• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.S. - 2 Chicago-area companies sold narcotics online, shipped from local warehouses

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
2 Chicago-area companies sold narcotics online and shipped from local warehouses, prosecutors say
Rick Kambic
Chicago Tribune
May 31st, 2018

Two suburban residents appeared in federal court Thursday morning on charges related to the sale of fentanyl and fentanyl precursors over the internet using unlicensed businesses.

Wei Xu, 52, who goes by the alias "Scarlett Hsu," lives in Vernon Hills and operated a business known as 1717 CheMall Corp. from a warehouse at 222 Terrace Drive, Mundelein, according to a news release from the U.S. attorney's office.

A multi-jurisdictional task force led by the Drug Enforcement Administration raided 1717 CheMall Corp. late Wednesday. Employees of neighboring businesses posted photos of the activity on social media, but the U.S. attorney's office was unable to disclose what was recovered from the warehouse.

Xu was charged with one count of knowingly distributing a controlled substance. Prosecutors said she used the company's website to sell "fentanyl and other controlled substances" from the site's "estore."

Federal prosecutors say Liangfu "Larry" Huang, 53, of Northbrook, ran a business known as Ark Pharm Inc., which operated from a warehouse at 1840 Industrial Drive, Libertyville, until recently moving to 3860 N. Ventura Drive, Arlington Heights, according to the federal complaint.

Read the full story here.

Read the full criminal complaints here.

Ark Pharm was a well-known supplier of laboratory chemicals. In fact, a colleague of mine had just recently purchased a chemical from them. I was quite shocked to see this in the news, as they are such a large business, and I had assumed that any American chemical supplier of that size would know better than to do something as stupid as sell controlled substances through their online stores without a licence. However, both of the accused might have been more used to the laxer regulatory environment in China when it comes to this sort of thing. I get the impression from the criminal complaints that the two accused did not understand that they were committing extremely serious crimes.

It should be noted that neither of the companies are actually accused of having offered or supplied fentanyl per se. Ark Pharm sold controlled precursors of fentanyl, and 1717 ChemAll sold butyrfentanyl.

I found it interesting that an undercover DEA agent used "consensually recorded" telephone conversations as evidence for the complaint against Xu. If you are a company that sells illegal things, you should probably be very suspicious if a client asks you if they can record your conversation.

These ppl may well have been ignorant of the laws or as you say, ignorant of the seriousness of their actions. ...

Or were they? Maybe they are playing dumb. I'm curious how much trouble the Companies Wil actually get into vs how much trouble the Individuals USING the Companies to conduct their illicit dealings will get into? I gotta sneaky feeling the Companies will claim ignorance OF the dealings thereby throwing the Individuals under the proverbial Bus ..... and we the public shall NEVER know the true extent of who knew what / how deeply runs the corruption (*possible corruption or Alleged corruption if you Will ) of the Companies. Especially since you're saying at least the one company was well known and fairly reputable.
Be interesting to follow up if the media does so, on what happens.

Thanks for the share.

Let's operate a company that sells fentanyl to anyone and everyone. Sounds like a great plan.

idiots.

**** twirling my hand above my head as if ringin a bell ****

Hear, hear

^If they were just playing dumb, what are you suggesting? The corps are paying them off to cover up that they employed these people?

If they aren't paying them then it seems that the suspects would just give them up to save their own asses.

I don't support the drug war or the criminalization of drugs but i hope anyone responsible goes away for a long time. I'm sure the fent they sold ended up killing a lot of people. The profit potential of fentanyl is too great, this problem will never go away as long as the drug war continues.

I wonder how many people have to die before the gov't finally steps up and starts protecting its own people instead of the cartel's profits.

I dunno..... it's not making a lot of sense to me. Yet its making me wonder now --- how many Other legit" companies may be doing the same n haven't been nabbed yet.??

Or whether this whole thing was an inside job -- I mean government sanctioned but someone NOT in the loop caught on so they let this little ring take the fall?

I dunno. I have a number of suspicions about everything as relates to the DEA, To fentanyl and this "war on drugs"...... I know the USA gov't IS making a Hell of a lotta cash on it all and no they do not care that many OF our citizens are dying they simply point the finger at the dead ones as Junkies....and now pointing fingers at the doctors offices for having gotten everyone started on high dose pills (*which they did because our **government ** FDA told the doctors to push the pills like crazy mother Fuckers all thru the 1990s---2000s)....

It's a cycle but who is spinning the wheel? I keep coming up with theUSA government as an answer. Oh they'll sacrifice a lamb now n again.... when they Have To. Plus it looks good to have a "bust" everyone once in a while. A scapegoat.

Maybe I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist?