• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News U.S. - Matthew Perry toxicology report reveals cause of death was "acute effects of ketamine"

Is dying of K a more badass celebrity death than speedball? I'd say for sure if it's an actual overdose and not a behavioral accident. I wish I could see exactly how the very few actual K overdose deaths happened. Isn't the LD50 like 4 grams or something crazy?

Is dying of K a more badass celebrity death than speedball? I'd say for sure if it's an actual overdose and not a behavioral accident. I wish I could see exactly how the very few actual K overdose deaths happened. Isn't the LD50 like 4 grams or something crazy?

Even assuming it was fatal apart from the drowning, it's not a pure ketamine overdose. Remember he also had buprenorphine and lorazepam in his system, as well being an older guy with coronary artery disease, COPD and diabetes. I feel like people throw the LD50 around while forgetting what it actually means, the dose that is lethal in 50% of the population. What about the LD01 though (the dose that is lethal in 1% of the population) that is going to be a whole lot lower.

I am unfamiliar with the effects buprenorphine other than it is used to help stop opiod cravings(yes I know some people hate it) does it cause drowsiness? Lorazepam I know about about(Ativan). Ativan Is highly addictive (benzo) that is short acting. Seems odd he would claim sobriety on it. 2mg Ativan is stronger than the 10mg Valiums(diazepam) I switched too.
Would, Ativan, buprenorphine and Ketamine interact enough to knock him out?
Phttps://bluelight.org/xf/posts/15952846/react?reaction_id=1https://bluelight.org/xf/posts/15952846/react?reaction_id=1https://bluelight.org/xf/posts/15942264/react?reaction_id=1
Even assuming it was fatal apart from the drowning, it's not a pure ketamine overdose. Remember he also had buprenorphine and lorazepam in his system, as well being an older guy with coronary artery disease, COPD and diabetes. I feel like people throw the LD50 around while forgetting what it actually means, the dose that is lethal in 50% of the population. What about the LD01 though (the dose that is lethal in 1% of the population) that is going to be a whole lot lower.

It can cause drowsiness and full on nodding in people with no tolerance but when you have a big opioid tolerance it usually doesn't have too strong an effect. However, combined with other drugs yes it can cause drowsiness. The dose of ketamine alone was enough to knock him out, but adding bupe and benzo into the mix would only increase the sedation.

Unofficial Cause of Stupidity: Trying to masturbate on high doses of horse tranquilizers. His dingus turned into clay like in that episode when Monica ran for city council and Joey slid his Audi into an archipelago.

Unofficial Cause of Death: Stupidity

The guy had previously attended 6000 AA meetings. He had more runs going sober than some people have had hot dinners.

Diagnosed coronary heart disease. And other physical issues i can't remember now, diabetes was also one i believe.

Someone who knows as much as he did about how this all works doesn't take that combo of drugs and get in a hot tub unwittingly. Look at his last few instagram posts too. He was obviously suicidal.

Someone who knows as much as he did about how this all works doesn't take that combo of drugs and get in a hot tub unwittingly. Look at his last few instagram posts too. He was obviously suicidal.
Agree, death by ketamine drowning doesnt sound half as bad. Wasnt the dude on suboxone? Propably didnt want to leave this plane of existance being known for dying to fent, imo.

The guy had previously attended 6000 AA meetings. He had more runs going sober than some people have had hot dinners.

Diagnosed coronary heart disease. And other physical issues i can't remember now, diabetes was also one i believe.

Really, you think this was a suicide. My sister's death was ruled a suicide( something I have a hard time accepting, I am inclined to believe accidental overdose). Suicide, why do you say that(I don't use social media hardly ever, accept here, He seemed Happy, what makes you think that?

Really, you think this was a suicide. My sister's death was ruled a suicide( something I have a hard time accepting, I am inclined to believe accidental overdose). Suicide, why do you say that(I don't use social media hardly ever, accept here, He seemed Happy what makes you think that?

Go and read his last few posts on instagram, he seems anything but happy to me. I'm quite sure you can do this without an account. He is being quite cryptic it would seem sending out the bat symbol then talking about swirling water.

The link doesn't work but google search 'Matthew Perry Instagram' and it is viewable.

It's not hard to conceive that someone who has CHD, diabetes and a poly drug addiction so bad it spanned multiple decades would choose to end it all IMO.

I couldn't get on Instagram, but 15 stays in rehab? The level of ketamine and other things I read: you may have a point. A sad point. Money can't bring you happiness and he didn't want to be a druggie/alcoholic. But it seems his multiple addictions may have been too much for him. It is hard to know if they don't leave a note or talk about suicide to really know.

I couldn't get on Instagram, but 15 stays in rehab? The level of ketamine and other things I read: you may have a point. A sad point. Money can't bring you happiness and he didn't want to be a druggie/alcoholic. But it seems his multiple addictions may have been too much for him. It is hard to know if they don't leave a note or talk about suicide to really know.

I think multiple addictions plus physical health waivering is the cause of his depression which likely ended by suicide.

If you put into Google 'Matthew Perry Instagram' the link that comes up mattperry4 is him.

His weird Mattman stuff and other things have me now believe it is a possibility. I still think he was to big a dork to die a Hollywood death accidently, so with all the factors: including he was a nice guy and probably didn't want others to feel guilty. Like family and friends( no pun intended) who might think we should have done more, if it was a suicide. You are probably right.