm careful not to over work my body

sorry you had to go through that katz. its absolutely terrifying. glad to hear youre feeling a little better now. try and get some rest. <3

...kytnism...:|

That's what I heard but it was scary :( never had one before and with no warning it Just hits me like a truck. I tried my hardest to stay calm. Also I stay super hydrated and keep a close eye on my body temp when on stims (actually, every drugs but stims im strict with) and I'm careful not to over work my body

Yep, sorry it happened to you, they really do suck and are terrifying the first time. Even though I know I'm fine, sometimes the anxiety still makes me unsure, it is a rough thing, and the more you worry the worse it gets.

I feel for you, I really do. Becareful with too much hydration though, that can cause water intoxication and kill people. A good test is your urine. If it is dark, then you are dehydrated, if it is clear, you have drunk too much water, the ideal color should be like light yellow/partially clear. Another thing to avoid water intoxication, is to drink things like Gatorade, sodas, juice, anything with sodium in it. If you drink these instead of just water, it helps to prevent your electrolytes from getting crazy which is the main problem with over-hydration. Or just eat salty food with regular water.

But don't feel free you can't exercise either. I lift weights, dance, and walk for hours at a time on and off stimulants, and I'm fine. In fact exercise with meth is a great idea because you get the energy and motivation, and it helps with the comedown immensely. You can also get panic attacks from not even using drugs, I do. It is just something that happens to some people. I never use to get them, now I do, which blows.

Something to strongly consider is getting a hold of some benzos for when these panic attacks are really bad. Alcohol also works, but not as well. Of course the problem with this is if you are using meth to stat the day and benzos to end the day, it can be a really bad habit, so I recommend just using the benzos when it is really rough, like a multi-day binge or a stressful time in your life.

In summary...

+ Go to the doctor and get your heart checked out. When you find the results are fine, use this as re-assurance during your next panic attack (although hopefully you don't get them again).
+ Possibly consider getting a device to measure blood pressure and heart rate to ease your fears, although this can become a compulsive thing so I wouldn't recommend it as anxiety can make you doubt everything.
+ Healthy diet, exercise, try to get some sleep will also reduce these problems, as well as avoiding mixing too many stimulants and having benzos on hand.
+ Realize an actual heart attack you won't be able to move around at all, and if you can talk, you can still breathe, use this tactic to help fight your mind from tricking you.
+ Get to the source of panic attacks. Usually they are a subconcious way of our minds telling us we aren't taking care of ourselves.
+ Even though it is hard, try to distract yourself with something else. The more you try to not think about it, the more you will think about it.
+ Try belly breathing. With panic attacks we tend to breathe from the chest instead of the stomach, so you get the tightness from muscle soreness, not actual heart problems. (read here for more info: http://www.anxietycoach.com/breathingexercise.html)
+ Get your boyfriend to rub your chest. This can greatly reduce the chest tightness as the muscle that causes this feeling is sore and needs relaxation.

Other than that I'd say you could lay off stimulants, but in my experience, it doesn't make much difference. Sorry it happened to you, I have the same problem and it does suck.

Yep, sorry it happened to you, they really do suck and are terrifying the first time. Even though I know I'm fine, sometimes the anxiety still makes me unsure, it is a rough thing, and the more you worry the worse it gets.

I feel for you, I really do. Becareful with too much hydration though, that can cause water intoxication and kill people. A good test is your urine. If it is dark, then you are dehydrated, if it is clear, you have drunk too much water, the ideal color should be like light yellow/partially clear. Another thing to avoid water intoxication, is to drink things like Gatorade, sodas, juice, anything with sodium in it. If you drink these instead of just water, it helps to prevent your electrolytes from getting crazy which is the main problem with over-hydration. Or just eat salty food with regular water.

But don't feel free you can't exercise either. I lift weights, dance, and walk for hours at a time on and off stimulants, and I'm fine. In fact exercise with meth is a great idea because you get the energy and motivation, and it helps with the comedown immensely. You can also get panic attacks from not even using drugs, I do. It is just something that happens to some people. I never use to get them, now I do, which blows.

Something to strongly consider is getting a hold of some benzos for when these panic attacks are really bad. Alcohol also works, but not as well. Of course the problem with this is if you are using meth to stat the day and benzos to end the day, it can be a really bad habit, so I recommend just using the benzos when it is really rough, like a multi-day binge or a stressful time in your life.

