• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Two Prescription Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yteek

Bluelighter
Problem is, he said only fill the other, if one was out. One was in stock, but I feel I may also need the other. I asked if I could fill them both, but he said that may look sketchy, I was thinking just filling it another day.

They're both legit scripts, for two different narcotic cough syrups, one codeine, the other hydrocodone but part of me tells me I should drop in the office to speak and get confirmation.

Thoughts?

Nothing fraudulent, both legit scripts, just don't want to ruin a relationship.

my thought is that it is extremely bizarre for a doctor to write a script "in case one is out".

doctors can see what is filled and when, so best to talk to him or else you will indeed ruin the relationship.

It does occur but for controlled substances its kind of unusual. May I ask what the hydrocodone containing syrup was?

It does occur but for controlled substances its kind of unusual. May I ask what the hydrocodone containing syrup was?

Tussionex, usually it is out of stock. I thought it would be,so I offered to come back for a change instead, he ends up writing up both.

He is really lenient, surprised he handed me two, but only told me to fill one.

Other than lean (which is just stupid), cough syrup abuse isnt a huge problem. If you honestly need just for cough, codeine is just as good anyway. Next time you injure yourself, remind him of this. :)

That is what it's for chronic sinus issues.

He told me to just fill one, nothing is stopping me from filling the other, won't go against the doctors orders, but I'm thinking I should give him a check prior.

Absolutely you should. As mentioned, 49 states can see when you fill controlled drugs. Being flagged for cough syrup would be a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.