Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: What minor Simpsons character reminds you most of yourself?

Plurred: I've heard about that and looked for it, but have honestly never seen it. Just as I never saw any gay undertones in Star Trek.

I'm surprised nobody has said Moe. I'd bet there are some drug dealers lurking around BL who are kind of selfish and abrasive and unpleasant to be with, but are rarely lonely simply because they provide something that people want. I've had to pretend to be friends with people like Moe in order to get drugs before. He ranks as one of my least favorite Simpsons characters.

does anyone see the lenny & karl gay undertones?
definitely, but it seems only one way. Lenny seems to be keen on Karl. Some episodes even have Homer voicing his appreciation of Lenny, so you have the three way unrequited interest thing happening

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
Plurred: I've heard about that and looked for it, but have honestly never seen it. Just as I never saw any gay undertones in Star Trek.

apparently you are not familer w/ Mt. Karlmore

I'm disrespectful to dirt!
Can you see that I am serious?
Out of my way, all of you! This is no place for loafers!
Join me or die! Can you do any less?
What a brave corporate logo!

For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle. =D

cravNbeets, is that from the same episode as:
"Uh... Maybe it's wunna dem ... uh... metaforical tings. Ya know like the cabin is axully a place insida you n me, created by our ... uh... teamwork!"

That's not verbatim by a long shot and I forget whether Lenny or Karl said it. That said I'm a little baked right now.

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
cravNbeets, is that from the same episode as:
"Uh... Maybe it's wunna dem ... uh... metaforical tings. Ya know like the cabin is axully a place insida you n me, created by our ... uh... teamwork!"

That's not verbatim by a long shot and I forget whether Lenny or Karl said it. That said I'm a little baked right now.

nope it's from the episode where artie makes the indecent proposal to marge:)

cravNbeets said:
nope it's from the episode where artie makes the indecent proposal to marge:)

do you refer to the line
"are you disrespectful to dirt??"
?

that really doesn't ring a bell, do care to elaborate. Isn't that the high school reunion episode?

I am assuming this has nothing to do with the line ".. not that store bought dirt, I can't compete with that, it's so full of nutrients.." (Moe, paraphrased)

please alleviate my trivial confusion

When I was actively drinking, I identified alot with Barney Gumble.

SardonicNihilist said:

please alleviate my trivial confusion

with pleasure my friend:)

RE: MT Karlmore

this was the episode where Artie offerd homer 1,000,000 dollars for a night with marge. Homer agreed and marge was whisked away to Artie's estate where he recreated their senior prom. Homer "crashes" the prom only to find Artie attempting to make out with marge. Destroyed, Homer leaves home and takes a job on an oil rig. Lenny for some reaon agrees to go with homer. While on their bus trip to their new and highly dangerous new job Lenny points out "Mt. Karlmore"

RE: "I am very disrespectful to dirt"

that's one of the subtitled translations from the Mr. Sparkle informational video:)

for lucky best viewing try link NOW

sparkle4.jpg

Either Moe or Otto - Moe seems to have alot of secrets and is involved in alot of illegal things (like stealing a whale from Seaworld) and Otto because im a big stoner =D

"Duffman Cant Breathe OOOO NO"

Anyone ever read that book The Simpsons and Philosophy? Because if its worth the read I might jsut go buy a copy from the local B&N

pharcyde you mean The D'Oh of Homer? I read it. Parts of it are pretty good (I loved the essay on Mr. Burns and how he can't ever possibly be happy), but a lot of the contributions were a bit thinner or just didn't make for good or fun reading.

Philosophy's just literature anyway. But unlike other literatry writers who prioritize the ability to move people's emotions or relatability, philosophers aim for maximum believeability. Anyhoo, for philosophy to be worth reading, it better be amusing.

Titania: You said if I wouldn't have to touch the drunk if I slept with you!
Duffman: Duffman says a lot of things. OH YEAH!