• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Uber Potentiation Combo

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
What would you suggest adding or substituting for something I'm already using to best potentiate my Suboxone? What risks are there involved with any possible additions/substitutions? And the risks involved with the drugs I'm already using to potentiate my Suboxone?

I'm prescribed 8mg of Suboxone a day, but find that 6mg works fine. I've been using Diphenhydramine and Cimetidine to potentiate my dose. Sometimes I only day 4mg; very rarely with I take 12mg; only once have I taken 16mg. With the Diphenhydramine and Cimetidine, I don't find any point in taking more than 6-8mg, however.

• I dose with my Suboxone normally around noon, or in the early-mid afternoon.
  • About an hour or 45 minutes before I dose with the Suboxone, I take 800mg of Cimetidine. About an hour or two after I dose the Suboxone I take another 200-400mg of Cimetidine.
  • With the Suboxone I take 100mg of Diphenhydramine. Some days I will take up to another 100mg with my second dose of Cimetidine.

I don't find I need to take the Cimetidine every day, as I feel it's effect trailing into the next day.

The only other drugs/supplements I take on an every day basis are Piracetam (1.5g in the morning). I must say I'm in love with the nootropic effects of this racetam. Although I don't plan on giving it up, would doing so would make any significant difference in terms of my quest to get the most out of this Suboxone potentiation experiment?

Another aside - What effect would having a drink or two, like a 5% beer or something, have on top of this drug cocktail? I mean, I'm not a big drinker, so I doubt I'd have more than three drinks, and even that is unlikely. Would I get tired more easily from the alcohol? Is there any danger in my indigence in a drink or two on those few and far between special occasions?

There's an opiate potentiation thread around here somewhere, in Other Drugs...I recommend taking a look through that as well.

I find that doses above 50-75mg of diphenhydramine overwhelm the opiate experience (and I'm using buprenorphine too). If 100mg works for you, go for it, but for most people, 100mg of diphenhydramine is too much for potentiation (even if you're trying to nod).

I wouldn't take any potentiators regularly, especially if I was on a maintenance drug like suboxone. I generally save them for when I have a smaller amount of a drug than needed to get me as high as I would like, and/or trying to stretch out the amount that I have over a longer period of time.

I would think that taking diphenhydramine and cimetidine regularly would result in them not working properly if you ever need to use them as directed.

As for the alcohol, suboxone always made me have worse hangovers even if I just drank a couple of beers. Respiratory depression is an obvious concern when mixing CNS depressants, so I recommend against it for those 2 reasons.

I've found DXM potentiates bupe fairly well, I take 60 - 80mg half an hour before dosing and another 30mg 12 hours later. The difference isn't as radical as it is with codeine, but DXM definitely seems to increase the effects. Also seems to slow down the development of tolerance too.

Okay, the following is the best everyday way I have found to get the MOST out of my Suboxone: using ethanol infused mouth wash directly before putting my strip under my tongue. No washing my mouth with water after, just from Listerine to Suboxone. OMG this really frick'n works! That paired with some Benadryl. Adding Tagemet and about 90mg DXM to the mix also helps, but I didn't like how it all made me feel after doing it everyday for a week. I mean, with all those potentiators in the mix I find the high so sedating, albeit mildly so, I almost become unconcerned with the fact I'm high. Strange...

Since getting over the horrible irritation using the strips intranasally initially caused, I also find, like with the pills before, Suboxone to be best, in my case at least (therapeutically and recreationally speaking), via the nose. I wonder what effect the alcohol would have if I mixed a little in the solution before putting into my nostrils, but I'm too scared of the burn to even seriously consider it. I'm even a woos when it comes to the "gentle" burn of the mouth wash, and that's when it's in my mouth (plus adding a little alcohol to a solution of morphine I plugged a long time ago burned my rectum enough so I will never put booze up my ass again... prob not the worst idea, huh?).

I don't think that mixing alcohol with suboxone to sniff would increase the effects, and it would definitely burn. Using alcohol under your tongue before sublingual administration of the suboxone is known in increase the BA by ~10%, but I don't think that it would increase the nasal BA.

Good to know I guess. Yea... I don't plan on snorting any alcohol anytime soon... or anytime at all.

Have a look at Taimepedia's list of Opiate Potentiation:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NqaAlkVIJz4J:taimapedia.org/index.php%3Ftitle%3DOpiate_Potentiation+taimapedia+opiate+potentiation&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

I find taking two or three 50mg Diphenhydramine pills and/or Benzo's (10mg Diazapam works best with it's half-life being the longest at 200 h) and crushing up a two or three 0.1mg pills of Clonidine and mixing it with a good dosage of solid smack intensifies the rush best. Also, take Magnesium daily as it increases the opiate's analgesic effects.

