Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Two types of Ketamine?

jambourgie

Greenlighter
First post, so hi!

I was hoping somebody could shed some light on this issue I have with Ketamine. I've been using this substance for about ten years. At first, amazing! Totally fell in love with it. Literally changed my life. Snapped me out of a lot of bad ways, got healthy, into yoga, spirituality... the whole nine yards. I loved the kind of beneficial celestial spirituality, the total and utter weirdness and majesty of the k-hole, and the way it would make you feel great for days after.

So, of course, I slipped into the habit of doing it all the time. Always snorted, but getting up to a couple of grams a day. After a while the experience seemed to change; instead of the energised warm glow, it began to feel dark, on-edge and dysphoric, and I became scared to k-hole because the experience would be so utterly terrifying - as if I'd summoned all the evil that has ever been and it is crushing everything in an intense blackness. So, this, together with developing physical symptoms - I decided to stop.

Now I'd always assumed that the change was due to me abusing it, as if it was the drugs way of warning me to stop, as bad experiences on psychedelics can sometimes do - possibly because of the danger k can cause to your body. But I'd never considered that what I was taking was something else, not k. I only had one source back then, and they never mentioned anything, and I never asked.

Last few years I've been experimenting with it again, just once every couple of months or so. Doing really well in my life so figure I can keep a lid on it. What I've noticed is that, the experience seems to change regularly depending on where I source it, indicating that there are indeed two kinds of Ketamine going around . As if I get a couple of grams, it will either be the nice experience, or the bad experience, and the same for the next time. It's never that I can get both experiences from the same bag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you can't experience a struggle of a trip on the real K, you most certainly can. But this is different, so dark and malevolent.

So what is it? Any ideas? Is it me after all and it's all the same stuff, reacting different depending on mood etc? Is it the Isomer/Racemic thing? I'd always assumed that the difference of experience between these was negligible but am I wrong? Is it, as I suspect - some RC that's dong the rounds. I literally haven't been able to find anyone else who has had similar experiences, so if it's such a popular RC that it gets sold more often than the real deal, how come nobody else is complaining? Could it be a cut? Out of date?..

There's no difference in appearance, I find that the dark stuff doesn't have that minty smell, and is maybe more chemically, as if you've been drinking hairspray...

It's really annoying because I love real Ketamine, I think that if it's not abused it can be a wonderful spiritual tool. This other stuff is just horrible and I've just started throwing it away.

Good sources, not street stuff. Nobody else knows what the hell I'm talking about...

Over to you.

Speaking of strictly ketamine, theres S-Ketamine, R-ketamine and Racemic ketamine. The first is more potent that the last but some find it lacking in spirit, the middle is never really encountered and barely dissociative.

Yeah, ketamine has 2 positional isomers, R and S. Most ketamine is racemic (ie, an even mix of the 2 isomers), but they also produce s-ketamine, which is available on the market. I'm not aware of any r-isomer ketamine available, but it could be. The s isomer is definitely different from the racemic (R doesn't stand for raremic, which can be confusing which is why I mentioned it). It's more potent and most people say it's less sedating and more psychedelic.

No idea, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if there was.

I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with ketamine. Sometimes it would be great and other times I’d go to that dark place that I swore I’d never attempt to go back to again. Back in the day, we used to get the liqs of K and cook it ourselves. So I know what I was doing was pure, uncut K and I still had those troubling experiences.
I stayed away from K for about 10 years, but last summer I definitely got after more K than I have all years combined, from a few different sources and I have to say that I had a really great experience with it again. (Not really knowing what all it could have been cut with)
And this is the only thing I can chalk it up to (for myself speaking haha)
For me now, less is better 😃. Testing the limits and pushing all the boundaries entering into the K olympics- anything’s a go.
But having some control, has kept it was more enjoyable overall.

People always bring up the taste of K, are there any subjective differences at all between S- and Racemic in taste and smell?

I wouldn't think so.
nah but they look different. S-isomer is usually like sugar type crystals while racemic is more crystal shards

One time I said to a friend that I had some ketamine in rocks and he said how big are the rocks. I said pretty big. one rock was like 3-4 grams and it wasn't a huge amount but he said "Oh big rocks, i'm not very interested in it then." He took some anyways and had a good time but apparently he knew it wasn't S based on the size of the rocks. What do you think?

Interesting I had never understood that racemic is a balance of "R" and S... Always thought it was racemic or s-isomer. You learn something new every day lol