• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

TWEAKERS: How do you hide the cat piss smell?

I take a lot of amphetamine (well sometimes I take a lot), and I've never noticed an odor from that, but then again, that molecule is not N-methylated. I've never heard that methamphetamine breaks down proteins--not sure if I believe that one. I'm not saying it doesn't, though; I really don't know. Also, mephedrone and methamphetamine are more easily smelled because their dose is usually a lot higher (can be anyway) than a typical dose of MDMA. It should be easy enough for someone to take a sample of underarm sweat and run it through a GC/MS to see if the leeching theory is true. However, and for whatever reason, do enough methamphetamine, MDMA, or 4-MMC over an extended period of time and you will get a distinctive (from normal BO) scent. I'm sure of that.

Last edited:
Just speaking from personal experience, I take Adderall daily and have abused it on more then a few occassions. I get really strong bo (that gross oniony smell). There was a notable exception a few months ago when I had been sweating profusely and decided to throw my dirty socks in my purse. The smell was UNBELIEVABLY gross (just like rotting fish). I had to put my purse in the wash to get the smell out. It's weird because I never smell like that even after going a few days without a shower (not that I make a habit of it!)

tryptamine said:
Base speed smells like this.

European "base" is actually just the sulphate salt. You're not purchasing vials of viscous, oily liquid, are you?

dresden said:
I've never heard that methamphetamine breaks down proteins--not sure if I believe that one.

No, it's rather that adrenergic stimulation coupled with caloric deprivation leads to increased catabolism of proteins (and fats, the latter lending the breath an acetone-like odor).

Also, mephedrone and methamphetamine are more easily smelled because their dose is usually a lot higher (can be anyway) than a typical dose of MDMA.

Not really. Methamphetamine is a great deal more potent than MDMA (with 100 mg being a comically strong dose for those without acquired tolerance). A binge spanning 24 hours or more on any of these substances will typically add up to one to a couple grams (well, mephedrone being more likely to add up to multiple grams, given its short duration).

ebola

It is my understanding that to reach the point of protein catabolism one would have to be not eating.

Last edited:
Please remember that if you are snorting or smoking any major stimulant (and therefore probably binging :) ) you are either cramming your nose full of it or spreading it around on yourself and everywhere else in particulate form. If you are doing either of these things, of course you are going to smell it on or around you. Especially if the drug is impure (usually) or just kind of stinky (and impure) like MDPV or 4-MMC. That said, usual binges of stimulants last at least a couple of days and allow time for the drug to build up inside and outside the system, add in the paranoia and yes, you are smelling that stuff everywhere. Just my 2 cents/p.

I only notice the scent occasionally, but even then I'm safe because sobers don't know it's a sign of anything other than bad BO. This is the case with most signs we would instantly spot.

dresden said:
It is my understanding that to reach the point of protein catabolism one would have to be not eating.

Right. Stimulant binges and buffets hardly go together... :p

ebola

Basically, freebase methamphetamine stinks and if you take enough of its salt, your body will stink too after a while.

I have only noticed this with stimulant addicts who choose not to shower. Like Ebola said it's not the drugs leeching out of your skin, the chemicals from imperfect synthesis in your blood stream or any of those other myths. There was one guy i remember who stayed with a friend of mine for abit who reeked of cat piss so fucking bad that you would think he'd been washing himself in it. He basically did nothing besides smoke meth for days, get drunk, crash, eat once a week or so if someone bought him food and all this without showering. I swear that the guy thought he was allergic to soap or something cause he never used any. He was so bad that the couch that he slept on (when he wasn't high) and was perpetually glued to while staying at my friends place took on his stench and had to be tossed out after my buddy got fed up with him and kicked him out. We used to call it his couch because noone else would sit on the fucking thing so yeah it got tossed out after cause there seemed to be no way to get the stench off.

I don't know why this myth got attached to only meth because it's not like crackheads who neglect their hygiene smell like roses or anything :\ . When sweat builds up on your skin you just stink. One of the things i didn't like about Dextroamphetamine where the dexie sweats that made my skin feel really uncomfortable. I would be walking home in near freezing temperatures and id still be sweating like a pig. It vaguely reminded me of opiate withdrawals cause i can't stop sweating when i'm dopesick either and i'll still feel really uncomfortable even if i shower a few times a day. The only time i ever use that stinky axe body wash is when i'm dopesick and don't care what i smell like as long as it's not that dopesick sweat that seems to reek worse then normal sweat.

