• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Two tricks to share

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
You may have read these before, they bear repeating. These two techniques have saved me and my old school friends much time and angst.

TL/DR:

1. For those who get uncomfortable to severe anxiety smoking cannabis products try taking one hit, wait 20 min, then carry on as you've desired but been uncomfortable doing in the past. Works well for me with high potency flower. I have GAD/agoraphobia with panic disorder and I fully enjoy indicas and even some sativa strains after years of on / off anxiety reactions.

2. Try cleaning pieces with vegetable oil and you'll likely never use ISO again. Forget any special cleaners - I've kept my pieces looking like new and never used one.

The details:

1. I am prone to anxiety when smoking flower, the only form I consume. To prevent this nearly entirely I have learned that for the first high of the day, I need to take a full but not immense rip from my bong. Then wait a solid 20 minutes until my next hit.

No anxiety except a twinge for a minute after that first hit. If I took a second hit right after the first there is a good chance I'll want to reach for a benzo. Bad idea and unnecessary. Just wait between first and second hit, maybe space the next few out by a few minutes but I'm all good with the one time wait of 15 - 20 min. Try it. Maybe use a timer - on your phone, use vibrate w/ no sound if needed.

2. I used ISO for years to clean my pieces. No longer. To clean traditional black bong resin and likely other resins as well use straight vegetable oil. No other oil, not mineral oil for sure! Olive oil works but not as well and costs too much

For bubblers and other small complex steel / Al / glass pieces you can soak a piece - covering the resinated areas completely with oil for a few hours or overnight. Warm the oil slightly - just a bit - for quicker action. Then all you'll need is cotton swabs, a rag or an old toothbrush to get the the last bits that didn't dissolve and other now loose crud off your piece and leave it shiny new looking. Rinse with soapy water and dry. If you still have some 91% ISO a final rinse for complex pieces will help them to dry quicker.

Add rock salt (NaCl) to the oil and shake the piece gently with a firm, dry grip to clean unreachable spots on larger pieces. Vegetable oil works much faster and completely than ISO, and is easier, safer to work with just a lil slippery. It costs less, you use less, you can safely reuse it. It cleans up well with concentrated dish soap. Environmentally friendly, I've used the same quart of oil for a few years. It doesn't discolor much the first few uses so be certain to label the bottle clearly, "not for human consumption", although someone out there has likely cooked with the used oil. I wouldn't as the oil is likely foul tasting shit.

With glass do this over an old towel and a softer working surface - things get slippery. I do it on a granite countertop and steel sink but I don't loose grip and have been doing this for years. Clean up everything with cool to room temp water and dish soap. Hot water is no go when rinsing away resin. Its fine for the final rinse when no globs of resin remain in your work area.

A great demonstration of how well vegetable oil works - if you have a straight stem to ream out, wet thoroughly a piece of paper towel or thin rag in oil, push it through the stem (wet or dry) with a pencil or other thin wood or plastic rod, be sure its a snug fit going through but not too tight, you don't need much pressure. One pass and it'll be shiny new, just needing rinsed. Amazing!

Never put metal to glass if you can avoid it. It's a good rule and might save you blood and money.

Last edited:
THIS, @speedballs_over !
I find that taking one decent rip, and waiting is amazing.
I used to do it on lunch break at work, one good little hit.
Not too much, but after a few minutes, you feel it creeping but it’s not too intense as to become anxiety causing.

Then, like you say, continuing on from there gives the mind time to adjust and the person a gauge as to what level is next and whether they want that (I always want next level). Some kind of tolerance must be at play, as well.

Micro-toking!

I'll give it a shot later with some benzos, kicking a mild dope relapse so I'm hoping it might help.