• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.S. - Doctors Who Hate Drug Users Are Fueling the Opioid Crisis

Really sucks. They use the residue in your paraphernalia to justify an arrest. Whats next? Are the cops going to scrape my fingernails and floss my teeth when the pipe comes up clean?
I say fight. They?re going to bankrupt you by sending you to jail anyway, so why not spend your cash on a good lawyer.

I have a soft spot for paramedics. They saved my life. And they're funny as hell, in a kinda dark compassionate way. Good natured, hard working folks generally speaking.

I'm not sure the cops wouldn't have arrested me if they'd gotten there first though.

Even when people are getting access to treatment, the problem is that people tend to get pushed into treatments that aren't appropriate for their needs. They're approached by social workers and such in the hospital and rushed into agreeing to whatever treatment the staffer can get them to agree to that's funded by insurance or otherwise covered by the state. In that situation proper triage tends to go out the window.

Even when medical professional do push treatment, they do so in ways that harm at least as often as help.

And that's more of a best case scenario in a treatment friendly state for people who actually have insurance that covered treatment.

I too respect first responders...emts, not cops. The one time I did get in a bind and od'd the cops were too busy going thru my shit to let the medical through..and thanks to an og bl'er I got treatment, came out of it so didn't need narcan thank God. But these fucking cops were blocking the medical and my boy is yelling at the cops like wtf are y'all doing he needs the EMTs. Luckily my.boy hid the raw so neither of us got charged..but man those cops didn't give a fuck they just wanted a reason to lock me up

To the op, I agree totally. Drs can be some of the most sarcastic uncaring judgemental fuck wads on this planet. And they perpetuate the opi stigma. Yet they are the ones that prescribe the shit. Er Drs are the absolute worst. I flipped out on one who was just letting me suffer and seemed to be enjoying it...if I wasn't also in benzo wd I prob would have been streeted. But they gave me an I've of fluids and .5 Ativan for a 6mg a day xan habit and a little bupe for a half gram of iv raw habit. I kept telling them it's not working and he tried to say I was lying. Got heated i threatened him security came in so I ripped the iv out getting blood EVERYWHERE and just let it bleed all over the place before they said they'd call the police if I didn't sit still so they could bandage me. When they stepped out I did it myself and tore up all the paper work except for one piece that I spit all in and left a big bloody smear haha...I was ready to murder that long hair fuck

Was totally honest and he said oh so you want drugs...what do you want. I said Xanax and something for the opi wd and comes back with .5 of Ativan..are you fucking kidding me right now??

Filed a formal complaint against the Dr and turns out I wasn't the only one. They were just outside the curtain laughing at "another pissed off junkie who's angry we're not giving him more drugs" that was basically the when I decided to pull the iv and leave..no wonder Drs make this worse. Dealing with someone in the condition I was in isn't hard, if he was just a little more understanding it would have turned out much diff I'd like to think.

I guess I got REALLY lucky a the last hospital I had surgery in. I went in with a scripted daily use of 75 mg/day oxy, 6 mg/day Ativan, and 200 mg/day Lyrica. After 2 surgeries and 5 days in the hospital they had me on 360 mg/day oxy (at one point it was 480 mg/day!) plus 6 mg /day dilaudid with no chg on the others. The hospital Dr said I broke the record for an oxy prescription.
I stayed at that dose for 9 days and the nurses didn?t even blink at giving me my pills and injections.
It has sucked pretty bad getting off it ......

^a lot of medical professionals are super competent, responsible and compassionate too, but they seem to be the exception to the rule. I'd like to think their number is going with the general increase in awareness surrounding opioid use, but I'm not so sure.

A lot of doctors teacher others opioid users still just junkie POS. They be the cold hearted assholes. It might be due to getting burned by one to many unscrupulous user, but that's not reason to treat everyone like a pos just because they use, are prescribed or struggle with opioids/drugs.