When i shoot meth and piss my urine has a distinctly pungent odor. And my sweat is thick and sticky.

^ I didn't wanna be the first one to say it, but for sure. It always made my piss(and shit) smell much worse. A awful chemically smell. Gah, I don't even want to think about it.

I dont think anybody has mentioned the obvious fact that judging your own odour yourself on the drug is utterly inaccurate since amps drastically enhance/modify/amplify/distort your sense of smell.

I struggled with freaky smell concerns for ages, not just me but any smells like food, the outdoors, smelling things that shouldn't logically have a unique smell at all. And these memories have persisted after use.

After checking with sober persons often, i concluded there was no real smell and i was fine, it was entirely my high perception and not reality.

Some examples of olfactory weirdness:

1. I enjoyed the smell of my own shit. The smell never changed but the brain re-wired itself to consider it a pleasant smell at the detriment of my own sanity and self respect. Piss smelt like wild berries and cream.

2. My body smelt like the smell of a non ventilated room after aggressive sex

4. Food, while eating was difficult and unnatural, smelt amazing and tasted better.

5. The taste and smell of my brand of cigarettes changed drastically and permanently even after stopping meth use

6. My house passageway had a unique smell for no reason. Even though its open to the whole house and cant logically have its own smell obvious identity, it does, as soon as you enter its freaky domain. The smell is unique and comparable to nothing else, its alien. I still smell it now when sober, and it never had a smell before i did meth.

7. Every change in scenery or circumstance or mental tone or situation seems to change the smell of the area you are in to match the mood. Sort of like that mental visual feeling when a dark cloud engulfs a room where negativity has predominated. Its like sensing or influencing smells emotionally depending on the situation.

Ok I know this post is old as fuck but I have to answer it. I don't know what kind of meth you're doing but it must be some nasty low quality bath tub shit or something. I've been smoking shards for a long ass time and I never stink at all. Maybe some tweakers do smell like cat piss but nobody I chill with does. Are you sure you're not trippin? Meth does you sweat more than usual so that can contribute to smelling nasty but I don't ever let it get to that point because I take nice long baths/showers everyday or sometimes twice a day, basically whenever I start to feel dirty. Don't forget to wear deodorant and brush your teeth as well...Cologne/perfume never hurts either=-)

They make big enough rugs for you to sweep that shit under.or just apply peanut butter to the roof of the cats mouth.

Im thinking I got something with some bad cut in it cause it usually doesn't happen to me.

For the past week I've been iving 2 or 3 times a day and I have to take a shower multiple times a day because I start to smell.

But that's not the only thing happening I've been getting little crystals that form on my hair follicles and on my young and that scares me.

Anyone know what would cause this?

Well with the bunk meth I've been getting I don't smell bad at all! Of course I always shower twice a day (( cleanliness is important and has always been for me plus I'm addicted to showers )), and I try to get 8 hours of sleep if not more because I love my sleep! But I also work graveyard as a stock shift lead at the grocery store and lfit weights 5 times a day. Back when the dope was much stronger and got you higher than a mother fucker.. I was eating very little and would go weeks without sleep and my ass would sweat and the smell would be putrid. Lack of sleep and a shitty diet will effect how you smell! So remember to eat your veggies and fruits, drink a gallon of water a day (( that will save your ass if you're on a meth binge )), and you gotta get sleep! My piss now days smells like the light blue gatorade that I drink 3 times a day along with my h20. I swear to God I can drink my own piss and not freak out about it because it probably wouldn't taste as much as dope but more like gatorade flavored piss lmaooo but my diet is on point.. and the fact that I quit smoking helps! But just keep yourself healthy and I know that's counterproductive when doing drugs.. but if you are a recreational drug user then this shouldn't be a problem!

No.

No, this is not possible. Rather, increased adrenergic function leads to increased sweating. Couple this with poor hygiene, and epidermal bacteria have a field-day producing additional waste, leading to an unpleasant odor.
Dude, just take a damned shower. :p

ebola
For me it’s more like multiple showers throughout the day and still stink to shit.

For me it’s more like multiple showers throughout the day and still stink to shit.

Yeah, I'm female and I barely even need deodorant normally - I'm just not a smelly person. But meth gives me sweaty armpits and "boob sweat" ewww. Cat piss though? No.. That's a smell you get from the cooking process. It's ammonia. Maybe some meth is strong enough to give off that smell when you use it, but this is Australia heh.