• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tyrosine B6 effect on the dopamine system

spikeycloud

Bluelighter
Hi, I have been of stims for a while now (almost 2 weeks) and take Tyrosine B6 (500-1000 MG) in conjunction with 50-100 MG 5-HTP almost every day to counter a bit of the tiredness, negative thoughts and mood. However, seeing that Tyrosine increases dopamine in the brain I was wondering if I reduce the up-regulation of my dopamine receptors this way. Or doesn't it work like that?

Maybe this is better suited for add but i took l-tyrosine sometimes after amphetamine binges for recovery or as a preload...I am however not quite sure if it made any difference...too long ago (about 8 years)

tyrosine is a joke. i tried it several times in my days various times for depression associated with dopamine depletion and it never worked as much as 10 grams didnt have an effect. combining it with phenylalanine b6 or anythng else didnt add anything at all except b6 in high doses makes you a bit stimulated but not in a good way.

tyrosine is a joke. i tried it several times in my days various times for depression associated with dopamine depletion and it never worked as much as 10 grams didnt have an effect. combining it with phenylalanine b6 or anythng else didnt add anything at all except b6 in high doses makes you a bit stimulated but not in a good way.

Well it did have effect for me in the past. That was before I used stimulants. 500 MG of tyrosine gave me energy and even tingly feelings like on amphetamine (2-FA, 4-FA etc. Now even amphs don't give me that anymore. So I was wondering if a big break even without tyrosine would solve that. So that the brain can restore itself in a natural way.

Btw I thought that B6 is needed to let it cross the blood brain barrier?

L-Tyrosine combined with B-6 certainly has a effect. I took L-Tyrosine with B-6 in combination with Bupropion in a effort to make the Bupropion work better to lift me out of the godawful depression i was having. It worked abit too well as it triggered off a manic and sort of mixed state that lasted a good month or more. I ended up having to take Risperidone along with Quetiapine and the Lamotrigine i was already on to get a handle on the mania. I did take it at other times for depression as well and on it's own with B-6 it definitely has a effect.

getting psychotic on this combo? you are just a dream creator. but wait, there is more! bupropion? i mean this is an actual RX potent drug considered norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor, how can this not add a significant impact would be a miracle. it doesnt mean shit tyrosine + b6 by themselves actually work. im surprised wellbutrin doesnt do shit by itself tho, isnt that its purpose? so having the need to add things to it to work, its kind of making it quite impotent if you ask me. because, i did read people having SOME positive reactions by itself only which intrigued me back then but ever since people either report only negatives or this one kind of faded away really.

I take b-6 with my amps daily , around 120 mg a day lessens the comedown effect ime , this is purely speculation

L-tyrosine needs to be taken on an empty stomach, preferably 30 minutes before eating as amino acids compete for metabolism. L-tyrosine is essentially useless if not taken this way. Make sure to take that into account before writing it off. I have taken it for PAWS after acute opioid withdrawal the benefits when coupled with cardio exercise were absolutely amazing for nudging the brain back into normal functioning after coming off of drugs.

getting psychotic on this combo? you are just a dream creator. but wait, there is more! bupropion? i mean this is an actual RX potent drug considered norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor, how can this not add a significant impact would be a miracle. it doesnt mean shit tyrosine + b6 by themselves actually work. im surprised wellbutrin doesnt do shit by itself tho, isnt that its purpose? so having the need to add things to it to work, its kind of making it quite impotent if you ask me. because, i did read people having SOME positive reactions by itself only which intrigued me back then but ever since people either report only negatives or this one kind of faded away really.

Bupropion usually is enough to lift my Depression especially Seasonal Affective Disorder. I only take it when the Lamotrigine i take as a mood stabilizer is not doing the trick for some reason or another. However sometimes it's not enough and on that one occasion i decided to mix in L-Tyrosine and B-6 with it and yup it triggered off one fuck of a manic episode. I have never gotten any Mania from Bupropion at any other time despite being on and off it for about a decade and combining it with other anti-depressants like Amitriptyline and Trimipramine so i can only conclude that the L-Tyrosine+B-6 combo taken with Bupropion was what triggered the Mania.

..... and take Tyrosine B6 (500-1000 MG) in conjunction with 50-100 MG 5-HTP almost every day .......

there is this enzyme called : "aromatic amino acid decarboxylase" that makes tyrosine and 5htp/serotonin ready to be transported across the bloodbrain barrier, if l-tyrosine an 5-htp/l-tryptophan are taken at the same time then they will kind of compete against eachother (also depend on how many of these enzymes you have / are in working order..

best take them about 45 minutes apart.

your ex.

As I understand it, similar to the case with PEA, the effect isn't significant without an MAOI, which is not to say that I recommend the combination at all. It can be deadly and/or lead to a raging addiction.

I love tyrosine. It makes all stims kick harder or even on it's own, just puts me in a better mood. I never train without it. Stuff is nice to use after a speed trip too. Tyrosine is a god send for me.

As I understand it, similar to the case with PEA, the effect isn't significant without an MAOI, which is not to say that I recommend the combination at all. It can be deadly and/or lead to a raging addiction.

deadly or raging addiction? interesting, can you elaborate more on these

just eat more protein

supplementation with single isolated amino acids is not very cost effective.

deadly or raging addiction? interesting, can you elaborate more on these

I really only what happens when PEA is combined with a MAO-B inhibitors. Doing so, if you don't end up killing yourself (which is a very real hazard) creates a high for about 1-4 hours, depending on tolerance. It's similar to amphetamine, but largely without the productivity and increased mental firepower, maybe a little bit like MDMA, but people compare a lot of drug experiences to MDMA. Tolerance skyrockets easily, as does the compulsion to redose. There are stories on the internet about people taking PEA with selegiline, and after stopping use, even after being after prescribed high doses of amphetamine, still battling severe depression.

When I used the combination, I dosed too high more than once, and almost suffered a stroke. You know the dose is too high when you get a bad headache in the back of your head, but of course you can't really do jack shit about it at that point except go to the emergency room, and with strokes, time lost is brain lost. You could literally be sitting in a waiting room while parts of your brain die.

I think a decent rule of thumb, which is not absolute in all cases, is to either take prescribed drugs as directed, or go the supplement route, or go the herbal route. Combining them leads to all kinds of funky results.