• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Man vs. Food

GenericMind

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyone else watches this on the Travel Channel. I love this show. The host travels to famous dives around the country and samples all their favorite dishes, and then attempts whatever food challenge they're famous for. Not only is cool to see all the neat foods diners and dives around the country serve(I LOVE food), but it's always fun seeing whether or not he can manage the challenges.

I really like the host too. Adam Richman. He's got a lot of character and he's really funny. I'd kill for his job. =D

Fellow fan. :)

I don't follow it intently, but I usually keep it on if I come across it surfing channels. The guy is funny, you can tell he's having fun as well, he actually tries to finish the challenges, and it's just great to see him crash all these weird dives. Easily my favorite show on the channel.

I watch it. He's funny in an odd way. It's a good show overall.

ALTHOUGH, here's my idea for the new season:

You take the host, you take the huge plates of food, you fly them both to a third world country.

You force the host to stuff his face in front of a group of starving kids.

They already have a show like that. The host travels to third-world countries and eats a bunch of weird local foods. ;)

I don't follow it intently

Yeah, I guess technically I don't either. I'm not even sure what day or time they air the new episodes every week, but luckily whenever I catch it on the they're usually playing a bunch in a row so I think I've seen most of them. It's definitely something I'll be getting(read: pirating) the full season of on DVD once the season is over.

It's alright. I like Anthony Bordain No Reservations better :D i'm a food & travel geek too

i've caught a few episodes and thought it was pretty funny
the host is good and i love the fake press conference after the challenge
"mancakes!"

I like this, Bourdain, and Zimmern. TC has a good food show line up, probably better than Food Networks lol.

^Weird, that. =D

You'd think the Food Network could rival other channels in that category, but they somehow fail.

When I watch Bourdain eat rotting shark nuts, its fucking must-see TV. But when Zimmern does it, I just see a fat guy eating shark scrote.
Justy analysis of the two; I remember there was a Bourdain vs Zimmern thread once.

I haven't seen Man vs Food yet, but it looks pretty entertaining (possibly brutally stomach busting?) from the commercials.

It's great, I'm watching it right now. Almost everything on the Travel Channel is great.

Without derailing the thread, I have to give a plug to Food Network's Good Eats, which I consider "Mythbusters for Cooks". :)

When I watch Bourdain eat rotting shark nuts, its fucking must-see TV. But when Zimmern does it, I just see a fat guy eating shark scrote.
Justy analysis of the two; I remember there was a Bourdain vs Zimmern thread once.

I haven't seen Man vs Food yet, but it looks pretty entertaining (possibly brutally stomach busting?) from the commercials.

I don't think Adam from Man v Food travels outside of the US, FWIW

Yeah he only does American eateries.

I watched one the other night where he had to eat a giant bowl of authentic Ramen from some Asian Restaurant in an hour. The cook used some secret recipe of retardedly hot spices. By the time he was done he had tears dripping down his face and snot running down his chin. It was great. =D

Often I'm sure. He usually looks pretty bad when he's done, exactly how you'd imagine you'd look after trying to eat 4 lbs. of pancakes in an hour.

This show makes me sick. Only in America could we celebrate this kind of disgusting gluttony. :\

Don't worry, I'll shed a tear for all the starving people in <insert third world country> during commercial breaks.