Wtf? You mean shooting dope then taking subs for potenation? Wtf

I find taking two or three 50mg Diphenhydramine pills and/or Benzo's (10mg Diazapam works best with it's half-life being the longest at 200 h) and crushing up a two or three 0.1mg pills of Clonidine and mixing it with a good dosage of solid smack intensifies the rush best. Also, take Magnesium daily as it increases the opiate's analgesic effects.[/QUOTE]

would it be safe to take 50-75mg diphenhydramine and 2-4mg of klonopin before dosing about 2-3mg sub sublingually and do you think it would potentiate a great deal or not worth it? i also have vistaril so would vistaril or diphenhydramine be the better potentiator?

Last edited:
Unless you are opiate naive Suboxone really won't do much of anything for you.

Unless you are opiate naive Suboxone really won't do much of anything for you.

I highly disagree. I'm quite far from "naive" with general opiate use, and 1mg of suboxone (when my tolerance is around 30-45mg oxy IR) does quite nicely mixed with a little clonazepam to keep me sane throughout the day.

I highly disagree. I'm quite far from "naive" with general opiate use, and 1mg of suboxone (when my tolerance is around 30-45mg oxy IR) does quite nicely mixed with a little clonazepam to keep me sane throughout the day.

agreed. im def not opiate naive and even sometimes my bupe dose alone at about 2mg has some nice affects. now thats not everytime but its an every now and then occurence so i def dont agree that bupe wont do "much" for you whether your opiate naive or not.

would it be safe to take 50-75mg diphenhydramine and 2-4mg of klonopin before dosing about 2-3mg sub sublingually and do you think it would potentiate a great deal or not worth it? i also have vistaril so would vistaril or diphenhydramine be the better potentiator?

I find the diphen to be an all around great antihistamine potentiator, and I don't have any experience with the vistaril so can't really comment there... but 75mg of the diphen, assuming you're not overly sensitive to its otherwise mild sedative effect, will certainly do the trick.

regarding the k-pins, it would be safe, probably, possibly, I would tend to say yes. But what is your tolerance to the pins? I mean, back in the day when I first was introduced to pins I would basically black out at around 4mg, so in that case combining 75mg diphen with even 2mg k-pins and suboxone probably is not a good idea. If 4mg k-pins is your usual dose of k-pins, then go for it - yea it's safe.

imho I find that benzo's, excluding valium, detract from my opioid buzz. but that is more a matter of taste. technically, I don't believe benzo "potentiate" opioids, just to point this out. but, I've been wrong before.

anyways, the point is:

• Srry don't know anything about vistaril
  • 75mg diphen is a good base if you're not sensative to it; if the diphen makes you sleepy on its own stick with 50mg
  • If you normally take 4mg of k-pins, 2-4mg should be safe; what ever your do don't take more than you would when mixing them with any other cns depressant type drug
  • again, less is more with the benzos. if you can go out an get some Cimetidine, as this will likely add to your suboxone buzz more effectively than any benzo... unless, I mean, you really like the benzo+opioid combo

I find taking two or three 50mg Diphenhydramine pills and/or Benzo's (10mg Diazapam works best with it's half-life being the longest at 200 h) and crushing up a two or three 0.1mg pills of Clonidine and mixing it with a good dosage of solid smack intensifies the rush best. Also, take Magnesium daily as it increases the opiate's analgesic effects.

Yes, this confused me a bit too. Are you talking about using a low dose of bupe to potentiate a different full agonist opioid? I seem to remember seeing a thread about this somewhere in OD, but didn't actually get into its contents.

I remember taking Clonidine with dope back when I was smacked out, and damn, that was fun. By far clonidine is the best potentiator I've ever experienced, on its own I mean. Then again, I rarely, rarely ever use clonidine, so for someone who uses it regularly the experience might not be so intense.

P.s. Suboxone would probably make the opioid naive person sick... then it would make them very high. Unless they were very careful about it I mean. Personally, coming off a substantial, long term heroin habit, I still seem to enjoy suboxone. Esp. when I wash my mouth out with listarine first! =D Although using it intranasally is my ideal ROA, the something in the strips makes doing so uncomfortable enough for me to shy away from using it so. Then again, I'm trying to use it as prescribed, more or less, or most of the time ;) so this isn't such a bad thing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand corrected. I suppose we all differ in tolerance and how our bodies synthesise the substances we put in them.

I've shot anywhere from 8mg to 22mg of Suboxone and 2mg to 12mg of Subutex with no good or ill effect. A mild (very mild) rush was detected (more so for the Subutex, but I was serial shooting), though in both cases, it was hardly enough to have me go through the trouble of preparing the mixture outside when not locked in a rehabilitation facility.

Have a look at Taimepedia's list of Opiate Potentiation:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+opiate+potentiation&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Ik this is old asf, I hope you still have your account lmao but what kind of magnesium? There's different types so which one would help?