In summary...

+ Go to the doctor and get your heart checked out. When you find the results are fine, use this as re-assurance during your next panic attack (although hopefully you don't get them again).
+ Possibly consider getting a device to measure blood pressure and heart rate to ease your fears, although this can become a compulsive thing so I wouldn't recommend it as anxiety can make you doubt everything.
+ Healthy diet, exercise, try to get some sleep will also reduce these problems, as well as avoiding mixing too many stimulants and having benzos on hand.
+ Realize an actual heart attack you won't be able to move around at all, and if you can talk, you can still breathe, use this tactic to help fight your mind from tricking you.
+ Get to the source of panic attacks. Usually they are a subconcious way of our minds telling us we aren't taking care of ourselves.
+ Even though it is hard, try to distract yourself with something else. The more you try to not think about it, the more you will think about it.
+ Try belly breathing. With panic attacks we tend to breathe from the chest instead of the stomach, so you get the tightness from muscle soreness, not actual heart problems. (read here for more info: http://www.anxietycoach.com/breathingexercise.html)
+ Get your boyfriend to rub your chest. This can greatly reduce the chest tightness as the muscle that causes this feeling is sore and needs relaxation.

Other than that I'd say you could lay off stimulants, but in my experience, it doesn't make much difference. Sorry it happened to you, I have the same problem and it does suck.
I drink A LOT of water, which is bad. I'llhhave to retrain my body, I always have to have water at least in arms length of me. I think I'm so attached to water because when I was like 14 I did ecstasy moderately and one night just didn't have enough and felt like passing out. As soon as I got water I dumped it on my head because I was over heating, then drank some and felt awesome but after that I always always have water on stims and basically any drug. I'll have to taper down and let my body realize that I won't dehydrate if I'm drinking a bit less.

My bf gets prescribed xanax 1mg (90 of the little things) a month so we always (lately) take 1 1/2 - 2 but of course the one time we don't have any is When I need it most lol.

Yeah my bf gets panic attacks which is why he knew right off the bat that it was one. Part of me knew I was going to be ok after he reassured me but right when it hit it was terrifying and id feel a little calm then bam the overwhelming fear would hit again. He had just gotten out of the shower too, if he was in there while it hit I would have been even more concerned which would have probably made the whole thing 10x worse.

He said that he'll give me a massage tonight which will be awesome, he's crashed out right now though so I'm going to let him gather his energy, stims effect him harder emotionally.

Also I definitely want to give stims a break for awhile. After today I'm definitely going to consider panic attacks happening so I can make the next one (hopefully I won't actually have another but ya know) a little less horrible and ill for sure take all your advice

@PsychedelicWizard:
Sorry to bump an old thread but as someone who was suffering a mild panic attack, your post was very soothing, especially about the belly breathing. I do have to disagree with you on one point.

If you are going through meth-induced anxiety, do not check your blood pressure or heart rate. Both will undoubtedly be elevated. If you're in the early stages of a panic attack, then much more so. Checking them can easily lead to more anxiety which in turn leads to even higher blood pressure and heart rate. As you check again and again, this can easily lead to a full blown panic attack.

Instead, realize you're not going to die. Someone out there has taken TWICE as much as you, and they survived just fine. Force down 3 cups of water, take 2 aspirins, and go on a power walk around your neighborhood. The oxygen-rich fresh air as well as the engaging act of exercise will take your mind off things.

I have been having panic attacks for years now.. started with mixing drugs.. then I got arrested and did a few months in jail.. and got out and had panic episodes anytime I tried smoking weed again! It was terrible... then my brother passed away.. at 24 yrs old... he was hit by a car... his autopsy showed he was in the first stages of heart disease... so now anytime a doctor tells me I am fine and my heart is good.. I somehow will justify it as they just havent found the broken parts yet... meth and me dont mix.. I feel awesome for a few hours then when I hit that point of only crashing no matter how many hits i take and my body is feeling off and weird and I get scared.... i refuse to even smoke a cig because I'm that convinced itll push me over the edge.. it's a vicious cycle of hell and I keep doing it to myself over and over again...I am 31.. I started using at 13... my body cant take much more and I feel deep down maybe that's why I have those attacks.. cuz I know where I'm headed...

I get more panic attacks sober

I know my mind is shit

It’s best used in very low doses. Sleep each night. Force food in you. Take days off frequently.